Question for the Women!?

Options
2»

Replies

• dmmurray12
    Options
    I was on the Depo shot when it first came out and did not gain any weight from it. However when I quit smoking I immediately gained 10 lbs. Not from additional intake of food, it was that the body is not burning as many calories.
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    The ortho lo gives your body less hormones so it makes your body use it's own hormones. My doc explained it to me. Hope it makes sense. Basically on the regular ortho you get more hormones from it, not your bodies hormones.
    When I read this it doesn't make sense:laugh: But it's true:tongue:

-Adrienne:heart:
  • KBagwell
    Options
    My aunt did the Depo shot years ago and was put on nerve pills before she stopped taking it. I definately think I have decided to go back to the pill! I'm just sooo scared I'll forget one!! :sad:
  • beccamb23
    Options
    AHHH, i wouldnt recommend the IUD...well, i guess get all the facts and make sure you know all the risks....i had Merana put in, then a week later had a check-up to see if it was in the right place and it wasn't.....it punctured my uterus and i ended up having to have sugury to get it removed...Way more hassle than it would be worth..I have tried the nuva ring and it was good...you don't have to remember to take a pill everyday and it was easy...