Chocolate fix needed!

Options
So I am wondering what are some people's favorite ways to get their chocolate fix without going over on calories?

Replies

• earock
    earock Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Nutella...awesome!!!
  • iamnox
    iamnox Posts: 39
    Options
    I have been eating those think thin bars. They have low to no sugar and get the craving for me. A lot calories sadly.
  • CCSunlight
    CCSunlight Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    it sounds weird, but i'm usually pretty good with one square of dark chocolate. i love hershey's dark chocolate bliss (i know, it's weird to like cheap chocolate over expensive chocolate). and if you're looking for something like little debbie's, hostess has 100 calorie packs!
  • becomingsara
    Options
    BAH...double post...
  • becomingsara
    Options
    dove dark chocolates - portioned well.
    Any of the good dark chocolate of 55% - it is strong stuff, has great antioxidants and curbs mine just fine! :0)
  • misrical
    misrical Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Jello fat free pudding cups 60 cals and no fat they have Dark chocolate, Double Chocolate, ect and they taste just like the regular ones.
    I use them for my chocolate fix all the time.
  • LaDiablesse
    LaDiablesse Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I buy the giant dark chocolate Hershey bars & eat 2 blocks when I have the want. Also, most nights I'll eat a Skinny Cow ice cream sandwich to get that fix too.
  • jgoff3003
    jgoff3003 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I have a mini milky way only 55 cals...and a full size one has 110,
  • RobertaG
    RobertaG Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Deep chocolate vitatops. They're pretty hard to find in stores, but are gaining popularity. They are delicious and totally satisfy a chocolate craving!
  • WWW1979
    WWW1979 Posts: 5
    Options
    I enjoy chocolate chips...that usually does the trick. Eat them slowly- make one or two tablespoons enough for your craving.
  • Kimbie500
    Kimbie500 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Paying complete attention to one square of Lindt 85% or 90% chocolate usually does it for me, if what I really want is chocolate.

53 calories.
  • dcberg00
    dcberg00 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's Belgian Dark Chocolate.:happy:
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Any of the good dark chocolate of 55% - it is strong stuff, has great antioxidants and curbs mine just fine! :0)

Ditto - Dove dark chocolate promises - let it melt slowly on top of your tongue - heaven. (small squares of hersheys dark chocolate bar work, just not quite the same richness).
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Deep chocolate vitatops. They're pretty hard to find in stores, but are gaining popularity. They are delicious and totally satisfy a chocolate craving!

I was going to suggest the same thing! Delicious! Only 100 calories and have protein and fiber in them too! SOOOOO good! I eat them frozen right out of the freezer, but they are good heated in the microwave too!
  • gentlebreeze2
    gentlebreeze2 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Chocolate mini wheats or chocolate cheerios... I wasn't always getting enough iron and many cereals are fortified. So I get my iron and my chocolate fix. lol
  • Want2BRunner
    Want2BRunner Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Sugar Free Chocolate Mousse To DIE For!!!
    Submitted by Eric on Sun, 2006-03-12 17:46

* Recipes

The thing that seems to scare potential low carb dieters the most is giving up chocolate. But you don't have to! Try this!

- 1 package (4-serving size) chocolate sugar-free instant pudding mix
    - 1 package (about 10 ounces) soft tofu
    - 1 heaping tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
    - 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon instant coffee crystals (more if you like mocha)
    - 8 to 12 ounces heavy whipping cream, chilled

Using an electric mixer, beat first four ingredients until very smooth. In a separate bowl, whip the cream until just about stiff. Turn the mixer to the lowest setting, blend in the pudding/tofu mixture, and TURN OFF THE MIXER! If you overbeat, you'll get chocolate butter!

I like this with the smaller amount of cream, for a sturdier texture, but I know folks who like it with the larger amount, for a fluffier texture. Your choice! Try it with vanilla pudding and a half-teaspoon of extra vanilla, too!
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options

Ditto - Dove dark chocolate promises - let it melt slowly on top of your tongue - heaven. (small squares of hersheys dark chocolate bar work, just not quite the same richness).

Forgot to add, you can make a great high protein dessert with low fat ricotta cheese, hersheys dark cocoa powder and splenda (cocoa and splenda to taste).
  • Setof2Keys
    Setof2Keys Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Nutella...awesome!!!

NO NUTELLA!!! tons of cal and addicting to eat. LOL

I do the smart ones deserts. They smartly packaged them in 2 packs (instead of 10 packs) and they are really good...
  • dailyorange
    dailyorange Posts: 128
    Options
    I like to use Peanut Butter & Co.'s Dark Chocolate dream with bananas. So delicious.
  • Postergirl82
    Options
    Wow, so many great ideas. Guess I will have to go to the store and stockup! I love chocolate and have really been missing it. Thanks for the ideas!!!