Lose 5 Pounds A Month April 2011 Challenge

Options

Replies

• KristiGuard
    KristiGuard Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    SW on Friday the 1st was 194.2 I will post CW on Friday the 8th. (CW as of today is 188.6)
  • babyblues4
    babyblues4 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Week 2 and I'm finding it hard this week to schedule in excersise. I'm on weeks 3 of c25k and I haven't done any of my runs this week because of sick kids and piles of kids homework to help with. Tonight I'm running for sure! I really want to by a treadmill so I can run during nap time or early morning before anyone wakes.

I'm new on here and I don't have any friends... How does this friend thing work? I feel strange sending friend requests out.

I'm hoping for another 1lb loss this week *fingers crossed*
  • AmandaB4588
    AmandaB4588 Posts: 655
    Options
    Ooo, I like those colors, Jenn! They are going to look beautiful together.

babyblues--- Don't feel strange sending out friend requests! Everybody is here to both get and give support. More friends means more of that, which is always good!
  • AmandaB4588
    Options
    Kelly--- How are you doing without your scale?? I don't even remember how long I have been without mine but it sure feels like forever! I had my boyfriend hide it so I couldn't weigh myself even if I wanted to. It seemed like a good idea at the time but now it is making me a bit crazy!
  • Hannahrenee86
    Options
    4/1-176.0lbs!
    4/4- 175.2lbs

Sorry this is late.
  • GlynisH
    GlynisH Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    4/2 --162.6
    4/7-- 161.8

I'm late with this but woohoo!!
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Our old laptop died and the hard drive is messed up, monitor won't turn on, nothing, so I lost all the bmk challenge info I saved as well as my weigh in's and such. I'm usin a netbook for now til we can get another laptop and I hate it! I won't be posting much and may not do any bmk challenges for a few weeks, we'll see how things go. Hopefully I'll 'see' you all again this weekend :)
  • aab1
    aab1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I don't even remember how long I have been without mine but it sure feels like forever! I had my boyfriend hide it so I couldn't weigh myself even if I wanted to. It seemed like a good idea at the time but now it is making me a bit crazy!

@Amanda - I'm impressed you've gone this long...nice job!! I don't know what I would do without my scale OR my tape measure! I'm become obsessed with doing both each morning. Monday mornings have become my favorite part of the week - that's my 'official' weigh in & measurement day. I love being able to update my tracking sheet with any new numbers. Maybe your BF can allow you a temporary visitation with your scale...just to curb the urge. :laugh:
  • KristynStephens15
    KristynStephens15 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Im in, must lose this baby weight! But how do you post your weight loss ticker thing in replys???

CW 173 :frown:
  • AmandaB4588
    Options
    I don't even remember how long I have been without mine but it sure feels like forever! I had my boyfriend hide it so I couldn't weigh myself even if I wanted to. It seemed like a good idea at the time but now it is making me a bit crazy!

@Amanda - I'm impressed you've gone this long...nice job!! I don't know what I would do without my scale OR my tape measure! I'm become obsessed with doing both each morning. Monday mornings have become my favorite part of the week - that's my 'official' weigh in & measurement day. I love being able to update my tracking sheet with any new numbers. Maybe your BF can allow you a temporary visitation with your scale...just to curb the urge. :laugh:

Ok, I have a confession....

I thought writing about it last night would motivate me NOT to peek, but I caved first thing this morning. I used the scale in my mom and dad's bathroom. I have lost 5 lbs since the 1st! (The scale read 6 but I know from previous weighing that it is about 1 lb off from my scale.) I was totally shocked and happy to see that.

That said, I am going to stay away from the scale for the rest of the month. It was good to see that my crazy dieting and exercise is working but I don't want to fall back into that obsession of weighing multiple times a day!
  • bestdaysahead
    bestdaysahead Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm a newby and ready for the challenge. Starting weight is 254 lbs. I need a lot of motivation!
  • shawnae2
    shawnae2 Posts: 105
    Options
    Been without internet for a couple days and now it is touch and go. I didn't even have my phone to log. But I still think I was being good even though I didn't get to log. I went on a little mini vacation to the coast and still made healthy choices. Now if I could just get up and excercise. I am going to try really hard to get up before work in the morning and put it a good 30 minutes of cardio. I weighed in on Monday but didn't jot it down so now I forgot what it was. So I am going to use today's weight.

CSW- 274.9

4-7-11- 272.6

2.3lb loss. Can't complain about that. Almost half way to my goal of 5lbs. YAY Now just have to stick with it!!

Good Luck to everyone and I will catch up on reading everyone's post this weekend.
  • littleTheresa
    Options
    I started MFP this week. My current weight is 176. My goal is 140, at least. One of my favorite sayings is "You can eat an elephant only one bite at a time."
    So I've taken my first bite, so to speak by joining and recording my food intake.

The 2nd bite is my posting MY WEIGHT for all to see. Now that I've done it, that fear isn't holding me back anymore. I'm free from it's hold.

The 3rd bite has been excercising more. Just today I ran the stairs for 6 minutes. I was dyin'!! But it only took 6 minutes to burn 120 calories. Once my stamina is built up, I'm looking forward to being able to go for longer periods. Six minutes was a tiny part of my day and I felt great afterwards.
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

My funny story of the day...

Today was "family sharing day" at my son's daycare (cute, right?) so I went in to work a little late so I could share with him. We all sat in a circle and went around saying what we thought our family member's fav...whatever was, color, pet, place, ect. When it came time for us to share what we thought our fav food was I said...

"Justin's fav food is strawberries" (then he says Yes or No, and what it really is) then he shares what he thinks mine is...
    He said "My mommy LOVES diet food!"

It was really funny and my face went all red at first but then a few other kiddos were like "Ya, my mom eats diet food also" one little girl said "my mom says french fries makes her booty REALLY BIG"

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    At least we moms all got red at that point!
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    been busy, missing you all....will catch up..,,...,,,.someday!!
  • soniajc
    soniajc Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
    Starting weight 158.4
    Week 1 156.8 Lost 1.6 lb

Thanks guys for the extra motivation ........
  • PercyPig
    PercyPig Posts: 318
    Options
    Starting weight 77.8 kg / 171.5 lbs
    Week 1 77.6 kg / 171.1 lbs

Had a really big loss last week and haven't been as strict this week hence the somewhat poor result. I promise promise promise I will do better next week. Beach is only 15 days away!
  • sd892310
    sd892310 Posts: 151
    Options
    I'm in! Definately needing the motivation!
    Starting Weight Week 1 - 123lbs
  • TAMMY_76
    TAMMY_76 Posts: 199
    Options
    april 1: 159
    april 8:157.6
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    April 1 181
    April 8 179 Down 2:drinker: :drinker:

The weekend is almost here. The time of the week when my diet suffers do to a more relaxed schedule. WIll try hard to stay on track with my diet.

Have a great weekend!

Terri