Lose 5 Pounds A Month April 2011 Challenge

Options

Replies

• timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Kelly, I know you have been down lately with the job situation but soo, sooooo happy for you and CJ...sounds like you 2 are moving forward in the right direction....just sooo happy for you, you soooo deserve this...sounds like he is just about as great as you are.

Did P90x today....boy did it kick my but, haven't been doing much "weight training" while I was concentrating on my 5k so boy am I going to be sore tomorrow!

Have a great evening all!!
  • tres1967
    tres1967 Posts: 177
    Options
    ok, I got lost in the vastness of that beast called the internet and joined the GAIN 5 pounds a month club! ouch... well, it's just time to get back on track (for the 10th time this month)... I did start C25K, and the 100/200 crunches/pushups/squats challenge and just really have to commit to posting EVERYTHING I put in my mouth, its so easy for me to lie to myself, eat what I know I shouldn't and just leave it off the list... SO, here goes to getting back under 180 for April

4/12/11 182 :(
    4/30/11 GW 179 AND logging every bite every day.
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Whoops! My apologies for not having BMK up yesterday, still trying to pull my old info off the old laptop.. Anywho... this weeks challenges are:

***Start, continue, or if you have graduated, pick a week, of Couch to 5k (plan found here: http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml ) and do the 3 days for that week. I've graduated it, and it made a huge difference. Check my blog on here for my experience with it.

***Have a 'fun' day..the weather is getting nicer almost everywhere, go enjoy it, play catch, go for a hike, go swimming if it's hot enough, just do something fun that you wouldn't normally consider exercise.

***Drink a minimum of 10glasses of water 3x this week, I know many of us drink more, but at the same time, many don't.. so let's get our drink on ;)
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    SW 149
    W1 150
    W2 151

Ok this isn't going well lol
  • shawnae2
    shawnae2 Posts: 105
    Options
    Ok Weighed in this morning. A day late but hey at least I remembered :laugh: !! I am delighted with the results. Started back with my step aerobics last night after two weeks off thanks to my crazy work schedule. And OMG I could tell I didn't work out for two weeks. Plus I managed to be outside washing cars for three hours today. It felt good to be out in the sun after being locked indoors all day at work and to get off of work to see the sun setting. Got a little sun burn on my arms and chest but it will probably be gone by tomorrow!

CSW- 274.9

4-7-11- 272.6

4-12-11- 271.6

YAY 3.3 lbs down. I am on track this month!! SOOOO EXCITED:happy:
  • sdbacher
    sdbacher Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello All,

When I started this I weighed 157, now as of today I weigh 154!!! Down 3, 2 to go by May 1st!.
  • kelley555
    kelley555 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Started April 1st - 171
    today - 167.5
    3 lbs down and 2 to go!!!
    Thanks for the challenge!
  • kelley555
    kelley555 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Oops! 3.5 down and 1.5 to go!
  • buffyfan28
    Options
    Didnt lose anything last week so didnt post but lost 1lb this week

CW 150
  • 55tolose
    55tolose Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Good morning all :flowerforyou:

Um i haven't exercised at all and ate like crap but I have dropped 3 pounds since sunday! back below the 150's yay. im now at 149.6 again.
  • marathonmom72
    marathonmom72 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Moving in the right direction now...just very slow. Last week 154; this week 153.4 - down .6 pounds.
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    If you are struggling and you think you are eating better and exercising more but the scale is not moving make sure you are using portion control. Read the labels of the foods you are eating. Don't guess what half a cup of something looks like get out the measuring cups. If you have never done this you may be surprised. If you have been guessing chances are you have been getting bigger portions and thus more calories than you think. If you can go out and buy an kitchen scale. I have one that resets to zero after you put your plate on so then you can add each part of your meal and reset it so you know you are only getting a serving of meat and one of veggies or whatever you are putting on your plate. Hope that helps you out a little bit.

Yor are so right about this! I decided today to make this my mini goal for the week. I'm using measuring tools and logging everything (even tiny stuff like gum!) so no risk of being off. Hopefully this week will be a good week for everyone!

I am so good with the advice but I know this is where I fall down all the time. With the home daycare I barely have time to make my lunches let a lone weigh and measure. I know that during the course of the day my problem is not with exercise but with how many calories I put in my body.

I AM A HEALTHY EATER IN TRAINING!

Keep trying,

Terri
  • soniajc
    soniajc Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
    Starting weight 158.4
    Week 1 156.8 Lost 1.6 lb

Thanks guys for the extra motivation ........

Posting day early!!!!! Week 2 155.1 Lost 1.7
    Getting there......
  • Angierae75
    Angierae75 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I know I'm early but my weigh in day is Thursday:

March 31st: 212.2
    April 7th: 210.4 (1.8 lbs lost!)
    April 14th: 207.8 (4.4 lbs lost. Almost there!)

April 30th goal: 207.2
  • dmgaloha
    dmgaloha Posts: 467 Member
    Options

Um i haven't exercised at all and ate like crap but I have dropped 3 pounds since sunday! back below the 150's yay. im now at 149.6 again.

Totally unfair... :tongue: I haven't exercised, and have been eating like crap, but I've gained... up around 154ish... BLAH! I'm on track for the GAIN 5LB challenge...
  • 55tolose
    55tolose Posts: 510 Member
    Options

Totally unfair... :tongue: I haven't exercised, and have been eating like crap, but I've gained... up around 154ish... BLAH! I'm on track for the GAIN 5LB challenge...

Lol What is it about the onefifties that has us in a rut? Is there a magnet tied to that number or something? geeesss already hahahahaha. WE CAN AND WE WILL SNAP OUT OF THIS!!!!!!! GO YOU!
  • Josie_ely
    Josie_ely Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm in :) my starting weight was 185... which was almost 4 weeks ago.
    Now I'm 173.
    Let's see how much I can lose in April... bye bye prego pounds!
  • dolphin21
    dolphin21 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I'm in 2!!!! My weight is 140.5 on 4-14-11
  • Archive972
    Options
    I'm down, although I'm planning on dropping 8 lbs by the end of april from now, i'm at 278, let's do this! 04/14/2011, I weigh in on wednesdays, i'll post my weight again next wednesday!
  • PercyPig
    PercyPig Posts: 318
    Options
    Slowly slowly getting there....

SW 77.8 (171.5)
    W1 77.6 (171.1)
    W2 77.0 (169.8)