More filling breafasts!!!

Options
I eat breakfast everyday between 8 & 9 in the am. By the time 11 rolls around I feel like I am starving!! I usually dont go to lunch until 1230 and i find myself heading straight for the snacks offered in my office. I need something to eat that will fill me up in the morning that wont go over my 300 calorie breakfast limit!! Any Ideas???

Replies

• Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    I eat breakfast everyday between 8 & 9 in the am. By the time 11 rolls around I feel like I am starving!! I usually dont go to lunch until 1230 and i find myself heading straight for the snacks offered in my office. I need something to eat that will fill me up in the morning that wont go over my 300 calorie breakfast limit!! Any Ideas???

ME TOO!
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    are you missing protein in your meal?
  • cmmull67
    cmmull67 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    2 whole eggs, scrambled, with 1/4cup shredded cheese, some chopped spinach, onions, and mushrooms. It'll be around 280 cals, with a good bit of fiber and protein to keep you feeling full until lunch.

Another option is 1 serving of oatmeal, with 1/2 cup of blueberries, and an 8 oz glass of skim milk; 280 cals, again with fiber and protein to keep you satisfied longer.
  • morefitmom
    morefitmom Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Veggie omelettes do it for me...
  • seobstar
    seobstar Posts: 169
    Options
    well, first of all...I am always hungry about 2-3 hours after I eat, which is normal for me. I eat every 3 hours-ish. So, that's not that weird really. But, Ideas: protein (eggs, cheese, etc). I usually eat a mini whole wheat bagel, one egg, cheese, turkey bacon, or whole wheat waffles with peanut butter, something like that.
  • fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    cant see what you are eating for breakfast now, dont know how to help!
  • LaDiablesse
    LaDiablesse Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    What are you eating for breakfast now?
  • BrickHouse2011
    BrickHouse2011 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    oatmeal...
  • brendansmom1
    brendansmom1 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    you should bring a light snack to eat around 11.

I always plan 2 snacks per day. It is better to fuel your body every few hours....

My snacks...I generally pick from fruit, yogurt, a bar of some sort, beef jerky, nuts...whatever I have the "room" for in my calories for the day.

Just a thought!!

If you are not a "snack" person, then try eating something with more protein in the morning to keep you fuller longer, and drink LOTS of water!!
  • orange_avocado
    Options
    Eggs and protein! Skip carbs, they digest to sugar and leave you feeling hungry in an hour. I usually eat 2 eggs (boiled, scrambled, friend, omelet...) with some bacon or ham and am full til 12.

If that doesn't work and you're hungry at 10, try eating healthy snacks, like an apple or some almonds!
  • chloeobe
    chloeobe Posts: 72
    Options
    Have some Bran Flakes with skimmed milk, then mid morning have half a grapefruit. The grapefruit kickstarts you metabolism and takes sooo long to eat you get bored of eating :D
  • johnthefatman
    Options
    Porridge - I make mine with 50g jumbo oats water cinnamon and blueberries (frozen) comes in under 250 and lasts me from 7 till 12:30 easily. Oats are low GI which means they keep you feeling full longer and don't mess with your blood sugar like most other breakfast cereals
  • iDreamNEON
    iDreamNEON Posts: 112
    Options
    I like oatmeal personally. Omelets also do the trick but I'm an on the go eater so oatmeal is more convenient for me.
  • maysflower
    maysflower Posts: 180
    Options
    I don't think the solution is a more filling breakfast, but a morning snack would be a better option. I usually have a banana, or some sort of fruit mid-morning to get me through until lunch time. Eating more often but smaller portions is actually better than eating 3 large meals a day. It will keep your metabolism running at high speed all day. Hope this was helpful :)
  • bobbydunham
    Options
    A saml snack like string cheese 60 calories and protein or celery with laughing cow cheeses at 1030 will make it to lunch
  • JennDoesKeto
    JennDoesKeto Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    oatmeal with 1/2 water suggested to cook it and 1 egg white. cook in the microwave normal time it comes out like custard. keeps you fuller longer.
  • kate_newlifestyle
    Options
    I like to eat old fashioned oatmeal 1/2 cup+ cottage cheese ( I watch my sodium so I usually eat friendship no salt added) or 1/2 cup Greek yogurt plain non fat.
  • Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    1 or 2 eggs for me, some babybel cheese and a banana and cutie, is what I generally have when I have to go into the schools and work. It gets me through to lunch, being a sub I never know if I'm going in, what time, or what time lunch is. So eating breakfast at 7 am, and having the eggs really holds me over. I use to get so hungry till I realized eggs would do the trick for me. I was so afraid to have whole eggs before, but now I see how beneficial they are.

No time for snack when working with kids.
  • seobstar
    seobstar Posts: 169
    Options
    I don't think the solution is a more filling breakfast, but a morning snack would be a better option. I usually have a banana, or some sort of fruit mid-morning to get me through until lunch time. Eating more often but smaller portions is actually better than eating 3 large meals a day. It will keep your metabolism running at high speed all day. Hope this was helpful :)

Totally agree. This is kind of what I was trying to say too. It's not weird AT ALL that you're hungry before 12:30 when you're eating breakfast at 8am. That's actually a good thing and you should be adding a mid-morning snack in there, around 10.
  • monicanicoletta
    monicanicoletta Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Some of my favorite low-cal,low-fat under 300/350 breakfast ideas are:

healthy version of bagel w/lox & cream cheese- use thomas bagel things, wedge of laughing cow cheese & smoked salmon. Low cal & good protein!

protein shakes (very filling!)- scoop of chocolate protein powder *i use pure protein*, banana & coconut milk.

jimmy dean dlight turkey sausage croissant- 290 calories and great source of fiber & protein!

green shake : kale, spinage, frozen pinaepple chunks, slices of pear & coconut milk.

cereals i like: chocoalte cheerios, special k & kashi go lean