Kicking *kitten* In Our Twenties - April Challenge!!

Options

Replies

• Yvalcaraz
    Yvalcaraz Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone!

I am really excited for the month of April and can’t wait to start on my goals I have set for myself this month. First, I wanted to update you on the small weight gain situation I was having last month and also wanted to thank everyone for their advice. Well the 4-5lbs I was putting back on quickly fell off and I have since lost a couple of extra pounds on top of that. I stepped on the scale this morning and it showed 188. WooHoo that is a total of 17lbs lost so far! ((Doing the happy dance)) I haven’t been in the 180's for I don’t know how long, so that is definitely a great way to start out my month. The last couple weeks of March I did make some changes to my diet and exercise which I have to thank the people here at MFP for. I did increase my calorie intake, took some measurements of myself and I also switched up my work out routine. I started working on things I have been avoiding such as crunches and running. With that being said I have listed my goals for the month below.

1. Finish the 30 Day Shred (I got this DVD and I have no clue why I am avoiding it so much.
    Enough is enough it will get done this month) BTW I got this idea from you Rachellynch83 -Thanks!

2. Run for 3 miles straight (I can run 1.5 now but I would love to double it)

3. Do 1000 crunches 3x week (I’ve been doing 500 but I think it has been more of a mental block keeping me from doing an extra 500 rather than a physical one)

4. Lose 8 lbs (This would be awesome. Love to be in the 170’s by May)

5. Attend weight lifting class at least 2x a week

smashlee1984-curb fastfood eating, complete ripped in 30 (6x/week for 4 weeks), make an effort to be thankful and happy and make healthy (fitness and lifestyle choices)
    wardiemelissa (Melissa)-continue to maintain weight between 120-125 lbs; exercise routine 5 days running, 2 days strength, 1 day rest (long run 10+miles on Sundays), continue to test out new recipes (including new fruits and veggies), and making more time for my family
    alwhisler-drink 64oz daily, lose 5 lbs, work out 3x/week, no beer.
    halina20-lose 5 lbs, finish insanity, stay away from jammy dodgers, run 30 mins straight, drink lots of water.
    kvr414-Lose 2 lbs, continue limiting fat intake to >45g/day. Increase a low carb/low GI lifestyle. stay committed to this thread!
    mkingraham (Megan)- Lose 7 lbs, strength train at least once a week (we're going to start easy), and run 3 times a week.
    springstorm: Lose 7 lbs, drink water 64 oz/day, exercise 3x/week, No binges, log everything, sacrifice soda.
    crystalfaith: workout at LEAST 4 days a week, continue progressing through the C25k challenge, drink more water!
    ngoat: (nancy) lose 3lbs, work out 3x/week and drink more water
    spellbinder25: (1)Lose 4 lbs, (2) Run 3 times/week, (3) Run 3 miles on the treadmill by the end of April, (4) Do strength training 3 times/week.
    shannonaufman: lose 6 pounds, walk 50 total miles, drink 64+ oz of water daily, continue C25K, run an entire 5K
    meagalayne- maintain between 125-128lbs; continue with YogaFit once a week; increase my H2O consumption to at least 6 cups a day; quit my job by May 1st; take time every day to feel happy and enjoy the journey!
    Rachellynch83: drink at least 64oz of water a day, keep up with c25k, finish 30 Day shred, increase outdoor family activities
    missjaygraham87 (Jay): Lose 7 lbs, do pilates 3x/week, walk the dog daily, start C25K, drink 7 glasses of water daily.
    edryer123-GW 138, and to get in a 10 minute mile by the end of the month.
    tjradd73-to lose 8lbs, drink 70ozs of water/day, 3 days/arms, 3 days/abs, >90minutes cardio/week.
    hroush-break 190, workout 3+ days a week.
    yvalcaraz-(Yolanda)-Complete 30 day shred, Run for 3 miles w/o stopping, 1000 crunches 3x week, Lose 8lbs, Weight lifting class 2x week
  • silhouetted25
    Options
    Would love to join into this months challenge.
    I've been working out for a few months now and have seen some changes, but really want to get into burning mode so here are the April goals:
    1. Go to the gym at least 4 times a week, but would like to hit 5 times 2. Cut out most white flour products/pastas/breads & eat mainly whole wheat or gluten free 4. Eat more grains and lentils 5. Go on a hike 6. Balance work and working out effectively

