5'3" to 5'4" and 100-110 pounds

Options
im looking for some motivation from girls with similar goal weight as me!!! i have a handful of friends in my list who are looking at similar goals but need more to inspire me!!

if i can see other people doing it, it will encourage me to lose more and stop eating junk!!

add me as a friend :)

Replies

• adellepuppy
    adellepuppy Posts: 130
    Options
    That is well within a normal weight range for you and you can definitely do it! I'm 5 feet even and got up to 133. I aimed for 105 which was my old normal weight. Then moved the goal to 100 even. I got there about a month ago. After that I got sick for a while and dropped to 95 and I feel fine and really like how I look at this weight. You can absolutely pull this off. And now that I know you have that specific goal, I'll be in your corner cheering you on. =)
  • cem789
    cem789 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    thankyoooou - you know the silver dress in my pics,,,, its too small with the weight i put on the past month, i look awful in it now! i will do this!!!
  • etroupe
    etroupe Posts: 54
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and currently weigh 136lbs my goal was to get to 135 but now I want to get to 130. I am a small frame as well but to be under 120 is not my goal. 107lbs is still within the normal weigh range for our height. Good luck on your journey there are ppl who are doing it here successfully :)
  • LDL15
    LDL15 Posts: 12
    Options
    I'm 5'2", currently weigh 123 lbs, my goal right now is to get down to 115lbs but ultimately I want to get back to 100-110 too. So I could also use the motivation, thanks :)
  • Akayen
    Akayen Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and I started at 129 lbs about 4 weeks ago. Currently at 119 lbs. Keep at it and persevere. My goal weight has always been 100 lbs but I've never managed to get below 108 lbs. This time things will change.
  • elsll
    elsll Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Wow, I'm also 5' even, and currently weigh the most I ever have! I started on here 2 days ago because I couldn't for the life of me figure out why the weight wasn't budging this time. I had my fourth child at 38 years old, and she'll be two this August. With my first three, I was where I wanted to be by now. This time though I've sort of gotten "stuck" and all my old tricks aren't working. I naturally crave mostly healthy food, and eat well, except for special occasions or events. I do snack occasionally on little "treats" such as a peppermint or hershey's kiss, but really don't junk out. Turns out, I'm still eating too many calories! I hear all the time how if you don't eat enough your metabolism won't work. People kept telling me "you aren't eating enough". Turns out I was/am - probably too much actually - but at my age I have to add the exercise! I always walked or ran in the past, but with four kids I have a hard time fitting it in, so I was hoping to drop some weight dieting first, then finish my goals out with exercise. Oh well. But the great thing is, my calorie allowance is so low that I NEED this site to tell me when I'm getting close, because a normal breakfast for my husband is over HALF my daily allowance! Another plus is that it inspires me to get moving because I know I can have a treat or a beer if I get some exercise in! I weigh 135 and for now, my goal is only a 10 pound loss, because it's easier to keep it in sight. I may change it as I reach it if I don't like the way I look when I get there - I weighed only 105-110 less than five years ago, but my body has changed so much that I would very sickly I think at that weight now. I have a medium/athletic build and don't want my face getting too gaunt. Ideally, I would love to weigh 115, but will work on it a little at a time!

It's hard for me to get support because some of my friends weigh much more than me or are taller/bigger than me - they've said "yeah right, I'm trying to GET where you are"! It makes me feel guilty for complaining when I know I'm not super obese or anything. That's also one reason I didn't take action before now. But my heart doctor told me that I was severely out of shape and technically overweight. I need to do this! I don't know how to add a friend on here, but could give the motivation as much as I need it myself!
  • ykondo
    ykondo Posts: 38
    Options
    i'm 5'3" and i currently weigh 129 pounds. my ultimate goal is to get to 110 but for now, i am aiming for 116.
  • Achoooo
    Achoooo Posts: 130
    Options
    I'm 5'0" myself. Not sure I can get that low - I'd like 118. I have a very large chest, no matter what and a round booty so I don't think I will ever be under 115 really, but that's fine by me. If I could even get back down to 120, as long as I have a low body fat percentage then that makes me happy - I used to be 105 but I was still a bit fatty.... so I'm hoping just to get a good BMI as well and I'll just see where the scale lies. 110 sounds good though!
  • amberaz
    amberaz Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'3" and 113. I would like to get down below 110, too. I am wanting to put on some muscle, too, so I don't know if I will get there.
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Hey love, I'm 5' 2 and a half. When I started MFP close to 4 weeks ago, I was 120-121. I weighed in at the beginning of this week at 114. My first goal was 115 and then I was going for 110.

