Fat?

Options
Okay so...I know we're all here because of our weight (some to lose, some to gain, some to maintain what they have already..)

But I'd just like to state that I'm REALLY tired of the dieting adds.
I see them on TV, on the internet...I've actually heard them on the radio...I'M SICK OF IT! :noway:
I'm tired of having society's take on beauty shoved down my throat.
It's ridiculous. :mad:
I happen to think that people of ALL shapes and sizes are absolutely gorgeous!
WHERE ARE THE ADDS ON THAT?! :explode:

[P.S....
sorry if I've wasted your time. I just had to get that off my chest :flowerforyou: hehe]

Replies

• GlassKisses
    Options
    Okay so...I know we're all here because of our weight (some to lose, some to gain, some to maintain what they have already..)

I see them on TV, on the internet...I've actually heard them on the radio...I'M SICK OF IT! :noway:

[P.S....
    sorry if I've wasted your time. I just had to get that off my chest :flowerforyou: hehe]
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking the same thing today.
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    Here Here:drinker: :drinker:
  • lcmartin
    lcmartin Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I agree! I just have to keep reminding myself of that.
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    i think dove does a good job on advertising people of all sizes, races, and ages being beautiful and happy. :-)
    plus if it's an advertisement they are probably trying to sell something so they want to make you feel bad so you buy it. haha.
  • GlassKisses
    Options
    Yeah, Dove is doing pretty good, with their workshops and whatnot.
    But these dieting pill companies are driving me up the wall.
    I understand that being like...really overweight is unhealthy and all, but what's with the promoting of deathly-sick looking people? I don't get it. I've always been attracted to more curvy people...it makes me upset that so many people are telling people they're ugly when they're really not.
  • neverbeenskinny
    neverbeenskinny Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: I couldn't agree more. We all need to love ourselves for who we are...no matter what the wrapping paper looks like, it's the gift inside that counts. :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    Yep I hate all those diet ads too. :grumble: Thanks for bringing this up I have thought about this several times :drinker:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    I don't know-- personally, I'm better looking 28 pounds lighter-- Companies know people want to look their best, which generally means weighing less, so market their products thus.

It is what it is-- 306.gif
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    personally the ads that bother me the most are the ones on this site. My husband has glanced over a few times and got worried that those were the types of things I was trying.
  • GlassKisses
    Options
    "1 flat stomach rule: obey" <--maybe I don't want to. Stupid sites, trying to suck me in! Ahh! :noway:
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    I totally agree...if we were all the same weight, size and shape.....what a boring world this would be.

:flowerforyou:
  • LovelyLady1977
    Options

[P.S....

Just wanted to say that you have beautiful eyes!
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    Your not the first to have that rant sis, it's ok. :flowerforyou: I think that just about every one of us has either posted that, or agreed to it elsewhere, so NO your not wasting our time! And LovelyLady is right, just for the record. :tongue:
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    I was thinking the same thing today watching t.v. A weight-loss clinic in Cincinnati has a commercial where the doctor says "Fat isn't your fault!!!!! It's a disease!!!!!! Call for the new lap band."

HA HA Well, umm...I would love to blame on it someone else but I am the one who chose to eat all the unhealthy stuff and drink only Coke. My fat WAS/IS my fault! :devil:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    I was thinking the same thing today watching t.v. A weight-loss clinic in Cincinnati has a commercial where the doctor says "Fat isn't your fault!!!!! It's a disease!!!!!! Call for the new lap band."

HA HA Well, umm...I would love to blame on it someone else but I am the one who chose to eat all the unhealthy stuff and drink only Coke. My fat WAS/IS my fault! :devil:

See, now when I said that once everyone got mad at me-- must be in the delivery-- or that little dancing Peanuts dude of yours. :wink:
  • jenifergotti
    jenifergotti Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I think we all feel better about ourselves when we lose a few pounds. But we are beautiful at any weight and size! Just remember that Marilyn Monroe was a size 14 and the guys would have died to be with her!!!! We just have to make the best of what we got girls!!
  • dewpearl
    dewpearl Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I don't know-- personally, I'm better looking 28 pounds lighter-- Companies know people want to look their best, which generally means weighing less, so market their products thus.

Yeah, maybe, but all the same they try to stuck this idea in your had that only the skinny tiny figures are appealing and all that. The media just keeps bombing us with slim girls and keeps commenting on everyone who gained 2 pounds until we all want to drop the last cm of "fat" just to be what the media (hence everyone, right? :angry: ) likes. I'm actually also terribly mad at this :mad: . Thanks for bringing it up, it allows me to vent :).
  • OomarianneoO
    OomarianneoO Posts: 689 Member
    Options

Yeah, maybe, but all the same they try to stuck this idea in your had that only the skinny tiny figures are appealing and all that. The media just keeps bombing us with slim girls and keeps commenting on everyone who gained 2 pounds until we all want to drop the last cm of "fat" just to be what the media (hence everyone, right? :angry: ) likes. I'm actually also terribly mad at this :mad: . Thanks for bringing it up, it allows me to vent :).

Anyone remember when Oprah had lost all that weight? The first time I saw her, I remember thinking she didn't look that good. I thought she lost too much weight. Even my hubby said that she looked better big.

All the ads used to bother the heck out of me. They don't so much anymore. Maybe because I like myself more. Maybe it's because I know that I'm loved whatever weight I am. I hope I've started teaching my kids that the weight has to come off because I want to be healthy and not because I want to be some pin-up girl.

Edit: on second thought "pin-up girl" sounds good. But skinny no-butt, model type of bodies make me :sick:
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    I think confidence is attractive. I see women my same size or even bigger and they seem comfortable in their own skin and I feel proud for them. Personally, I just don't like how I feel, how I breath, how I look. Not that I don't think I am still a pretty woman, just I am not happy in this suit that I have put on :wink:

As far as the diet pills go, I am absolutely against them. I don't think any reallly work. Alli tells you right in their commercial that you have to eat a low fat healthy diet to avoid the side effects. do you really need to have some anal leakage to do what you should be doing? We find out after many people, ok mostly women, have been using these "miracle" pills that there is always some horrible side effect they didn't discover until long term use was approved by the fda (and they don't have the best track record)

Eat right, exercise, get yourself healthy don't focus on the thin part. When you are healthy and feel great your perfect size 8 might feel great at 10 or 12 or 14 or you might find that once healthier and in shape 150 lbs isn't so bad!

Stay strong ladies! You have to develop eyes that only see what they want to in terms of commercial adds! :drinker: