Any tips on drinking more water?

Options
2»

Replies

• missmiller1
    missmiller1 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I make a point to drink a least two glasses of water before I head out for work in the morning. It gives me more energy and a jump on my water intake for the day. A slice of lemon helps too.
  • Nigel99
    Nigel99 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I keep several water bottles chilled at all times in the fridge (32 oz). I'll throw them in the freezer here and there to get them in a semi-frozen state. They stay icy cold that way until I finish off the bottle. I will take two to work, and drink another one or two before and after work. Throughout the day I will end up sipping on the water like I would with soda once upon a time, and then I'm drinking even more with my meals. I'm pretty consistently at 100 oz or more every day without a problem.
  • luciaruth
    Options
    i got a camelbak water bottle with a gummy tip. i suck on that think all day without even thinking about it. im usually surprised when it starts making slurping empty noises. best purchase ever.
  • chrisc31
    chrisc31 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I love the Mio Sweet Tea water enhancer. I can't just drink plain water, but when I flavor it up with sugar free good tasting stuff, I have no problem getting it in. I've found myself regularly getting 10-14 cups a day this way.
  • remembernomore
    Options
    For me the colder the better. And if I get a small bottle then it doesn't help. There is a gas station by me that has a HUGE bottle that is 4.5 8oz servings and I usually do 2 or 3 of those a day. I rotate them at work and keep them half frozen.
    I also mix a 20oz in the morning with the Walmart brand of water mix. They have all different ones and some are energy waters and are great kick in the butt in the morning or for a workout.

Not to mention it is good for the skin!
  • lukimakamai
    lukimakamai Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I do many of the same things others have posted. I carry around a 32 ounce water container and make sure I drink at least two in a day. When I'm struggling I add some lemon to the water so it is flavored.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    I never go anywhere without water. At work I just keep refilling my 16.9oz bottle all day long. I have it right next to my keyboard and I just drink it constantly and refill it as soon as it's empty.

At home I have a water cooler and do the same thing. The water bottle stays next to me at all times and I refill it as soon as it's empty. The hubby'll even recognize when it's empty and grab it to refill it for me if the cat is asleep on me or I'm in the middle of something.

If I'm leaving the house to run errands, I never leave without at least three 16.9oz bottles of water filled and ready to go. Today I drank through all three bottles I'd brought, bought a new bottle of water while I was at Costco and refilled it from the water dispenser on the soda machine before I left and finished it before I got to the restaurant I was meeting folks at for lunch.

I typically drink between 20-26 cups of water per day, and that's pretty much 9am-11pm on weekdays and probably about 12pm-11pm on weekends cuz I sleep in.

And I don't flavor it in anyway or add any random stuff to it. Just straight, regular water. I'd already given up soda years ago, don't like tea enough to drink more than a few times a year, hate coffee, can't stand the horrid, sticky, aftertaste of artificial sweeteners, and had already slowed my fruit juice drinking before MFP due to the sugar levels (though I never really drank a lot of fruit juice to begin with either), so drinking water isn't really anything new/unusual to me, or something I have to really work hard to do.
  • MinxMooMoo
    Options
    Hi
    I buy the half litre bottles 500ml and I know I need to drink 4 of them a day ! It seems to work ,

Good luck
  • sandyw127
    sandyw127 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    what i do is use walmarts version of crystal light and i suck it down.or i make fresh brewed green tea with no sugar. and i suck that down theres days i just cant drink just water.
  • nissafull
    nissafull Posts: 48
    Options
    I have a 56 oz. container at work and put a lipton tea on the go packet. It is just enough to add a little flavor. I usually drink two. I go by the advice of Michael Thurmond six week makeover.... drink .5 oz per lbs of body wt. Lipton on the go citrus... my fav.
  • crystaldougherty
    crystaldougherty Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    If you can't stomach the plain jane taste of water, I suggest getting those Crystal Light singles packets(Their only 5 calories and jazz the water taste)
  • chattygirl2
    chattygirl2 Posts: 103
    Options
    I like using the Drink Water app for my phone. You can set how many glasses of water you want to drink and how often you want it to remind you to drink. http://www.androlib.com/android.application.nl-asplink-free-drinkwater-qzEzC.aspx

Just had to say.. Il love your profile pic!!! I love that little giraffe!!
  • chattygirl2
    chattygirl2 Posts: 103
    Options
    I like using the Drink Water app for my phone. You can set how many glasses of water you want to drink and how often you want it to remind you to drink. http://www.androlib.com/android.application.nl-asplink-free-drinkwater-qzEzC.aspx

I thought you would get a kick outta this!! http://www.petitelapgiraffe.com/
    hahahah
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I agree with Everyone! Keep it Handy! I like mine cold so I keep it iced, and I have a cup from when I had my son (those lovely hospital in-patient cups I had one when I worked t a hospital but my mom stole it lol) 32ozs measure ounce by ounce on the side, I also know I use straw cups best too (yeah Ill admit Im weird!) but when it has a straw in it I drink it mindlessly because I dont need to flip a top, pop a top, or unscrew a cap.

Water flavorers are amazing. I cant wait to try the Mio one honestly! If you truly get a water flavorer/enhancer you arent adding enough calories to throw off your diet. Healthier then drinking juice all day!
  • 100poundstogo
    100poundstogo Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I drink 8-10 cups of water each day..I have a 24 oz container I sit on my desk at work..Sometimes I squeeze some fresh lemon into the water and sometimes once its very cold I have no problem..I dont like ice cube in my water but I wil put the container in the freezer and let the water get real cold.. At one point during the day I will either add the crystal light or the sugar free Hawaiian punch to my water..You can find the Hawaiian punch at Walmart . $1 per box..even the Walmart brand is great, lots of new and different flavors..When I am at the gym I usually take a 16 oz bottle of water with me and its gone at the end of my hour workout.:drinker: