• healthygrl
    healthygrl Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm in!

Starting weight: 120
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Now that you are going to lose 5 pounds this month the next thing to do is make a plan and stick to it. I have one every month but have been having a really hard time sticking to it. So one of my goals is sticking with my plans.

For those of you who like the science of weight loss here is a quick break down for April. A 1 pound weight loss = 3500 calories burned. So to lose a pound and not change your diet you would need to exercise and burn 3500 calories or reduce calories by 3500.

The month of April has 30 days. That means to lose 5 pounds you need to create a calorie deficit of 17500 calories for the month which is a little over 583 calories a day. (someone call me out on this if I did the math wrong) That should equal 5 pounds in the month of April. The big question for you

HOW ARE YOU GOING TO CREATE A DEFICIT OF 583 CALORIES PER DAY?

For me the past few months start strong and then I forget to follow my plan. I have not been gaining but alas I have been pretty much at this same weight for several months. Its time to get back on the right track.

My exercise goals for the month.

I am following a half-marathon training guide. It includes weight training and cross training so hopefully that helps burn calories and tone muscles at the same time. I am using the Biggest Loser Power Sculpt as my weight training guide. I would love to be able to run a half marathon with my son at the end of October.

Eating

More fruits and veggies and less processed food. I need to start taking the time to cook even when it seems like there is not enough time.

I will check in here everyday log my food and exercise. Feel free to remind me about my goals if I forget that's what I like about these challenges.

What are your plans to meet your goal for this month?

Think it through and please share if you feel comfortable enough to do that.

Stay healthy!

Terri
  • rusta
    rusta Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Im in! SW 75kg (165 pounds?)

My plan for the month is to exercise CONSISTENTLY at least 3 times a week, something which is usually very hit and miss for me!
  • leamgood
    leamgood Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Week 1 170lbs
  • bearfamily8
    bearfamily8 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Ok this is something new to me.. Never hurts to try. I agree with you on the processed food.. Im a sahm, so I do alot of cooking at home and I realize it is more healthier if you need me to help you post so light, easy, and healthy dinners to help you long.. Let me know.. Thanks for sharing

Current weight ~194.4

See you Friday
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I will post my weight on Friday. Thanks for this. It always helps to have short term goals. They can be less daunting.
  • JEWEL1963
    Options
    I'm in sounds good to me. Will post my wt. Friday.
  • kelley555
    kelley555 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Starting weight 171. I could use a challenge
  • chaissone337
    Options
    I'm wit ya, let's get it (-: I'm at 205 as of today,
  • AmandaB4588
    AmandaB4588 Posts: 655
    Options
    Thanks Terri for creating another monthly challenge and encouraging us to share our goals! Best of luck to you (and everyone else) in achieving your goals this month!

My exercise goals: Stick to my exercise calendar! I want to finish Stage 1 of the New Rules of Lifting for Women.

My food goals: Get back to a non-processed diet, and get MORE veggies in my diet.
  • Empressmee
    Empressmee Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm in.. Starting weight 189
  • peariel
    peariel Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this! I'm in! I'll post my SW and my plan on Friday. :)
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    I am defo in. I did 1lb feb and 5lb March and for months I have noticed, one good month, followed by one bad month, heres hoping I can beat the cycle.

SW 149lb
    GW 144lb
  • de1amo
    de1amo Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    İ'm in for a start on friday--my starting weight is 168,5 and i will be happy if i reach 163 to complete my goal so its a big push!
  • carz2011
    carz2011 Posts: 6
    Options
    i'm in for def i'm 146lbs i normally weigh in on a wenesday but i can do it tom again. we can do it :-)
  • leamgood
    leamgood Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    My current weight is 170 lbs! Lets do this!!!
  • Alioth
    Alioth Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    It's great to see all you guys. For April, I'm doing 30 Day Shred. I started this morning on level 1 and failed the push-ups. *lol* Tomorrow I'll post my weight. Let's do this!