I have a very small frame and I've been down to 108 but I wasn't lifting weights so I looked gross, skinny fat.

I've been doing P90X for over a year now and I've got some nice muscle. I know I can still get down to 110 with my muscle with how much I eat. I take in about 2000 cals a day if not more and am still losing =] I'll see how I feel and look at 110 and then re-evaluate and see if I want to go to 105, which is the lowest I would go.
  • tellybelle
    tellybelle Posts: 144
    Options
    Hi! I would love to be motivated by others in a similar position as myself! I am down to 110 from 127-130 and am trying to get to 105 but am having a tough time getting the last 5 off. Hope we can encourage one another!

Here are a few questions we can all answer to see what everyone is doing:
    What is your calorie intakes for the day?
    What are you doing for exercise?

I was staying between 1000-1200 per day with a few days of going over especially on a social weekend, etc.. After reading a lot on here about "starvation Mode" I am trying to eat at least 1250 per day

I was doing spin classes 3 days a week and other cardio such as insanity and cardio coach workouts on the treadmill on the other 2 days. I recently had a surgical procedure so I haven't been able to work out in 3 weeks but started back today with the 30 day shred. It wasn't really that hard but a good starting point for me to ease back into working out. And I still managed to burn about 300 cals. I also did P90X ab ripper tonight and burned another 80 :)
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Hi! I would love to be motivated by others in a similar position as myself! I am down to 110 from 127-130 and am trying to get to 105 but am having a tough time getting the last 5 off. Hope we can encourage one another!

I was staying between 1000-1200 per day with a few days of going over especially on a social weekend, etc.. After reading a lot on here about "starvation Mode" I am trying to eat at least 1250 per day

I was doing spin classes 3 days a week and other cardio such as insanity and cardio coach workouts on the treadmill on the other 2 days. I recently had a surgical procedure so I haven't been able to work out in 3 weeks but started back today with the 30 day shred. It wasn't really that hard but a good starting point for me to ease back into working out. And I still managed to burn about 300 cals. I also did P90X ab ripper tonight and burned another 80 :)

I take in anywhere between 1900 to over 2000 calories a day, my NET is 1250, I just changed my goals to 1/2 a pound a week so now my goal is 1290. I do extra cardio though. MFP has me at a goal of a little over 1500 calories burnt for the week, I burn about 4500 because I add in cardio on my weight days. This is my last week of P90X + =( and next week will be a recovery week before starting round three of Classic P90X. I calculated and next week I should burn about 5000+ calories.

You really need to take in more in order to lose, not only safely but so you aren't losing muscle.

Feed the muscle so it can eat the fat =]
  • sunnycam
    sunnycam Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hi There! I am 5'0" and recently lost 15 lbs. I was originally 118.5 lbs and got down to around 103 lbs in Feb on the HCG diet. The diet consisted of about 4 weeks of a very low calorie diet. It took me about 8 weeks from the start of the diet to get here, including 3 weeks of slowly adding back food to get to a normal daily caloric intake amount for my height.

It was the only way for me to lose the weight after years of not getting past 110 lbs. It was pretty hard work to get here and so now I am so determined to keep it off! I've been holding pretty steady for the past 6 weeks, but definitely have to be diligent about it every day.

Being petite and maintaining/trying to lose weight is definitely a challenge because we have less calories per day to work with.

Support has always been hard because people look at you and already see you as a petite person that doesn't seem to need to lose weight to begin with. So, I just want to encourage you and let you know I can relate!

I also do Pilates with a trainer twice a week and that has really helped with muscle definition.

