Girls in their 20's

Options

Replies

• Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    30's have way more pressure than 20's. You guys just wait.
    Thanks Banana :wink: I can't friggin' wait....:tongue:
  • missy0210
    Options
    Love the idea.. I'm 22 and working hard to meet my goal before I get married in May.

I'm 5'5''
    Starting weight: 220
    Current weight: 188
    Goal Weight: 150 - for now, I'll decide when I get there!
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    WTG, Mufasa! :flowerforyou:

There's a lot more girls in their 20s on here than I realized. I see there's a couple of us "mom" types on here, too. :wink:

I don't think my metabolism slowed down until after I had my first baby. Things get interesting after you make a person. :grumble:
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options

Yeah, you hit 30 and the metabolism slows way down, you start to get wrinkles, you have to go to more crap because the kids are older and are in more stuff, and that means more people will see your fat butt, and so there is more pressure to be thin like the other moms.
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options

Yeah, you hit 30 and the metabolism slows way down, you start to get wrinkles, you have to go to more crap because the kids are older and are in more stuff, and that means more people will see your fat butt, and so there is more pressure to be thin like the other moms.

see......and that's why I'm going to skip the whole making babies thing.:wink: ....I have a hard enough time hanging out with military wives as it is:ohwell: ....(self conscous and raised with men. small talk is not my fortay!)
  • raincloud
    raincloud Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I am in. I am 24 and 5'3"

I started on 6/23/08 at 260 lbs.
    Today I am 207.2 YAY!!!!!!
    I want to be 199 for Thanksgiving (5 weeks)
    I want to be 190 for Christmas (9 weeks)
    In the end I want to be 134-150. I will see what it's like once I am there.
  • bartender
    Options
    I'm totally in :bigsmile:

I just turned 25...

Starting weight: 163
    Current weight: 156
    Goal weight: 138
  • psyknife
    psyknife Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    When it comes to 20's, 30's, 40's and beyond, I don't plan on letting that affect me. I plan on aging gracefully and timelessly :)
    This is my hero, Dreya Weber, and she's in her 40's.

m.jpg
  • Anna_Banana
    Options
    Wow, does she do that thing where they dance in the air hanging on that curtain thing.
  • psyknife
    psyknife Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Yep, she's an aerials artist (and other circus/acrobatic formats as well)... she's fit, gorgeous and amazing! She inspires me to stay strong and flexible and to do what I love :) She seriously LOVES her job... and I don't blame her :) She inspired me to try out aerials... and I have been for some months now... I tells ya, it's not easy! But it's fun :)
  • Anna_Banana
    Options
    I think I would like it if I wouldn't have to turn in circles. I had some nerve damage in one of my ears and I get dizzy really easy.
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I'm 26, married with a 7-week-old daughter. I'm 5'4".
    Current weight: 144.
    Prepregnancy weight: 140
    Goal weight: 115
  • Dupes119
    Options
    I think that being in your 20's is hard because you don't really know who you are. It's hard not to give in the pressure to be thin and it's hard to eat right. We are broke, just out of college without a job and tons of loans. Late nights with friends out at the bar and the 2 am pizza and ice cream on the weekends don't help. It's hard to buy produce, especially organic on a tight budget, and way easier to eat McDonald's. Any one have any suggestions?
  • KaitieBug
    KaitieBug Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I definitely agree! It sucks to be in your "prime" and be struggling with your weight!

Starting weight: 143
    Current weight:141
    Goal:125, possibly 120
  • carak2000
    Options
    i feel so short ........ :blushing:

I'm right there with you. I am bearly 5'1 and it is so hard to keep your weight were it's suppose to be. My weight range for my height is between 97lbs and 132lbs. So I figure 115 is like right there in between. It's harder for those of us who are short in my opinion :grumble:

I'm 4'10"! My healthy weight is apparently between 90 and 118 pounds. I started at 135, as of today, I'm 117 :) and I have a goal of around 100, but I'm more concerned about losing inches than pounds.

Anyway, I think this thread is great idea!
  • KBagwell
    Options
    Im in too!!

I'm 22 with a 3 year old son and a 4 year old daughter!

I'm 5'9
    Starting weight: 181
    Current weight: 179
    Goal weight: 130
  • jmalone
    Options
    I'm in -
    21 yrs old
    Starting weight: 128
    Goal weight: 112
    5'4"

There are definitely a lot more girls in their twenties than I would've thought!!

:smile: Jen
  • soup78
    soup78 Posts: 667 Member
    Options

Great.....I only have a couple more months left of my 20's......

Good thing I feel (and act) like I'm still 21!

It's all about the mindset ladies :bigsmile:
  • Mufasa0331
    Mufasa0331 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    i feel so short ........ :blushing:

I'm right there with you. I am bearly 5'1 and it is so hard to keep your weight were it's suppose to be. My weight range for my height is between 97lbs and 132lbs. So I figure 115 is like right there in between. It's harder for those of us who are short in my opinion :grumble:

I'm 4'10"! My healthy weight is apparently between 90 and 118 pounds. I started at 135, as of today, I'm 117 :) and I have a goal of around 100, but I'm more concerned about losing inches than pounds.

Anyway, I think this thread is great idea!

WOW youys feel short and I feel like the AMAZON QUEEN outta the cage! It's crazy ... I like being tall and I don't feel so awkward anymore. Iam still adjusting thought to the big change I have experienced... Everyone around me here in NC is LITTLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am literally a head taller than everyone. :frown:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    LOL I'm a little closer to you. I'm 5'-7", but I'm the shorty among most my friends.