1 Year MFP Anniversary (with Pictures)

Options
AggieCass09
AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
I just posted this on my blog (http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/AggieCass09/view/1-year-mfp-anniversary-88047) but I thought I should share with members other than just my friends...

One year ago today I joined MFP. After 365 days of learning how to eat healthy and of intense exercise, I am 31.6 lbs lighter.
This is what I looked like a year ago. (184.6 lbs, Size 12)
DSC02579-1-1.jpg

This is what I look like now. (153.0 lbs, Size 6)
2011-03-29093142.jpg

Here are the things that faciliated this progress:

1. Tracking everything I put into my mouth on MPF. Through this I realized how many empty calories I was eating, how outrageously large my portions were, and how much sodium I was consuming.

2. Becoming a vegetarian. I never really liked meat before, but in August of 2010, I eliminated all meat from my diary. Since I needed to get adequate protein to compensate, I added many more nutritious things to my diary like cottage cheese, beans, spinach, and protein power. Becoming a vegetarian has caused me to eat cleaner and organic when possible. I do not eat processed foods any more and try to get natural things when I do eat at restaurants. *You do not need to be a vegetarian to be healthy...just focus on eating grass-fed beef, free-range chicken, and foods that are as close to natural (i.e. from the ground to your mouth) as possible*

3. Bringing it during work outs. I have always "exercised" but it wasn't until this year that I learnd what a "hard" work out really is.In previous years, I would train for my January race from August till Jan then I would not run from Feb-July...not running means gaining back weight since I ate like I was still running. Now that I have sustained my training by signing up for a race each month, my running has increased trementoudly (i'm about 2 minutes per mile faster than I was last year) and my overall physique has improved. This is also do to supplementing running with P90X and Yoga. I work out 6 days a week with one two-a-day typically.

4. I don't have "cheat" days but I do eat foods I love. Every once in a while I'll have a margarita, a glass of wine, or a piece of cake, but it is all in moderation and within my daily calorie limits. I DO eat all my exercise calories back because with the level of performance I expect from my body, I need to give it the fuel it needs.

When i first joined MFP, my goal weight was 160 and I didn't even think that was possible. But at 153, I have no limits and I am very pleased with my progress to date. I still have another 13 lbs that I would like to lose so I will be focusing on that in the next several months.

Nothing is impossible, really!
1YearMFPProgress.jpg

Replies

• TheNewJessieMae
    Options
    So awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • dazzlepants
    Options
    Awesome! Way to go! Thanks for sharing your tips!
  • MKistler77
    Options
    Congrats! You look great! :)
  • lvrn09
    lvrn09 Posts: 13
    Options
    WOO HOOO!!!:smile:
  • Meganne1982
    Meganne1982 Posts: 451
    Options
    You look great- more importantly, in the after picture you look like you FEEL great! Congrats and good work! :)
  • musicgirl88
    musicgirl88 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    WOW, those are some great results!!! I can't wait to see results like that :)
  • ajhaberman
    ajhaberman Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Great Job!!! and thank you SO much for sharing!!
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    You look incredible! Great job!
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Wow you look really good.x
  • Capital_Q
    Capital_Q Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story ! Congratulations on your success!
  • westcoastSW
    westcoastSW Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    First, congrats to you on your progress! You look great and you sound like you're much healthier!

Second, you're inspiring me, as I have nearly all of your stats! 24 years old, 5'7, started at 181, working toward 140-ish. I've only been at it for about 6 months and so far I'm down 17 pounds, so not quite halfway. Thank you for showing that it CAN be done and that the end result looks fantastic!
  • bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Fabo! ;):drinker: (lots of water)
  • sunflowerlily
    Options
    Great job! I am having a difficult time right now and this is exactly what I needed to see. Keep up the good work!
  • angebean
    angebean Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I love that you tell it like it is and show it like it is! Congrats on your progress!

It's funny that you mention that you are vegan now because yesterday I checked my body fat % and wondered how much of that is due to eating meat and how much healthier or "clean" vegan eating is. This is a journey, for sure!
  • starryeyedwonder
    Options
    Congrats! You look great! What an inspiration! :)
  • dirtyblue
    dirtyblue Posts: 90
    Options
    Congratulations! You look marvelous!!!
  • HealthyWarrior
    HealthyWarrior Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!!
  • BobL436
    BobL436 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You're an inspiration! Keep it up!
  • Nmama
    Nmama Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    You look awesome
  • carrie145
    carrie145 Posts: 297
    Options
    You look amazing!! Congrats and happy anniversary!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!