Options

Replies

• jen051279
    jen051279 Posts: 44
    Options
    Today: 30 minute free run with weights
    I also did about 45 minutes of Wii games

Total running time: 180 minutes

I'm I'm shooting for one more hour this week because then my piggy bank will upgrade.

Where is everyone? I want to see that jogging. Let's finish the week strong.
  • scgma
    scgma Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Some fun challenge ideas....
    1. total calorie burn...we join together and see if we can hit some unreal number - 6 of us burned 10,000 calories one week!!
    2. Hoops...this is real fun for all us old girls that laugh all the way thru the Super Hoops!!
    3. snow ball fight..this has to be added to another workout but it is fun esp on the advance setting !!!!

:)
    Wii like workout ...hehehehe
    Sonya
  • scgma
    Options
    What is our challenge this week ????
    I have added Biggest Loser Power walk DVD..it is not jogging but you did open my eyes to the calorie burn !!!
  • scgma
    Options
    WHERE IS EVERYONE????? What happened?? The sun came out and everyone went into hiding hehehehehehehe!!!!
  • angelzoya519
    Options
    Just was wondering what this week's challenge was. I'm hoping to be able to start on it right away even though I am sick.
  • jen051279
    Options
    Ok I know the person running this group was having some things she was dealing with so I want to take initiative for this week and say let's do step serobics. I don't know when and if this has been done but there are some new people that need this. i'm sorry if I'm stepping on anyone's toes but I also want to get started.

So everyone try for 1 hour of step aerobics. That can be an hour a day or an hour a week depending on your goals. Thanks.
  • MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    This challenge starts on Monday, April 4, 2011:

+=+=+=+=+ GROUP CALORIE CHALLENGE +=+=+=+=+

I really, really like scgma's idea of a group calorie total challenge for the week. We could do this one once a month or so, free-for-all activity-wise, Wii or other activities. Let's see... she says that 6 of them burned 10,000 calories in a single week. That would be approximately 1,667 apiece, for 6 members. Sooooo... Not sure how many would be participating, but let's throw a target number out here... let's start with 10,000 calories total, as a group. If we end up with more people than 6 or end up blowing those 10,000 outta the water, we can set our bar a little higher next calorie burn challenge. What do ya say??

Please report back with your total number of calories burned, either daily or at the end of the week (on Sunday), and I'll keep a tally going for us.

Best wishes!! :)
  • scgma
    Options
    AWESOME !!!
    So we are Stepping !!! I love it....I am going to do the Parade tooo!!
    Today I have already done:
    Walk with pups 20 min, Powerwalk 25 min and my Wii Active 25 minutes..for a total of 295 cals burned!!!!!!!
    Your challenged!!!...I am heading back to my wii..I am going to get a little in before work!!!
    AND we are doing a total Burn...which will be soooo easy with the Exercise Log !!! Are we counting all calories burned or just Wii calories???
  • scgma
    Options
    Ok I know the person running this group was having some things she was dealing with so I want to take initiative for this week and say let's do step serobics. I don't know when and if this has been done but there are some new people that need this. i'm sorry if I'm stepping on anyone's toes but I also want to get started.

So everyone try for 1 hour of step aerobics. That can be an hour a day or an hour a week depending on your goals. Thanks.
    :flowerforyou: If I read this site right..we are all in this together!! If it helps us get moving and lose weight..please step on my toes!!!
    I am up for stepping!!! I dont like the free step as much as the programs so I will also add my parade ! I am with you !!!
  • scgma
    Options
    Just was wondering what this week's challenge was. I'm hoping to be able to start on it right away even though I am sick.
    :flowerforyou: Hope you feel better !!!
  • MaryTheIceCube
    Options

No need to apologize. Thank you! I was just a little slow on the uptake this week. I think we can do both challenges simultaneously, no problems at all. Thanks again. :)
  • MaryTheIceCube
    Options
    AWESOME !!!
    So we are Stepping !!! I love it....I am going to do the Parade tooo!!
    Today I have already done:
    Walk with pups 20 min, Powerwalk 25 min and my Wii Active 25 minutes..for a total of 295 cals burned!!!!!!!
    Your challenged!!!...I am heading back to my wii..I am going to get a little in before work!!!
    AND we are doing a total Burn...which will be soooo easy with the Exercise Log !!! Are we counting all calories burned or just Wii calories???

Let's go with ALL calories burned, including the ones from the stepping challenge. ;)
  • sleepy184
    sleepy184 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    14 Mins for me today - 10 min Advance step and 4 min rytham parade.
  • cindyre20
    Options
    love wii fit step! and the idea of a group total calorie burn : )

4/04/11: 10 min Wii step burned 42 calories, 1 hr at the gym with my personal trainer burned 466 calories
    TOTAL FOR THE DAY: 508!!!
  • sherrillg
    sherrillg Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Wii Free Step - 30 mins
    Wii Free Run - 30 mins (new personal best score...YES!!)

Keep up the good work!
  • scgma
    Options
    Todays workout - 411 calories
    Wii step -30 minutes
    Wii active - 30 day challenge- workout 9/20
    Wii active dance- 15 minutes
    biggest loser powerwalk - day 3 - 1 mile ( lots of jogging- Bob kicked it up a notch!!!)
    Resistance bands 15 minutes- bicep, laterals and shoulder
  • jen051279
    Options
    Yesterday: joggin in place and walking 4.0 miles an hour: 361 calories
    Today 50 minutes of step: 185 calories

Calories so far: 546
    50 minutes steppping
  • luvmykid28
    luvmykid28 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I would like to join the fun. I got a wii fit plus for Christmas and haven't even tried it out, yet. I am going in the living room right now to give it a shot. I also have Dance 2 and Zumba. I will let ya'll know how I do.
  • luvmykid28
    luvmykid28 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Ok so for my 1st day:

4/5/11 Wed: Free Step for 20 minutes=70 calories
    Super Hula 3 minutes= 9 calories
    Wii Fit Run 3 minutes-14 calories
    Total 93 calories
  • scgma
    Options
    Wooo Hoo..Today was awesome...391 calories !!!
    Walk - 20 minutes with my pup trainers!!hehehe
    Powerwalk day 4 !! 1mile
    Wii Active- day 10 on 30 day challenge
    Wii Fit Plus - RhymParade 2xs advance and FreeRun