Lose 5 Pounds A Month April 2011 Challenge

Options

Replies

• aab1
    aab1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I think my scale broke.

@Juno - Do you mind if I use this reason the next time I don't like my scale's number??:grumble: :laugh: JK!!
  • aab1
    Options
    April 1 SW: 225
    April 8: 222
    Down 3lbs!

I was at a plateau the prior 2 weeks to our challenge starting. I was so relieved when I finally saw the scaling moving in the right direction. I kept changing everything up - what food I was eating & when, my exercising routines & when - with hopes of getting the weight loss to start again.
    Thanks to all for staying active on the thread & sharing your posts. I appreciate it!!
  • emariec78
    emariec78 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I think my scale broke. I start to work out this month and still eating about the same, but my weight went up 1.5 lbs. :mad:

4/1: 142 lbs
    4/8: 143.5 lbs

I got mad at my scale about 6 months ago and actually threw it away when I thought it was broken. The scale got me twice, though, becuase I just had to go out and buy a new one! Next week will be a better week! :flowerforyou:
  • nique281
    nique281 Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm down for the 5lbs a month!!! The only problem is that I can't even seem to shed 1lb and its already been about a month! Someone please give some tips (eatting or workout)
    4/8:171lbs
  • 55tolose
    55tolose Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone

Looking like your doing great! Keep it up.

My weigh in is on sunday as usual and Im really hoping for the number that I have been seeing the past two days :love: The 140's are soooo close I can feel them and dam do they feel good after six years:drinker: . NEVER AGAIN WILL I SEE 150's NEVER!!!:explode:

:noway: BUT I do have to get there first so i better not jump the gun on that one lol.:laugh: It took all of march on a plateu and I thought I was going to get stuck like I always do at that darn ugly number. But It looks like I just might get past it this time! which would be amazing!
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    April 2nd - 138lbs
    April 9th - 138lbs...lol..when I weighed in this week I got down to 137 but went back up in the last few days. Not exactly sure why but happy to not have gained at all. I also started the 30 day shred! Today is day 3 and I am starting to really feel in my legs.
  • aab1
    Options
    April 2nd - 138lbs
    April 9th - 138lbs...lol..when I weighed in this week I got down to 137 but went back up in the last few days. Not exactly sure why but happy to not have gained at all. I also started the 30 day shred! Today is day 3 and I am starting to really feel in my legs.

@Kickrz - I'm on my 2nd round with 30DS and LOVE it! Take your measurements - you'll totally see a difference as you progress over the 30 days. BTW - LOVE your weight tracker slogan "Lose it in '11" Mind if I pirate from you? :flowerforyou:
  • TLC1975
    TLC1975 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I'll give it a go..

SW - 135lbs

April 1 - 135lbs
    April 8 - 134lbs
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    April 2nd - 138lbs

@Kickrz - I'm on my 2nd round with 30DS and LOVE it! Take your measurements - you'll totally see a difference as you progress over the 30 days. BTW - LOVE your weight tracker slogan "Lose it in '11" Mind if I pirate from you? :flowerforyou:

I took a ton of measurements and pics too just to see. I always notice things when I see it in pictures.
    lol...of course you can use my slogan..I am sure it isn't actually mine anyway but would be cool if it was :happy:
  • peariel
    peariel Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    04/01/11 : 159.2
    04/08/11 : 160.4

:huh: Not sure what happened! I've lost inches, so I'm hoping it's a water retention thing... or my scale is mad at me... :tongue:

Congrats everyone! Keep up the good work!
  • ysamatar
    ysamatar Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I'm in. My starting weight is 179.8. I Will post my weight again on Saturday.

4/2__178.8
    4/9___176.4
    4/16
    4/23
    4/30

4/9: lost 2.4
  • phyljen
    phyljen Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    i went from 139.4 to 139.2!!! NoT much of a loss. but oh well I guess i will take it. I have been bad this week end though so I will avoid the scales for a few days.
    My darn knees are starting to swell up again. I cna't seem to get this water retention in check! today my legs are itching up a storm too. It feels like bugs are crawling under my skin. It is sucha weird feeling. Wonder if I ate something that I am allergic to. I went out for breakfast and had a mushroom omelet with swiss cheese??? guess I'll wait until tomorrow and see if the itching stops.SCRATCH SCRATCH! :ohwell:
  • sally125
    sally125 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Down half a pound this week but surprised I was down at all. It was busy with lots of social stuff so I am pleased with my half a pound. See you next week.
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Morning all,...had a horrible day eating yesturday. Chinese for lunch, movie popcorn for dinner and late night pizza.....GRR Where is the old Tina and why am I eating like this:sad: ......Well, I am refocusing come tomorrow, making a menu list for the week....

Enough about me....hope you are all enjoying the weekend.....going to be 80 degrees today.....enjoy all!!!
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    My favourite challenge...March went really good exercise wise and I met most of my work out goals however I was stuch at 179 for weeks....so hopefully I can bust this plateau in April.

4/01~ 179
    4/04~ 178
    4/11~
    4/18~
    4/25~
    4/30~
  • shawnae2
    shawnae2 Posts: 105
    Options
    I had my sisters baby shower yesterday. We had 30 people RSVP. So we had enough cupcakes, cake, and food for thrity people. Three people showed up. I was so upset not only for my sister who wanted to cry but also because of all the preperation and food we had :explode: . So I emotional ate. I was mad and there was just so much food that I couldn't stop picking at it. Luckily I did put out a lot of fresh fruit so I did munch on that a lot. But I am hoping that when I weigh in tomorrow it doesn't refelect badly :frown: . I weighed myself yesterday morning and I was down another pound. That is 3lbs so far. Two more to go and hopefully more. It feels good to be able to drop some weight. They just uped my dosage for my thyroid and I am finally starting to feel normal again :happy: I don't fall asleep all day and I can watch what I eat and drop weight without going into starvation mode. Five years of struggling with this and I had thought it was normal!! WOW!! Glad to see everyone's losses! They keep me motivated!! Hope everyone had a great weekend!! Mine begins tomorrow evening!!:wink:
  • 55tolose
    55tolose Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    SW 152.8
    CW 152.8
    :grumble: :grumble: :explode: :grumble: :grumble:

I saw 149 2 days ago! dang it why does this evil number have to stick around:cry::sad: :cry: :brokenheart:
  • allroundthesun
    Options
    Ahhhh, sorry, forgot to weigh in on Friday!

02/04: 131.9 lbs.
    10/04: 130.5 lbs.

So sorry, I don't recall my weight from Friday - not sure if I even weighed in or not. I'll be more mindful of the Friday weigh-ins from now on!

At any rate, 1.4 lbs down so far!

:heart: -- Juliet
  • MoonMyst3
    MoonMyst3 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Well so far I've gone up 0.6 lb but I attribute that to re-starting the 30 DS and TOM. Will have to wait until next week's weigh-in to see what's really going on.
  • ritaboland
    ritaboland Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    01/04 ~ 147.5
    08/04 ~ 146

Delighted with my result but then had a very bad weekend of eating junk food. Hopefully i can work it off this week!!