5'3" to 5'4" and 100-110 pounds

Options

Replies

• 323felicity
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and about 107. While it would be nice to see 100 again (which is what I weighed prior to getting pregnant) its more important to me to lose some inches. I'm literally the definition of 'skinny-fat' at the moment and some muscle building is definitely in order. I have like, zero muscle tone, lol. Anyhow, feel free to add me.

HW: 113
    CW: 107
    1st GW: 105
    2nd GW (maybe): 100
  • tellybelle
    tellybelle Posts: 144
    Options
    I have already posted in this thread but wanted to say hi to the others that have jumped in and hope everyone stays positive and supports each other for a Healthy Weight loss! I am soooooo thankful that I found MFP and have learned so much in the past week about adding the strength training in and eating more calories. I was definitely going about it the wrong way for the last few months. Hoping my body responds well to the new changes! Thanks again for everyone's support and information!

SW: (July 2010) 127-130
    CW: 110
    GW: (doing it eating more and with strength training) 105
  • quetzalcoatl
    Options
    I'm five foot. I would love to have some people within my stats range to see how hard/easy it is to get to certain weight scores.
  • quetzalcoatl
    Options
    I'm 5'4.5" my goal is to be 120!! I eat 900-1000MAX workout 90mins 6-7days a week so far I'm doing well

You are losing precious muscle mass with all that intense exercise. You need to fuel that exercise and 900-1000 isn't going to do it. You are screwing with your health and your metabolism.

Are you a doctor?
  • MaKisMom
    MaKisMom Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm just under 5'3, and currently at 118lbs. My goal right now is 112, which is what my pre-pregnancy weight was a year ago (I had my 3rd baby in Dec). I am able to easily maintain 112 once I go back to work (I have a year of mat leave). When I had my 2nd baby I was able to get down to about 104, but that was a little too small. 108 is about ideal for me with my frame.

Right now I'm wearing US size 3's, but I desperately miss my 1/2's. Really, that is my big goal right now. I'm still breastfeeding, so my boobs are bigger than they normally would be, so I'm allowing an extra 5lbs for that.
  • cocobeenie
    Options
    Im a little bigger than most of you at 5'5 and about 124lbs. My highest was 140 and I'm trying to get down to 115.

What is the most important to me is how I look in camera. After starting MFP I've learned that strength training, not cardio, is the way to go for small girls like us. I enjoy cardio so much more though so this a bit of a struggle for me. Not much though. There are people overcoming much bigger obstacles here. :)

We all have different goals and reasons for our goals. We should be supportive and positive, not disparaging. Lets have fun losing weight together and learn and teach eachother along the way!
  • CTK3989
    CTK3989 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and my goal weight is 110lbs. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • cutmd
    cutmd Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    No offense, but I don't understand why people who don't even round up or down to 5'3-5'4 keep responding. It makes it harder for me to find those with similar stats, which was the whole point of the thread...
  • melusinagr
    melusinagr Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and would love to get to at least 110 pounds, but my husband thinks I'm crazy. I had to promise him I'd reassess at 130lbs (I'm around 160 now) and think about my final goals, because he doesn't even think I can get to 130. Nice to see so many people my height who have gotten past that and as small as I want to be. =)
  • ashleyb1031
    ashleyb1031 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hey! I am 5'4 and 122. I was at 160 (my highest ). My goal is 115 but right now i am more focused on getting lean than losing more weight .
  • Lwoodslim
    Lwoodslim Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 as well. My goal weight is 130 lbs. Ive been bigger and more muscular most of my life. Growing up my weight was set around 150 and I always wished to be thinner. I know I have a very solid frame and don't want to lose too much definition. I would like to lose some fat to slim down and look toned. My goal weight is a little higher, but we have similar goals in the end, and will know whats best for our bodies. Good luck and keep on movin'!
  • mamabearr
    mamabearr Posts: 304
    Options
    I'm 5'3. My goal as of right now is between 115 and 120. My pre-pregnancy weight was 117, and I still had a little belly pudge then, but I don't know if it's just from not toning when I was that small. If I'm not satisfied with how I look when I reach that goal, I'll probably lower it to 110. Anything below that I think would be a little too skinny for me.
  • arwensb
    arwensb Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    It's hard for me to get support because some of my friends weigh much more than me or are taller/bigger than me - they've said "yeah right, I'm trying to GET where you are"! It makes me feel guilty for complaining when I know I'm not super obese or anything.
    This happens to me as well. Which is so frustrating because I know that I am overweight and just because I am not obese doesn't mean I shouldn't do anything about it or be proud when I do!
    I am 5'4" and currently weigh 136. My goal is 125, which is the goal my doctor set for me at age 15 - a goal I have never reached (and I am 36 now). Who knows, maybe when I get to 125 I will want to keep going, but I think 125 is a healthy goal for me and will look great for my build. I am combining the weight loss with strength training to tone and tighten things up and add strength - can't wait to start seeing results there! The 11.5 pounds I have lost so far have already prompted a massive clearing out of things that were too large from the closet - talk about motivation!
  • afcparker
    afcparker Posts: 33
    Options
    Im a little bigger than most of you at 5'5 and about 124lbs. My highest was 140 and I'm trying to get down to 115.

