Unconditional Support Group - April

Options

Replies

• Temporalia
    Temporalia Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!! Lunch is packed with good stuff, already did my C25K this morning, going to the gym for cardio and weight training tonight.

Week plan in terms of exercice so I can hold myself accountable:

M: C25K (30 min), weight training (30 min), cardio (probably walking, 20 min) and then walk the dog after dinner (20 minutes).
    T: Walk in the morning with the dog (30 min), yoga (1 hour at lunch, offered for free at work), walk the dog after dinner (20 minutes)
    W: C25K (30 min), have something on wednesday evening....will walk 20 minutes to meet bf there.
    T: Walk 3 times (with dog am, at lunch with work group (one hour) and with dog pm)
    F: C25K (30 min), weight training (30 min), cardio (probably walking, 20 min) and then walk the dog after dinner (20 minutes).
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    Good morning ladies!! Lunch is packed with good stuff, already did my C25K this morning, going to the gym for cardio and weight training tonight.

M: C25K (30 min), weight training (30 min), cardio (probably walking, 20 min) and then walk the dog after dinner (20 minutes).
    T: Walk in the morning with the dog (30 min), yoga (1 hour at lunch, offered for free at work), walk the dog after dinner (20 minutes)
    W: C25K (30 min), have something on wednesday evening....will walk 20 minutes to meet bf there.
    T: Walk 3 times (with dog am, at lunch with work group (one hour) and with dog pm)
    F: C25K (30 min), weight training (30 min), cardio (probably walking, 20 min) and then walk the dog after dinner (20 minutes).

The plan looks great!! Nice to have yoga for free at work ... they offer it here but it costs big bucks. What kind of dog do you have?
  • smithkin
    smithkin Posts: 4
    Options
    I would like to join this group as well. I started out doing very well and the past week I have kind of slipped up. But, it's a new day a new week and I'm ready to push myself and work hard. I need motivation and support which is the reason for joining this group. April here I come time to loose weight!

5686175.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • profjan6
    profjan6 Posts: 333
    Options
    Happy Monday Everyone! I have been pretty good the past bunch of days, so I feel good about that. I seem to have my "hungry" times and I try to work through them with doing something other than eating. When I am in a rush it is bad because then I grab whatever is nearby and that usually is not a carrot! Working on that bad habit. I hope you are all having a great start to the week!
  • Temporalia
    Options

The plan looks great!! Nice to have yoga for free at work ... they offer it here but it costs big bucks. What kind of dog do you have?

Thanks!!

I have a Boston Terrier, but live in an apartment, so he needs the walk or else he chases the cats. He's a big boston, 30 pounds and muscular.
  • smithkin
    Options
    If you are still hungry try drinking more water during the day. I have found if I drink the 8 glasses of water a day that is recommended then I don't feel as hungry. For on the go snacks try healthy granola bars, yogurt, or fruit.
  • magglett
    Options

Thanks!!

I have a Boston Terrier, but live in an apartment, so he needs the walk or else he chases the cats. He's a big boston, 30 pounds and muscular.

Awe ... check out the profile picture ... is that your baby? How so very cute!!!!
  • supermom4abcd
    supermom4abcd Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I too would love some support. I have 4 kiddos ranging from high school to kindergarten so I usually spend around 4 hours in the car a day driving them places. With the BIG 4-0 coming up in a couple of years, I don't want to spend any more time wishing I was comfortable in my own skin. It's time to take charge and show everyone who's boss.
  • hotcheeto2005
    hotcheeto2005 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    yay to the new month! i admit i had two days last week where i ate way more than i was supposed to. but im back in action! been sticking to the for the past 4 days. lost 80 lbs since 2009 and pushing to loose my last 20. would love to add more friends to my friends list on here. anyone feel free to add me, we will keep eachother motivated! :)
  • irishbelle345
    Options
    so ready to start a new month.. but even better a new week. it seems easier if broken down. my goal this week is to drink more water. and add more spices to my food.. break out of my normal "italian seasoning" good luck everyone... one day at a time will achieve GREAT rewards
  • racergirl1991
    racergirl1991 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I agree...new month and new attitude! I was just skating by (ya know losing 5 pounds and then gaining 4 back) and then I went and got the wonderful upper resperatory stuff that was going around, so Im back and have a whole new outlook. That being im sick of being sick and tired! I can wait to be a part of this group and even though Im really busy with work during the day I promise to check in at least every other night.