Thanks so much i'm so excited for this!!

smashlee1984-curb fastfood eating, complete ripped in 30 (6x/week for 4 weeks), make an effort to be thankful and happy and make healthy (fitness and lifestyle choices)
    wardiemelissa (Melissa)-continue to maintain weight between 120-125 lbs; exercise routine 5 days running, 2 days strength, 1 day rest (long run 10+miles on Sundays), continue to test out new recipes (including new fruits and veggies), and making more time for my family
    halina20-lose 5 lbs, finish insanity, stay away from jammy dodgers, run 30 mins straight, drink lots of water.
    kvr414-Lose 2 lbs, continue limiting fat intake to >45g/day. Increase a low carb/low GI lifestyle. stay committed to this thread!
    mkingraham (Megan)- Lose 7 lbs, strength train at least once a week (we're going to start easy), and run 3 times a week.
    springstorm: Lose 7 lbs, drink water 64 oz/day, exercise 3x/week, No binges, log everything, sacrifice soda.
    crystalfaith: workout at LEAST 4 days a week, continue progressing through the C25k challenge, drink more water!
    spellbinder25: (1)Lose 4 lbs, (2) Run 3 times/week, (3) Run 3 miles on the treadmill by the end of April, (4) Do strength training 3 times/week.
    shannonaufman: lose 6 pounds, walk 50 total miles, drink 64+ oz of water daily, continue C25K, run an entire 5K
    meagalayne- maintain between 125-128lbs; continue with YogaFit once a week; increase my H2O consumption to at least 6 cups a day; quit my job by May 1st; take time every day to feel happy and enjoy the journey!
    Rachellynch83: drink at least 64oz of water a day, keep up with c25k, finish 30 Day shred, increase outdoor family activities
    missjaygraham87 (Jay): Lose 7 lbs, do pilates 3x/week, walk the dog daily, start C25K, drink 7 glasses of water daily.
    tjradd73-to lose 8lbs, drink 70ozs of water/day, 3 days/arms, 3 days/abs, >90minutes cardio/week.
    yvalcaraz-(Yolanda)-Complete 30 day shred, Run for 3 miles w/o stopping, 1000 crunches 3x week, Lose 8lbs, Weight lifting class 2x week
    silhouetted25 (Samantha) -1. Go to the gym at least 4 times a week, but would like to hit 5 times 2. Cut out most white flour products/pastas/breads & eat mainly whole wheat or gluten free 4. Eat more grains and lentils 5. Go on a hike 6. Balance work and working out effectively
  • terrilien21
    Options
    Let's do this!!!

terrilien21 - Drink at least 5 glasses of water a day, get in at least 4 workouts a week, have one cheat day a week (saturday), no beer, stay positive!!

silhouetted25 (Samantha) -1. Go to the gym at least 4 times a week, but would like to hit 5 times 2. Cut out most white flour products/pastas/breads & eat mainly whole wheat or gluten free 4. Eat more grains and lentils 5. Go on a hike 6. Balance work and working out effectively
    terrilien21 - Drink at least 5 glasses of water a day, get in at least 4 workouts a week, have one cheat day a week (saturday), no beer, stay positive!!
  • fitmommy2012
    fitmommy2012 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Hi! I would love to join this weight loss group and put in my goals for April! :) I currently weigh 148 and I have been working out off and on for a little over a year now. I have really just gotten serious about eating right and exercising each day this past week. I am 20 years old (21 in May) and I am married and I have a 2 year old son.

#1 goal - Lose at least 6 pounds by May!!!
    #2 goal - Workout every day with my P90x DVDs
    #3 goal - Drink at least 6 cups of water each day
    #4 goal - Learn to be happy with myself no matter what I weigh or look like
    #5 goal - Stay motivated and don't get lazy, even when I feel like just sitting around and doing nothing
  • mkingraham
    mkingraham Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    adding in fitmommy2012

fitmommy2012- lose 6 lbs, P90x everyday, at least 6 cups of water a day, be happy with self, stay motivated
  • Sambloid
    Sambloid Posts: 12
    Options
    I would like to lose 10 lbs and be able to do 50 push ups

fitmommy2012- lose 6 lbs, P90x everyday, at least 6 cups of water a day, be happy with self, stay motivated
    Sambloid - Lose 10 lbs and be able to do 50 push ups
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Thanks Megan - Beat me to the punch, girlie! :laugh:

Welcome to all the newbs :flowerforyou: This thread is an amazing source of motivation and inspiration and I really hope you all get as much from it as I do!

Sam - Duuuude push-ups were my NSGs for so many months... How are you tackling the 50 push-up challenge? Do you want to be able to do 50 straight, and if so, what sort of training are you doing? I did the www.hundredpushups.com challenge for quite a while and saw a good amount of success, but the last 3 weeks or so just increase the # of reps much, much too quickly, I found. It's impossible to stay motivated. I also did 2 months of http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/3-full-body-workouts-for-cutting-body-fat.htm 3X/week and it kicked my *kitten* (and gave me some sweet looking shoulder/back/arm muscles)... Just wondering what you've got in store!

So nice to see all the vets returning too! Keep it coming, guys! :bigsmile:
  • Sambloid
    Sambloid Posts: 12
    Options
    Thanks Megan - Beat me to the punch, girlie! :laugh:

Welcome to all the newbs :flowerforyou: This thread is an amazing source of motivation and inspiration and I really hope you all get as much from it as I do!

Sam - Duuuude push-ups were my NSGs for so many months... How are you tackling the 50 push-up challenge? Do you want to be able to do 50 straight, and if so, what sort of training are you doing? I did the www.hundredpushups.com challenge for quite a while and saw a good amount of success, but the last 3 weeks or so just increase the # of reps much, much too quickly, I found. It's impossible to stay motivated. I also did 2 months of http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/3-full-body-workouts-for-cutting-body-fat.htm 3X/week and it kicked my *kitten* (and gave me some sweet looking shoulder/back/arm muscles)... Just wondering what you've got in store!

So nice to see all the vets returning too! Keep it coming, guys! :bigsmile:

I am a week into the www.hundredpushups.com challenge. Hopefully I can keep it up!
  • meagalayne
    Options
    best of luck! keep us posted on your results :bigsmile: maybe I'll join in again for kicks...
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    Make strength training workouts more of a priority (30 min 2x/wk minimum); Eat 1 fruit and 3 different vegetables everyday; Try 3 new recipes (do not have to be “perfect” just delicious)

Hey guys, I’m FINALLY back- at least doing my March wrap up and setting my April goals. Wrap up: So strength workouts for March
    Wk 1 3
    Wk 2 2
    Wk 3 2
    Wk 4 3
    This wk 3

So not perfect, but much better than previously. And in the last two weeks (now that we’ve settled from Tom’s move) I’ve really been able to give my 100% to those workouts. Recipes have also gone well- OSG’s VOO, green beans and almonds, and coconut chicken (which I will be re-making tomorrow for dinner!). The fruits and veggies are harder to do a rundown on- but rest assured, I held my own. And it’s not official yet, but it looks like I’ve lost roughly 4 lbs for March, so not too shabby!

So onto April:
    I’m kind of excited- first day into April and I’ve already SMOKED my mile time (though the last time I ran a timed mile was in the Fall, so I’ve come pretty far). Anyway, 9:24 was my last time, new PR set tonight, 8:13! I’m REALLY stoked by this speed- I’ve been doing speed work and the other night I even ran a middle distance at around a 10 min mile pace. For the girl who was typically loathe to do laps around the field…well it’s just a great feeling. For April, I think I have a handle on how the weight is working for me so I’m going to go for 3lbs, and the rest of my goal I’m going to focus on running (my long term goal is to run my 10k race in June in under an hour—eeep!)

Sam- Good luck on the pushups! I kept getting stuck/bored around week 3, so definitely try your best to stick with it!!!

Here’s the list, I think it has everyone. I put it in quotes so it will stand out a bit:
    Meggonkgonk- To reach 137lbs, to run my 10k course at least 1x, Run my 4m run at 9:30
    [\quote]
  • allie7383
    allie7383 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    hey all! i know i posted on the March thread, but i'll do it again quickly here, and add my April goals..

