Lose 5 Pounds A Month April 2011 Challenge

Options

Replies

• animechic23
    Options
    I Think I will Change My goal to 10 just so I can see how much I can challenge myself this month!
  • tracyg86
    tracyg86 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Week 1 - 29.03.11 - 158.4
    Week 2 - 05.04.11 - 156.8 (1.6 lbs down)
  • aab1
    aab1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    WOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!!

April 1st- 231
    April 5th- 228.8

Goal For April is 226! Only 2.8 More Ibs to go!!!!!

I hope everyone else is doing great!!!

@animechic23 - Nice loss!!! And kudos to you to bump up your April goal to 10lbs! Good luck!! :flowerforyou:
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Hi, hope everyone is doing well, ....have been a little busier than usual, as I'm sure everyone is....glad to see everyone made it to the new month, still need to go back and catch up on everyone...just know I am thinking of you all and wishing the best.....CHOW!!
  • Leopardliz
    Leopardliz Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    169.2 i am so sad i gained like 5 lbs this weekend. Now i have to do double the work. Im in :(
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    169.2 i am so sad i gained like 5 lbs this weekend. Now i have to do double the work. Im in :(

You probably did not gain 5 pounds this weekend. That would mean you would have consumed an extra 17,500 calories over the weekend. You probably over did it on the salty items. Watch your salt intake and drink lots of water. Those 5 pounds should get flushed away fairly quickly or at least some of those five pounds.

Don't beat yourself up, just get back on track right away.

Terri
  • TCASMEY
    Options
    Hello friends,

I have been MIA for a while due to a crazy busy work schedule and my health has suffered. I have started to gain a lot of my lost weight back and I am feeling down about how far back I have slipped away from my healthy living goals. So instead of dwelling on the past fails I am going to instead try hard to center myself back into the healthy living mindset. I am going to start eating healthier and logging my food. I really missed checking in with you all everyday and I really want to get back to that.

So, hello to old friends, hello to new friends and I hope to lose 5 lbs this month with you all! :flowerforyou:

Good to see you back. I totally know how much stress can mess up plans to be healthy. I was down to 163 before we started planning our move to this new town. By the time I got myself in control and started being healthy again I was 210 pounds. Right now I pat myself on the back when I don't gain and get really excited when I lose but I keep trying. Getting yourself back on track as-soon-as-possible is the key.

Keep plugging away at it.

Terri
  • TCASMEY
    Options
    Hello friends,

I have been MIA for a while due to a crazy busy work schedule and my health has suffered. I have started to gain a lot of my lost weight back and I am feeling down about how far back I have slipped away from my healthy living goals. So instead of dwelling on the past fails I am going to instead try hard to center myself back into the healthy living mindset. I am going to start eating healthier and logging my food. I really missed checking in with you all everyday and I really want to get back to that.

So, hello to old friends, hello to new friends and I hope to lose 5 lbs this month with you all! :flowerforyou:

Good to see you back. I totally know how much stress can mess up plans to be healthy. I was down to 163 before we started planning our move to this new town. By the time I got myself in control and started being healthy again I was 210 pounds. Right now I pat myself on the back when I don't gain and get really excited when I lose but I keep trying. Getting yourself back on track as-soon-as-possible is the key.

Keep plugging away at it.

Terri
  • TCASMEY
    Options
    Thought I would check in and say week 2 of the half-marthon training is going well. Just finished a 3 mile run and then walked until I had an hour work-out complete. I burned just over 700 calories in that hour. Gotta love running for the calorie burn it gives.

Its official today I am t the mother of a teen-age daughter. She turned 13 today and her favorite food is steak. So its steak and garlic mashed potatoes for dinner. I should be able to behave since I will probably not get to eat until I return to home from a meeting I need to be at by 6.

Did you know that people that fidget burn more calories than people who don't? So start tapping those toes whenever you think about it.

Have a great day!

Terri
  • phyljen
    phyljen Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Swam this morning. Doing good and lovin being back on track with all you pals. Phyljen:laugh:
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    First weigh in of the month and a 1lb gain :( TOM though

SW 149
    CW 150
    GW 144
  • AmandaB4588
    AmandaB4588 Posts: 655
    Options
    I am a little disappointed in myself today. It is my birthday, and I allowed that to be an excuse to pig out a bit and not work out. It wouldn't be so bad except for my family is making a nice (unhealthy!) meal for my Sunday night to celebrate--- I should have just let that be my birthday treat! :grumble:
  • aab1
    aab1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    @Terri - nice job on the half marthon training! I'm doing the C25K (W6D2 tomorrow) and am hoping to do a 5K within the next few months. You're right - gotta love the calorie burn with running!

@Amanda - Happy Birthday!! :flowerforyou: You shouldn't feel guilty to celebrate your bday! Tomorrow is a new day and you'll get back on track then. Until then, enjoy your day!!

Today's check in - Overall, eating and exercising are going well. I am finding myself struggling with knowing how many "good" carbs & sugars to eat each day. I hate that some fruits & veggies are so high..but I want to believe that because those are good things to eat that you can't over do it too much (within moderation, of course). So I normally go over on both each day but I'm not eating unhealthy and I really don't want to go down to only 1 serving of fruit/day just to stay under my daily allowance. I'm hoping I'm overthinking this....any thoughts are appreciated.
  • meboodro
    meboodro Posts: 4
    Options
    WOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!!

April 1st- 231
    April 5th- 228.8

Goal For April is 226! Only 2.8 More Ibs to go!!!!!

I hope everyone else is doing great!!!

Great job! And adding to your challenge is even more fantastic! :smile:
  • TAMMY_76
    TAMMY_76 Posts: 199
    Options
    bump
  • bubbakid1
    Options
    I'll try. But yell at me if I don't.
  • marathonmom72
    marathonmom72 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    No good news here. I've gained 3.4 pounds. So tired of gaining and re-loosing the same 5 pounds. 154 today.
  • MoM2LayLa09
    MoM2LayLa09 Posts: 152
    Options
    Week 1 - 151
    Week 2 - 149
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the warm welcome back! I have not been doing a great job of staying on track, but I am trying to think before I eat. Which is the first step I guess.

No wedding news to spill, really. I picked my colors: lilac and grass green. It is planned for early March so I am going with a spring-ish feel. I also want to use real grass as the centerpieces and push a stem tube in the middle of the grass to hold 3 purple tulips. No venue yet, and the groom is being an *kitten* lately so I don't really want to plan much right now.

I think I will be in a happier mood once I start living healthy again, so I am working on that.
  • littleTheresa
    Options
    I'm new to MFP but I'm in too.