Replies

• estepteau
    estepteau Posts: 146
    Options
    I completed day 5 today!
  • Niaind
    Niaind Posts: 17
    Options
    The Shred is ACE! of all the exercises I'm doing at the moment, none of them make me feel like I have TRUELY worked out... If I havent done the Shred one day, I just dont feel like I've burned anything!!! (apart from running)

What time of the day are you planning on doing it? Are you having rest days?

@Schninie82. I was going to try to do the workouts in the afternoon, after lunch and before dinner, hopefully. Might have to do it after dinner but at least 3 hours prior to bed. As far as rest days go, I've heard both ways that I should take breaks and that I should do it 30 days straight without breaks. I don't know which way to try. I think that I'm going to try it for a week straight and see how I feel. If I'm dying after day 5, I might have to add in some breaks.
  • jules0516
    jules0516 Posts: 158
    Options
    I'm on Level 2..I'm hoping it will help me as I can already see improvements in stamina. I hadn't done jumping jacks since high school. I had some problems on my first few days, but now 11 days into it I don't really have a problem keeping up. I would recommend to anyone who asked me.:bigsmile:

If its difficult hang in there- the first few days this was me ->:sad:
  • shalynna89
    shalynna89 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I just finished it!! Its tough at first but keep with it! The results are so worth it. I lost 16 pounds and 19.35 inches in the 30 days of doing it!! I posted pictures on here a few days ago if you want to look at them the link is http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/204797-30-day-shred-before-after-pictures-can-you-see-a-differe I was in a group that started it in March and it helped so much having people go through it with you. If you want you can add me, if you have any questions or anything! I am doing her new Ripped in 30 starting in the next few days, its not the same workout but I know Jillian will try to kill me again with this one too! Good Luck with it, and just try your hardest to stick with it because you will see results wether its on the scale, inches, or just in your clothing alone.
  • shannonpatton
    shannonpatton Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I started it yesterday! I would love to add new friends!
  • Pawsntails
    Pawsntails Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I started it today, hated it while doing it, tried my hardest but 2hrs later I'm not feeling sore so that's hopefully a good sign (and yes I put the effort in, I just seem to have recovered quickly thankfully)
  • schninie82
    schninie82 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    The Shred is ACE! of all the exercises I'm doing at the moment, none of them make me feel like I have TRUELY worked out... If I havent done the Shred one day, I just dont feel like I've burned anything!!! (apart from running)

What time of the day are you planning on doing it? Are you having rest days?

@Schninie82. I was going to try to do the workouts in the afternoon, after lunch and before dinner, hopefully. Might have to do it after dinner but at least 3 hours prior to bed. As far as rest days go, I've heard both ways that I should take breaks and that I should do it 30 days straight without breaks. I don't know which way to try. I think that I'm going to try it for a week straight and see how I feel. If I'm dying after day 5, I might have to add in some breaks.

Well if you can stick to doing something for 30 days solid then I'd say go for it... take before and after pics ane get ur tape measure out!! I miss a few days of doing the shred because I have her yoga DVD, her Abs DVD, I go running and I have a cross trainer so I like to mix things up so I dont get bored doing one thing all the time... But definatley yeah...If ur on a mission, then by all means Go for it!!! Listen to every thing Jillian says, she's gonna work ya so be prepared to 'be shredded'!!!!
  • McFatterton
    McFatterton Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Finished L1D2 today. I could definitely feel it in my abs and upper arms this morning, but I worked through it! The first set is my least favorite, once I get through that it's smooth sailing!
  • chnkydnknmomma
    Options
    You guys are great...I tried the 30-day shred and didn't care much for it, but I'm really not a fan of Jillian Michaels' style. I have been thinking about giving it another shot, as a supplement to the gym-work I've been doing. Maybe I'll start tomorrow...lol
  • csmith1289
    Options
    I am beginning this workout tomorrow...I've done it in the past for a few days and then stopped bc of being so sore...My goal is to do it everyday this month starting tomorrow though:)
  • rileydi
    rileydi Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    How do you join a challenge group? I am starting the 30 day shred tomorrow and I know I will be 2 days behing you...but I would love to be apart of a group for motivation!!
  • sheilamo
    sheilamo Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I have ordered it and awaiting it's delivery from UPS or someone :)

The anticipation is making me nervous hearing everyone talk about it !

We shall see.

and I wait...

hurry up Amazon.
  • Niaind
    Niaind Posts: 17
    Options
    How do you join a challenge group? I am starting the 30 day shred tomorrow and I know I will be 2 days behing you...but I would love to be apart of a group for motivation!!

@Rileydi I'm not sure how to join a challenge group on here but if you're looking for a motivational buddy feel free to add me. :) I'm on day 3 of the 30 Day Shred.
  • Pawsntails
    Pawsntails Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Just did day 3 today, just wandering if anyone has noticied a difference yet? I'm finding somethings slightly easier but hating the side lunge things with the weights!
  • chelvid
    chelvid Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I just completed D7L1 and I am finding it alot easier than the start and not getting sore afterward anymore either. Im still not great at push ups (although I am getting better) and the bicycle sit ups are a killer for me too. Im not a fan of the 1st circuit either. I am sort of looking forward to moving to L2 in a few days.

However in my weigh in yesterday I had stayed the same (abit disappointed)

Happy Shredding everyone

xx