Well, March was rather disappointing for me as well.. I needed about 4 pounds to get into the 140's, but again am still stuck between 152-151. I guess any loss is good, but of course i would've liked to have seen 149.5 on the scale today rather than 152..
    i know i was totally self-sabotaging however, and that entire roll of thin mints didn't help either!

on the plus side, i ran a couple times, and was getting frustrated that i couldn't make it through more than 2 miles straight, whereas a couple months ago i had built up to 4.. wth! so the last time i actually checked my HRM to see how long it took for me to do 2 miles, and i was very pleased to see that i got my mile down to about 10:20!! and did my fastest at 10:10, while probably sounding like a dying giraffe haha!

i also think it's time to change up the exercise, as i wasn't really able to get back into the TurboFire schedule, and while i can feel that i've come a long way with it, and will still love it, i think i need to give it a break... thus enter ChaLean Extreme! can't wait for it to arrive! i'm in desparate need of building muscle mass.... so on to the goals:

Meggonkgonk- To reach 137lbs, to run my 10k course at least 1x, Run my 4m run at 9:30
    Allie7383- start and stick with ChaLean Extreme, bust out of the 150's, continue to work on my running, cook more often, and stop making excuses!
  • stuartme123
    stuartme123 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Still on break - but bump! for now :smile:
    Soooo relieved that March is over!
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    Hey! I know I posted last night, but today is my official weigh in (so yea, I proly should have waited for today, but what evs I will post twice in 2 days, to start making up for my miserable non-attendance in March :wink: )

But at my OFFICIAL weigh in today, I was 139.6! Down .8 from last week, but more importantly, an official weight in the 130's. I'm SO happy with this! I think April is gonna be a KICK month and I am ready to ROCK the hell out of it!

Happy April Everyone!
  • finncmh
    finncmh Posts: 290
    Options
    Back at a computer today- bumping for later when I can put in my goals and everything. Glad to see everyone kicking it so hard already this month!
  • meagalayne
    Options
    I think that Gonks is right - April is going to ROCK! I cannot wait to see all our progress :bigsmile:

Happy to see you all coming back. Lovely to have you back with us :flowerforyou:

This weekend is going to be a rough one. Yesterday I had trouble avoiding ice cream before noon, but I managed to salvage the day and had a long shift at work. My foot is feeling profoundly aggravated these days and I am struggling to so much as walk on it. Sleep is still an issue as well since I seem to have a million things to do and very little time - Barely got 5 hours last night and then up again this AM to devour some breakfast before Tyler gets here and we head out apartment hunting for him for the day - FUN! Trying harder to get my water in but yesterday was a major FAIL. I really need to make a more conscious effort to just down it. It's hard at work because I'm so busy and rarely get a chance to use the washroom (yea, I know, TMI but I don't get breaks :ohwell: ...) but I can feel myself dehydrating so I know it's bad news. I'll do better today!

Anyway I hope you folks are kicking it this morning. Saturday weather here is going to be awesome and I hope it is where you are too - If so, get outside and get moving :drinker: Loves! :heart:
  • mkingraham
    mkingraham Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Good Morning fellow *kitten* Kickers! The plan for today- go enjoy some delicious fresh and local breakfast at a diner, go to some HOA meeting to help spruce up the neighborhood, attempt to clean the disaster otherwise known as my home, then do a marathon session at the gym. I am trying to decided between some running intervals and going for the three miles again, then I want to do some weights, and partake in Jillian Michaels 6 week 6 pack. I really need to strengthen my core for this metro dash race I am doing in July. I rested yesteday because my right hamstring felt really tight and sore from doing so much in such a short time frame and I didn't want to do something when it felt weak which would lead to an injury and not being able to do anything for a while. So with some stretching and heat later on I think that all should be well. Had a nice NSV this morning. Doing my monthly measurements and even though I didn't lose much weight in March I lost an inch off my hips and an inch off my waist! super pumped about this. I have the sizing charts to one of my all time favorite stores posted that way I have motivation outside of my weight to look forward to. I am getting close to fitting into their pants again :). Any ways, just wanted to say good morning and that my first weekend in April is looking to do some serious *kitten* kicking!!!!!