I can wait for it to get warm so I can take my nightly walks again, I miss them in the winter! My goal this week is to get to the gym at least 4 times and to drink more water.
  • magglett
    Options
    I'm so happy to see all this activity happening on this thread. It's great to see all the new people and great to have us oldies sticking with it. I love the support here. Keep it up and keep it going.

Today was a little emotional for me. I hurt someone's feeling unintentionally and I'm such a suck that it will take me a while to get over it. She totally turned my words around and made a major mountain out of a mole hill. I know it wasn't my fault but I think our friendship won't recover. I just can't trust it and that sucks. Anyway, I didn't overeat or anything to deal with it so I'm way proud of that :smile: Overeating isn't going to make me feel any better so there really is no point right?

On the recommendation of my chiropractor I went out tonight and bought myself a pair of crocs to wear around the house ... they are so funny looking ... but surprisingly comfortable. He said they're great foot support. I got purple ones and a couple of silly decorations just for fun. I am a geek and I'm okay with that ... they're only for around the house anyway. :laugh:

Sweet dreams everyone ... I'm off to do a load of laundry, some dishes, and then off to bed. I'm pooped.

childrens_footwear_kids_crocs_cayman_shoes_sandals_purple.png
  • trimformecmb
    trimformecmb Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy to see all this activity happening on this thread. It's great to see all the new people and great to have us oldies sticking with it. I love the support here. Keep it up and keep it going.

Today was a little emotional for me. I hurt someone's feeling unintentionally and I'm such a suck that it will take me a while to get over it. She totally turned my words around and made a major mountain out of a mole hill. I know it wasn't my fault but I think our friendship won't recover. I just can't trust it and that sucks. Anyway, I didn't overeat or anything to deal with it so I'm way proud of that :smile: Overeating isn't going to make me feel any better so there really is no point right?

On the recommendation of my chiropractor I went out tonight and bought myself a pair of crocs to wear around the house ... they are so funny looking ... but surprisingly comfortable. He said they're great foot support. I got purple ones and a couple of silly decorations just for fun. I am a geek and I'm okay with that ... they're only for around the house anyway. :laugh:

Sweet dreams everyone ... I'm off to do a load of laundry, some dishes, and then off to bed. I'm pooped.

• Temporalia
    Options

Thanks!!

Awe ... check out the profile picture ... is that your baby? How so very cute!!!!

Yes it is my baby :) he's so expressive, even when you feel sad, he just needs to look at you with his "you never know how my face will be" face lol
  • datenshi
    datenshi Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Maglett I am so sorry to hear about the misunderstanding you had with your friend. I will send positive thoughts and energy your way and hope that things work out and she realizes you would never do something hurtful on purpose since you are one of the nicest people I know. (((((HUGS))))) :flowerforyou:

~ Datenshi ~
  • Temporalia
    Options
    Did my workouts yesterday as planned, ate well overall, not perfect but getting there. So far today, i've walked 30 minutes with my dog, I have yoga at lunch.
  • ladeb
    ladeb Posts: 304 Member
    Options

I have the exact same pair!!! Love them!
  • smithkin
    Options
    Yesterday and today were good days, I only burned 14 calories today from my excerise. I just don't always have the time, but at least I got a little bit of time today and tomorrow I will just have to make sure I get my full work out in. My two boys keep me busy and on my toes. I ate really well both days though so I'm happy for that.
  • lisajc1984
    Options
    Good morning everyone...
    It is so sunny this morning in Kent. I would love to go out for a walk in it by my 4 year old is still ill. We've been stuck in all this week so far... but at least the sun makes me smile
  • Temporalia
    Options
    Ran day 2 of week 2 of C2K with Dexter this morning. It is sunny outside, I saw the sun coming up :) No more workouts for today, tonight is date night, we have a free pass to go see Arthur in advanced screening.

Food is ok, could be better, but I haven't overeat in the last 3 days so far, so good.