Best of luck! You can totally do it and it is so worth the effort! :)
  • Stewie316
    Stewie316 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just wanted to wish you good luck. It can be so much harder losing weight being so petite. I'm 5'1 and started at 128 pounds. I'm now 112 lbs and my first goal is 110. I've lost the majority of my weight (11 pounds) in the last 5 weeks. I've just been staying at a calorie limit of 800-1200/day, with one day of up to 2000 calories and not exercising (when I exercise the weight just comes off so slow). I still feel like I could lose some more weight, so I'm going to shoot for 105. I'm about to start the P90x Monday, so my weight lose will probably stall for a bit.
  • cem789
    cem789 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    i totally agree with how hard it is for us to lose weight.

our bmr is only about 1200/1300 which means if we are having a rest day we should only really eat around 1000 to lose weight!

i went running with a friend a few weeks ago, on the same run, he burned 700 and i burned 360.

weight loss for us is so difficult.

i once got to 100, very unhealthy the way i did it though. less than 500 cals

i managed to get to 106, the healthy way. 1200 + exercise

back up to about 114 after a tough month but i can lose it again - i can and i will!!

(my heaviest ever was 129)- heaviest last year was 124 in summer
  • chelsealjames
    chelsealjames Posts: 92 Member
    Options

I take in anywhere between 1900 to over 2000 calories a day, my NET is 1250, I just changed my goals to 1/2 a pound a week so now my goal is 1290. I do extra cardio though. MFP has me at a goal of a little over 1500 calories burnt for the week, I burn about 4500 because I add in cardio on my weight days. This is my last week of P90X + =( and next week will be a recovery week before starting round three of Classic P90X. I calculated and next week I should burn about 5000+ calories.

You really need to take in more in order to lose, not only safely but so you aren't losing muscle.

Feed the muscle so it can eat the fat =]

thanks for sharing this ladies!!! i'm 5'3 124 lbs and am shooting for 110. i've been trying to lose it now for a year, and nothing has worked. someone told me i wasn't eating enough calories, even though i was exercising and eating healthy. so i've decided to increase my calories and see how that goes! MFP has me set at 1240 net calories a day, losing 1/2 lb per week. i really, really hope its going to work!
  • healthyandthin
    healthyandthin Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and my GW is 110 and then 105. Currently I've been plateauing. =(
  • 3aBadkids
    3aBadkids Posts: 78
    Options
    Hello...

I'm 5'1" and GW is 100-105. When I started P90X in January I weighed 112lbs. The scale didn't budge until my 60th day of working out 5-6days/wk and eating my 1200calories. I now weigh 109lbs. It's very hard to lose the last pounds and is very frustrating. I don't want to do it the wrong way/unhealthy way so I'm trying to be patient. I also added 45mins-1hr of running (now that it's getting warmer out). I'm almost done with my first round of P90X mid April. I will be starting another round of P90X with Turbo Fire right after.

Feel free to add me as a friend. :smile:
  • heathally
    heathally Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Look, More short people!! Okay, so I don't really fit into this group. My goal weight is more like many of your starting weights since I have a rather large muscular frame. I'm 5'2" and the most I've ever weighed was this fall at 177. I lost some weight through the fall and then gained some back over Christmas so I started my MFP journey at 170. Down 8 pounds in 8 weeks! My goal weight right now is 132. If I can get there, I'll see if I need to get any smaller. Good luck all of you, and keep up the good work. Even if you don't lose those last 5 pounds, remember, it's about living a healthy lifestyle. Be active and eat healthy and you'll look and feel great!!
  • JujiBean
    JujiBean Posts: 187
    Options
    I would love to connect with some other small people. I'm 5'3" and have never really been much over 135, except when pregnant, of course. I'm 129.8 right now and my goal weight is 110.
    I used to be 110 / 112 and it was perfect for me.
    I'm tired of well-meaning people telling me that I shouldn't be under 130 because of my age, but I don't agree. I think that's a cop out! After all, I haven't gotten any taller over the years!
    Feel free to friend me!