What is the most important to me is how I look in camera. After starting MFP I've learned that strength training, not cardio, is the way to go for small girls like us. I enjoy cardio so much more though so this a bit of a struggle for me. Not much though. There are people overcoming much bigger obstacles here. :)

We all have different goals and reasons for our goals. We should be supportive and positive, not disparaging. Lets have fun losing weight together and learn and teach eachother along the way!

Thanks for saying that.
    It does seem like people are getting a bit edgy.

I'm 5'3 and bigger than pretty much everyone here, so far. --188! Highest-- 200! :grumble:
    I'm a size 14. But my 12's are starting to fit so that's really nice.
    I think it's a little crazy that I'm the same size as some of you guys that weigh nearly 50 pounds less than I do.
    I guess it's all about body type and clothing type.

My goal weight is 140. I'm hispanic and curvy. I don't want to loose my shape or my breasts so I think once I reach my goal weight I'm just going to focus on being fit.

My husband married me at 180 and he liked how I looked. I don't even remember the last time I was 140 but I'm excited to get there and see what I look like. I don't care that much about the number I just want to feel healthy and energized. I want to feel comfortable in my clothes and my skin.

I couldn't even imagine what I'd look like at 110. I don't think I'd look very good....doesn't suit my body shape or structure. But all you little ladies look great!!

Keep up the awesome work everyone!

Happy and Healthy! :smile:
  • chelsealjames
    chelsealjames Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    So has anyone in this thread been losing weight? I've been going strong for weeks and still not 1 lb has dropped! :(
  • CrimsonWife
    Options
    I'm tired of well-meaning people telling me that I shouldn't be under 130 because of my age, but I don't agree. I think that's a cop out! After all, I haven't gotten any taller over the years!

That's such B.S.! My mom is in her late 50's and 5' 3.5". She's maintained at 105-108 lbs. for basically her entire adult life. My grandma was 5' 8" and 120-125 lbs. until her 70's when arthritis in her knees curtailed her activity level.
  • cem789
    cem789 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    So has anyone in this thread been losing weight? I've been going strong for weeks and still not 1 lb has dropped! :(

hellloooo , nice to see lots of new faces! almost a month since i started this thread.

i think i have been successful this month, went from 113/114 and today i am 108 :)
  • kendallheather
    kendallheather Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    i am 5'4" well i started out at 185lbs and now down 135lbs and i would really like to be down to 108lbs but everyone tells me that is way to skinny. I dont know for sure sense i never been that small
  • elsll
    elsll Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Well, I lost MAYBE 2 lbs since I posted...but I haven't been doing all I can either...

I was reading some of the comments since my last post, and it's true, we shouldn't judge people for their goal weight because each of us carries our weight differently. For instance, I read earlier that someone was a size 10 at a weight of around 130 (if I'm remembering correctly) and I am a size 8 at 135. So for some of us "shorties" a lower weight will be more realistic than others. I am mostly interested in reducing my size, because I can tell that I have a "pudgy" appearance when I see a picture of myself, and also I am just out of shape overall. PLUS, I have so many clothes from pre-pregnancy that I would LOVE to return to! I still have to wear a few of my maternity tops/bottoms and the "baby" will be 2 in August! I have, of course, bought some clothes I can feel good in, but am really hoping not to completely replace my wardrobe.

I was 105 about 5 years ago, but I now know realistically that that is going to be too skinny for me now, as age and babies have a way of "redistributing" the way you carry your weight. So I have a starting goal of a 10 pound loss, but to be honest, if I get to a clothing size I feel good in before then, then I will just try to maintain OR if I still need to lose more, then that's what I'll plan.

We all need to support each other because our health and size goals will still be different, regardless of similar heights! One thing always keep in the back of my mind though is something Courtney Cox said: "When you get older, you have to decide between your a** and your face." Meaning, if your rearend gets really skinny, your face will become more gaunt. A middle aged woman often DOES look a little better with a few additional pounds. But hey, if I were in my 20's, I'd probably go for a 20 or more pound loss too!!!
  • cutmd
    cutmd Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options

hellloooo , nice to see lots of new faces! almost a month since i started this thread.

i think i have been successful this month, went from 113/114 and today i am 108 :)

Congrats on your progress! How have you been doing it? (exercise, net cals, etc?). Thanks