Weirdest weight loss comment?

Options

Replies

• timragan
    timragan Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I think the weirdest thing for me is that I saw one of my clients recently who I've not seen since before I lost 138 lbs. No one acted like they noticed any difference. No one said a word. Its simply not possible to miss it. Seven pant sizes, 5 shirts sizes. No one notices. It really weird.

Others assume I got a Lap Band or Gastric Bypass. Neither is true.

Just a lot less food and lots more exercise.
  • fatgottago
    fatgottago Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I agree, I only got comments when I lost 40 pounds the first time, people would say things like, did you get a new hair cut, or they just could not tell what was different!!!! I loved the comments my husbands friends would say like you better watch out cause she is losing weight :happy: I loved it because no one has every said things like that to me, then I gained it all back :grumble: but having this little talk has made me crave it again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • christelpistol
    christelpistol Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    my boyfriend hugged me the other day and said, "where did the rest of your butt go?"

sweet boy.
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    after 25 pound, i saw my aunt that i hadnt seen in months, she said,, my gosh youve been sick ??

she though that the only way for me to loose weight was that i had some kind of illness ????
    lol.. i told her no.. i worked hard for it ..

my little 9yo niece walked in.. and said. hoo you lost weight.. and did little taps on my tummy. and turns and giggle my bf's tummy...that made her laugh. (but not my bf .lol)

im going back home in february .. hopefully i will have lost a total of 70 lbs by then .
    cant wait to see peoples reactions !!!!!!!!!
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    ha, my husband told me if I lose much more weight my neck is gonna snap from the weight of my head lmao
    aparaently I have a big head and a little body? I'll take it! lol That was amidst a bunch of "You look so sexy" comments, so I wasn't mad
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    it's funny... i've lost 50 pounds but besides my fiance nobody really makes comments. They all know and i know that but it's like... unspoken. :huh:

The people (other than your fiance) are delusional! You look great! I just looked at your pics and I can see the difference... Way to go! :drinker: :flowerforyou: :bigsmile:

:heart: Kris

thank you! :flowerforyou: I know that they notice, just don't really talk about it. I think weight loss can be a touchy subject for some people. Your baby belly is lovely, make sure you let us know when you find out the gender! :flowerforyou:
  • majic
    majic Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    it's funny... i've lost 50 pounds but besides my fiance nobody really makes comments. They all know and i know that but it's like... unspoken. :huh:

From your avatar you look FANTASTIC! Keep it up!
  • nellienell12
    nellienell12 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    These are funny. Made me think. I know right now I've lost 25 lbs and was sitting at my desk when my co-worker came over and said, "OHH, I can see you have less of a roll from sitting.":laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    Most people are just saying, you look good, I can see the weight coming off now.

This time I'm going to lose it all and not just start and stop like always.

Good luck ladies, we are all doing a wonderful job even if nobody says anything nice about it or anything at all for that matter.:flowerforyou:
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    I have lost a total of approx 75lbs in about 15 months. It's funny because some people say "You've lost weight you look great" while others just seem to stare (surprise, envy?). When I got married last month two of my uncles who haven't seen me in a few years both told me that I look great:happy: , my hard work is obviously paying off:blushing: and that they hope I can get my sister to follow in my footsteps:frown: . I felt so good (for me) and so bad (for her) at the same time.

I love shocking people who haven't seen me in a long time. However, most of the people in my life have now seen me since losing the weight so the shock has worn off.
  • clewliss
    clewliss Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    My brother-in-law comes in for Christmas every year and I noticed the last 3 or 4 times the first thing he would say is "you've lost weight"! Well, for a while I thought maybe I had without trying and then the last time he came home I had gained like 10lbs in that year and he said the same thing and I looked at him and said "Wait just a minute, you tell me this everytime you see me and I know you are lying this time" He says, well I had to break the ice somehow!!! I was SO mad! :explode:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I think sometimes we continue to wear our old clothes, so we dont look like we have lost weight.

No one really noticed until I wore a tighter fitting, sleeveless shirt and 2 size smaller pants. Then everyone in the office questioned my diet (what ARE you taking?)

It is hard because sometimes we zip right thru a size and dont want to spend a lot of money on clothes. I am going to a consignment shop this weekend!

cheers:drinker: :drinker:
  • emikarls
    emikarls Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    A guys I work with asked

"how much weight have you lost"

I said "since Jan. , 61 lbs (i started losing before I joined mfp)"

He said "Wow, you didn't look like you were THAT big"

:ohwell:
  • jill927
    jill927 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I get a lot of people who don't recognize me at all, since I was gone for school when I started losing weight... :tongue: They have no idea who I am until I'm like...um, HI! :laugh:
    My sister's friend noticed and was like OMG!!!! OMG!!!!! I HATE YOU! haha she was just kidding (sort of)

The best though was one of my best friends, she was walking up a set of stairs behind me and went, "ya know, since you started losing weight, you REALLY don't have a butt. None at all."

Thanks girl. Love you too.
  • SuzieQT
    SuzieQT Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend the tactless wonder (he's not all that bad though :wink: ) picked me up of the couch the other day and said, "Hey you're easier to pick up now." I just smiled and said, "I've never been easy, you should know that!" :laugh:
  • ruth369
    ruth369 Posts: 38
    Options
    The oddest one was from a regular customer at my store, she was like "Wow, you look great, you don't have leukemia or are doing drugs are you? I didn't know either to feel flattered or offended.
  • raincloud
    raincloud Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I walked into my friends parents house and I opened the door to see his dad sitting on the couch. He turns, sees me and shouts "WELL AREN'T YOU A SKINNY F**K!!!!!"

Hahahaha! :laugh:
  • timragan
    timragan Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I was at a Big & Fat clothing store and was checking out when the clerk began telling me about upcoming sales and asked me about calling to remind me of the sales. I told him not to take it personally but that I was agressively working at weight loss and planned to get to a place very soon where I never came into the store. He smiled and noted that I am tall (just over 6' 3") and could be one of their petite customers. It really made me laugh. I've had many adjectives applied to me but petite is not one of them. I still chuckle when I think about it.
  • kelhun1
    kelhun1 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I had lost about 40 lbs (found out later it was because I was sick...the surgery and meds. made me gain it all back + some:mad: ). But, during my brief skinny period my neighbor said, " Wow, you've really lost a lot of weight (nice), but I guess some people are always going to have big hips and thighs.:explode: I thought about asking her how her cigarette and liquor diet was going...but I bit my tongue.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Here's a good one. I go into the office...a coworker who really always sees the negative side of everything comes all the way from another department because someone told her I lost a lot of weight. I see her coming and I am trying to get away...dont want the negativity......cant escape............here she comes..........................

Oh you DID lose weight.......but watch out because you will start to look your age now cuz all the fat filled in your wrinkles before!!

I told her that isnt so and she would see a big difference herself if she drank 8 bottles of water a day,as I do!:huh:
  • vegasmellie
    vegasmellie Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    years ago when I was thinner, I was at a dept store and the pic on my ID was an old one before I lost the weight. the salesperson (guy) behind the counter looked at the pic, looked at me and then asked if it was my evil twin! :laugh: I took it as a compliment. I can't wait to get to that point again! Of course I'll "lose" my ID and need to take a new pic. :tongue: