Lose 5 Pounds A Month April 2011 Challenge

Options

Replies

• timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Weight up 3 lbs....I really must get a grip and get refocused....I keep telling myself summer is coming and I want to look good after all my hard work....I have meals planned and my workout days figured so hopefully this will help out....hope you all enjoyed the weekend. Have a GREAT Monday....
  • beccala18
    beccala18 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    April 2: 168.5
    April 9: 167

1.5 down, 3.5 to go!
  • nkenga
    nkenga Posts: 46
    Options
    I'm late to the party, but I wanna join in!

Weight 4/4/2011 - 168 lbs
    Goal for 4/30/2011 - 163 lbs

I just started this, so I'm expecting to have to make adjustments to my calorie intake (1200 is just too low right now, so I'm doing 1500 on non-workout days [Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday], 1800 on most workout days [Monday, Wednesday, Friday], with one 2000 day as a "cheat" day [usually Saturday, which is also a workout day]). I'm also going to stay away from the scale until the end of the month, and if nothing's changed, I'll make some changes.
  • JeanHaynes
    JeanHaynes Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I am in again this month. My starting weight for April is 182. So, my goal weight for the month will be 177 (or less :D).

I am checking in, I am currently at 180. So I have lost 2 pounds so far this month. 3 more to go :)
  • shawnae2
    shawnae2 Posts: 105
    Options
    ahhh forgot to weigh in this morning. I was rushed for work because I had a flat and had to take care of that. Packed all my food for the day and I always keep a little milk at work and the night shift drank it all up so no cereal for me this morning. They didn't manage to eat my yogurt and snack bar though so I had to improvise my breakfast!! At least I had a some what healthy breakfast. Can't wait to eat my thai chicken for lunch YUM!!
  • flnfrgge
    flnfrgge Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm a newbie, but would love to lose 5 lbs. this month. My starting weight is 185.
  • blackbyrd61
    blackbyrd61 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I am officially in the 100's! yea!!! This seems to be where I always get stuck...I manage to get between 190 & 200 and then seem to stop. Not this time though, I AM going to meet my final goal!

1 Apr ~ 199.5
    4 Apr ~ 200.0
    11 Apr ~ 198.0 ******

SW: 218 ~ (12/2010)
    GW: 160 ~ (12/2011)
  • dorairwin
    dorairwin Posts: 210
    Options
    sounds good I am in
  • BonitaAppleBomb87
    Options
    Sounds good to me 126.3
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Crossing fingers and toes that TOM treats me well

4/01~ 179
    4/04~ 178
    4/11~ 176.5
    4/18~
    4/25~
    4/30~
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Just caught up on the posts from over the weekend. I am impressed some you you are almost at your goal for the month. Keep up the good work.

If you are struggling and you think you are eating better and exercising more but the scale is not moving make sure you are using portion control. Read the labels of the foods you are eating. Don't guess what half a cup of something looks like get out the measuring cups. If you have never done this you may be surprised. If you have been guessing chances are you have been getting bigger portions and thus more calories than you think. If you can go out and buy an kitchen scale. I have one that resets to zero after you put your plate on so then you can add each part of your meal and reset it so you know you are only getting a serving of meat and one of veggies or whatever you are putting on your plate. Hope that helps you out a little bit.

Also remember that eating out is not an excuse to overeat. Most servings at Food places are easily 2 or more servings. Either eat from the healthy choices or at least cut everything in half and eat only half and take the rest home to eat later. I have not lost much lately, and I know it is my poor food choices because I workout 6 days a week at least. If only I could wave a magic wand and get it figured out, but I can't so I just keep learning from what I am doing.

Have a great Monday!

Terri
  • Angierae75
    Angierae75 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I'm in, although I'm a bit late checking in!

March 31st: 212.2
    April 7th: 210.4 (1.8 lbs lost!)
  • emariec78
    emariec78 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    If you are struggling and you think you are eating better and exercising more but the scale is not moving make sure you are using portion control. Read the labels of the foods you are eating. Don't guess what half a cup of something looks like get out the measuring cups. If you have never done this you may be surprised. If you have been guessing chances are you have been getting bigger portions and thus more calories than you think. If you can go out and buy an kitchen scale. I have one that resets to zero after you put your plate on so then you can add each part of your meal and reset it so you know you are only getting a serving of meat and one of veggies or whatever you are putting on your plate. Hope that helps you out a little bit.

Yor are so right about this! I decided today to make this my mini goal for the week. I'm using measuring tools and logging everything (even tiny stuff like gum!) so no risk of being off. Hopefully this week will be a good week for everyone!
  • aab1
    aab1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I am officially in the 100's! yea!!! This seems to be where I always get stuck...I manage to get between 190 & 200 and then seem to stop. Not this time though, I AM going to meet my final goal!

1 Apr ~ 199.5
    4 Apr ~ 200.0
    11 Apr ~ 198.0 ******

@blackbyrd61 - Congratulations on making it into ONEderland! Keep up the awesome work!!!
  • aab1
    aab1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Checking in from a long weekend. Had a lot of activities with WAY too much driving around the state. But it was all worth it to spend quality time with family & friends.

Even with the busy weekend, I made sure to find time to exercise & packed healthy snacks for my travels. I'm proud that I didn't do any cheating, even though those that I travelled with stopped at fast food restaurants.

I had a great NSV this weekend. I fit into a pair of jeans that I haven't worn for over 3 years. It was a great feeling and I'm so proud of myself! :bigsmile: :heart:
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Kelly--- How are you doing without your scale?? I don't even remember how long I have been without mine but it sure feels like forever! I had my boyfriend hide it so I couldn't weigh myself even if I wanted to. It seemed like a good idea at the time but now it is making me a bit crazy!

I miss it greatly, Amanda! :sad: And happy belated birthday to you! :flowerforyou: I've been out of sorts the last few weeks. Had some horrific news at my job. Major pay cut & increased hours. After 12 years of absolutely LOVING my job, I now dread it, only because the people I work for are major @sses! Anyway....I'm trying to go with the advice CJ has given me & just move on & not let it bother me so much. Until then I'm trying to cut costs out of my budget as much as possible. I'm also trying to keep myself going with some NSV's! Last week I went out to my parents house & found my prom dress in a closet - see pic! After 21 years it FITS! YAY me! :smokin:

Saturday was the most wonderful day ever! Started out with Spin class at the gym, then the rest of the day was spent with CJ! He got the boat out & we went on the Mississippi all day. At one point we docked the boat & got out & went for a nice walk around this little town for about an hour. Then we went back to the boat & I just laid in the sun on the dock. Apparently he was checking me out because at dinner he asked if I was still losing weight. And I was like yeah, why? He said he noticed when I was laying on the dock that I was looking pretty skinny! :blushing: Then I showed him my prom dress pic! He was ecstatic for me!

He took me to an awesome place for dinner that I've only been to on New years eve. It was so good! Anyway...we also had some major breakthroughs on our relationship. We have been only "dating" since August. We both have had some horrible relationships in the past & I think after 8 months we are both finally deciding that this is right. He kept bringing up all the things about our relationship. Started out with how much we make each other laugh constantly. :laugh: He also told me one of the major issues he has with me is who my father is. :noway: But it is a good thing....CJ has the utmost respect for my father & doesn't want to disappoint! I was like REALLY? LOL (CJ is a cop & my dad used to be the Mayor, thus his boss & CJ didn't even know I existed till last summer. He knew my parents, brother & sister for over 10 years and knew there was a third child, but thought I was a boy! lol) However there are no worries by my dad....he loves CJ & respects him greatly also --- otherwise he wouldn't have introduced us! Apparently that was really bothering CJ! :blushing: Anyway....CJ said its time to start a new chapter. So I know there was a MAJOR victory in my personal life this weekend! :love:

Sunday I ran the Gilda's Club run for laughs, Rosannadanna Dash & shaved a lot off of my previous time! Almost 3 whole minutes! Went from 37:32 to 34:44! :bigsmile:

Congrats to all of you doing the C25K. I'm SO thrilled to see so many of you doing it! You'll be so proud of yourselves when you complete it! I NEVER IN MY LIFE thought I would enjoy running....lately it has been my saving grace. Its a GREAT stress reliever. Kudos to each of you!
  • 55tolose
    55tolose Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Wow kelly how awesome for you. you have had so many amazing things happening in your life, even if one thing is not so amazing, Im really happy for you :drinker: :smile:

Well Im up for a Looooonng week! :yawn: Worked today, tomorrow (tuesday) I have work and school so i will be gone from 8:30am till 10:30 pm... Wednesday I have a meeting at 3 and another meeting at 6 both lasting at least a couple hours long.... Thursday I have school and another meeting.... Friday I have a meeting for work that is schedualed to be 4 hours long!:ohwell: :frown: .... Saturday and Sunday I have work doubles:noway: first work one place and then Work in a new place that im shadowing for and getting paid to shaddow! : ) yay. AND Homework all in between!

But that means friday i will come home have dinner all that and go to bed early and BOTH Saturday and Sunday I will be gone from 5:00 in the Morning till 11:00 at Night!! :yawn:

Not much time for anything related to weight loss but the important thing is there won't be any time for sitting around mindlessly snacking on chips or something like that like i did last night. hahaha.

Hope you all have a good week! I will be checking in because I cant resist logging in at least once a day.
  • orierie113
    Options
    Im in...SW 196.4
    04/12/11 195.....Its a start
  • sccamero
    sccamero Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Forgot to weigh in last Friday due to Relay for Life. but so far I lost 3lbs this month from 209.2 to 206.2 this morning. last week was so hard to get through since i stopped coming on this site to track my food and exercise due to such a busy week.
  • KristynStephens15
    KristynStephens15 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Weighed in today

Post birth of baby weight 192
    April 1st- 175
    today- 171

4lbs down this month