Megan
  • finncmh
    finncmh Posts: 290
    Options
    March Goals: see a loss on the scale, continue lifting 2-4 times a week, run 1-2 times a week, walk to work at least 2 times a week, play outdoors more, keep eating clean! Be supportive of new people on here giving honest opinions and input.

Results: Fluctuated back and forth within a few lbs with the weight so did not see a loss at all this month. As I shared with the March group I really burned out on the working out. So unfortunately I did not do nearly as much lifting as I wanted to. But I did run 1-2 times a week. Walked to work at least 2 times a week (1.5 miles each way). Got to spend more time outdoors with this nice weather. Did really well with the eating. Kind of went MIA from the thread with comments.

April Goals: See a loss on the scale, get back in to a weekly lifting routine. Continue with 5k training (running 2-3 times a week). Complete first 5k on April 17th. Walk to work at least 3 times a week. Have more of a presence on here than I did in March.
    Allie7383- start and stick with ChaLean Extreme, bust out of the 150's, continue to work on my running, cook more often, and stop making excuses!
    Finncmh- loss on scale, get back to lifting, run 2-3 times a week, complete 5k April 17th, walk to work at least 3 times a week, better presence on thread than March
  • Lizzybugz
    Lizzybugz Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I definitely need some motivation. I quit myfitnesspal and within a month I had gained back 5 lbs to the 2-3 lbs I had lost. So now I have a lot to make up for.

Any recommendations! And add me as a friend! =P

Lizzy

lizzymaez - eat healthier/watching calories, start riding 2-3 times a week, cardio/running at least 3 times a week, and yoga at least twice a week.
    Finncmh- loss on scale, get back to lifting, run 2-3 times a week, complete 5k April 17th, walk to work at least 3 times a week, better presence on thread than March
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all of the newbies in the group!!

Gonks-that is a fantastic time for your mile...the last time that I remember running at that pace was 8th grade!! And congrats on getting into the 130's!!

Allie-I think everyone had a hard month in March...I dunno what happened, but seems that you have some great goals for April! And I will keep my fingers crossed that you break out of the 150's!!

Meag-the water situation was a tough habit for me to pick up, but I will tell you the few things that I have done to get in between 9-10 cups/day. I bought a huge water bottle that carries 8 cups, I bring it to work with me and drink a lot of it in the car, and you could try to drink 1 cup before your meal, 1 cup during your meal, and 1 cup after your meal. Also, if its the "blah" factor...crystal light makes some great flavors these days! I know none of this will help with the peeing issue (LOL) but hopefully it will help otherwise :)

Megan-congrats on your NSV, that is great!! Keep up the good work girlie!!

AFM-so far so good....doing great with the WO's and eating so far and had a huge scale victory today (even though it's not official until my WI Wednesday), I weighed 139.2lbs!!! I have no idea when the last time was that I weighed in the 130's but I am guessing sometime in juniour high, super stoked for this milestone :)
  • wardiemelissa
    wardiemelissa Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday everyone :love:

I had my 1/2 Marathon today...and am SO proud of myself!!! I finished 13.51 miles (not sure why it was over) in 2:08. This put me at a 9.31 min. mile!!! I was shooting for 10 minute miles so I'll take it! :flowerforyou: I finished 78/189 in my age group. 350/913 overall female. 1005/1836 overall :drinker:

I got to share this experience with my Mom, my husband, and my 2 girls cheering me on and most importantly I ran in memory of my Dad...the amount of encouragement and support I received from complete strangers while running was so touching and motivating. It is so nice to see a running community be supportive of each other :heart:

Once I finished my race I got to rest for about 1/2 hour and then ran with my 5yr old in her race. She logged 25 miles outside of the race and then finished the last 1.2 miles at the race. Once she finished she earned an actual marathon medal. I was SO proud of her. She actually took off on me a few times and just ran!!!! The smile on her face when she crossed the finish line is one I will cherish FOREVER!!!!

This is a day that I will NEVER forget :heart:

Have a wonderful night everyone!!! I'm curling up on the couch with my girls and mom and watching Tangled (again) and eating ice cream :tongue:

Melissa:heart: