What's wrong with REAL bacon?

Options
Hello... it's me. Your favorite pork loving heathen. (Ya that's right.)

I tried turkey bacon. It was nothing like real bacon. It looked like plastic and tasted worse. Everyone raves that turkey bacon is only 30 calories a piece... but so is real bacon?

Today I had 2x peices. 60 cal, 5g protien.

I fried up some shrooms, onions, spinach, eggs and toast in pan when I was done. Than I proceeded to have a super high-protien, high taste mouth gasm at the cost of a whopping 385 calories.

Why people diss real bacon? It seems divine to me.

Replies

• AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Just 28g's of protien and 16g's of fiber. I'm nutrient packed and stuffed and ready to rock a work-out.
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time keeping it lit!
  • jerzypeach
    jerzypeach Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong AT ALL with real bacon. You just have to figure out how to work it into your plan.......which sounds like exactly what you just did.

YAY YOU!!
  • fluffy831
    fluffy831 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Everything in moderation... I detest turkey bacon as well. During the week I do Canadian bacon and eggs and splurge with 'real' bacon from time to time.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I'm all about the real thing and just eating in moderation. I hate all the low cal, low fat foods out there and the tendency for some people to think they can just eat more. Eat the real thing, and you'll feel more satisfied. I'm all about real bacon!
  • gameovergt
    gameovergt Posts: 502
    Options
    nothing beats the smell of bacon!
  • jcreedy
    jcreedy Posts: 15
    Options
    As my husband would say - turkeys don't have bacon! They have to add so much crap into the turkey bacon to make it look like and barely taste like real bacon. I stick to the real stuff....just in moderation!
  • jtfish112
    jtfish112 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Yep... not a thing wrong with real bacon! As long as you can work it into your diet reasonably. Turkey bacon is Crap!

Although it may cause a problem if you're watching your sodium.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Everything is better wrapped in bacon!
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    Whats wrong with real bacon....hmmmm, its too damn tasty and i'd find it hard to stop at 2 rashers...thats what!

Seriously tho if I want something badly enough I will have it and work it in.
  • ATXJudie
    ATXJudie Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    mmmm....bacon....
  • OnionCookie
    OnionCookie Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. It reminds me of the smell of melted crayon. Nothing wrong with real bacon as long as you work it in. I would rather have less of something great than more of something that tastes crappy. I think maybe people's problem is with the fat content. I've never compared that so I'm not sure.
  • craftylatvian
    craftylatvian Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I love bacon, but it is a processed food. Indulge once in a while, don't feel bad about it. I don't consider any food "off limits" but I am learning to make better choices.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Ya, I tricked myself into Turkey bacon, until I actually took the time to READ the labels. Real bacon gives you 2 slices for 80 (that was the lowest I could find, so if you can tell me the brand that is 60 I would love that!)....so that's 40 cal per slice...Turkey Bacon...35 cal per slice....yaaaaaaa the extra 5 calories is TOTALLY worth it. haha
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Bacon,bacon, bacon!!! I love bacon! My breakfast was one slice chopped and crisped then I cooked the eggs and soy cheese for a scramble topped with avocado and salsa.......HAPPY HAPPY!!
  • FemininGuns
    FemininGuns Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I like real bacon... But, when I was introduced to Lillydale REAL turkey bacon (not the processed type) I fell in love with it. I wouldn't feel as crappy after eating the Lillydale Turkey Bacon - so now, I'm a turkey bacon kinda gal :) To each their own I guess :)
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    I actually hosted a bacon party a month ago.
    We bought a deep fryer, wrapped just about everything in bacon, and fried it up.

And, yes, that was my cheat day....even tho I barely went over my calories that day despite everything we made.

Wrap some poppers in bacon sometime. omg.
  • piccolarj
    piccolarj Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Real bacon is AWESOME!! I have it every morning!! I get the center cut Oscar Mayer bacon and you get 3 slices for 70 calories!! Also if you buy the Oscar Mayer ready to serve you get 4 slices for 70 calories!! Whoop whoop
  • Ashykins
    Ashykins Posts: 233
    Options
    Bacon makes me HAPPY!

Since, I do low carb and love it. I enjoy 2 slices almost every morning and it fits fine into my eatings.
    Turkey bacon doesn't HAVE NOTHING on REAL BACON!!!! MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!