New Round of P90X starts Feb 28th! Join me! Cont'd....

Options

Replies

• reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Today is Day 3 of Week 5.. So I'm looking forward to another 'new video' with Back & Biceps today.

You are all doing great and I too find your stubbornness motivational Bob :)

Thanks...my wife will vouch for the stubborness...LOL
  • reepobob
    Options
    Day 29 done! Or Week 5 day 1, however you are tracking - it was Core Synergistics for me - upped weights (but my reps dropped a little) and my push-ups are getting much better - woo hoo! TOmorrow is Zumba, so I am curious if I will have all this extra energy a lot of you have mentioned after a recovery week - we shall see!

Btw - has anyone thought about what they are going to do after P90x? I know its pretty early for me, but I think I am going to do JM 30 DS - I have weight to lose - and then start P90x Classic or maybe even doubles - anyone else?

I am planning on taking about 2 weeks off after P90X Lean and work the elliptical every other day and lift every other day and then I plan on kicking off a round of P90X Classic or Doubles...haven't quite decided. It will at least be a Classic round. I can't wait!
  • reepobob
    Options
    gonna be starting my P90X on monday hopefully ? since i have a plane to catch home at 1030am maybe i can get the routine in before i have to leave the hotel.. good thing the airport is only 15 mins from my hotel !! anyhow anyone have advice on what they follow for a meal plan ? are you just eating as good as you can or trying to stay in certain ranges for proteins, carbs etc ???

I haven't followed the nutrition plan to the letter, but I DID set up MFP's goals to follow the Fat Shredder breakdown of protein, carbs, and fats- 50%, 30%, and 20% respectively). I am eating about 70% of what is on the portion plan. I am going into week 7 and have lost over 10 pounds and am losing body fat so I think what I doing is OK.
  • reepobob
    Options
    Hey all! I elected to enjoy my rest day. I did Legs and Back + Ab Ripper-X yesterday and normally I can hardly walk after that workout, but after waking up this morning I felt damn good...good enough to skip the X-Stretch. This week is my last week before recovery week #2. I plan on BRINGING IT! as hard as I can this week.

Back in the hotel, but I will be in the same hotel all week long so it won't be nearly as hectic as last week. I've noticed that I behave nutritionally a lot better when I travel, especially when I have the in room fridge. I cooked up about 16 chicken breasts and will be scarfing those this week before restocking at the grocery store. One nice thing about the per diem money is I can get some things that cost a little more for variety like chilled shrimp (pure protein, no fat, next to no carbs and delicious).

I am THIS CLOSE to conquering Ab Ripper-X...I can do everything with full reps at the hardest level with the exception of fifer scissors (legs hit the deck around count 17) and mason twists (legs hit the deck with about 6 seconds left...got 40 reps in though!).

I upped my weights and pullup reps in Legs and Back and drumroll....I finally did one unassisted pull up! The days of chair assisted pullups are numbered!

Looking to up my weights on the Core Synergistics moves and hope to BRING IT! a little more towards the end as I tend to be on fumes by the bonus round. The little victories is what is providing my motivation now, NOT the scale. I think that is the point where fitness becomes a lifestyle and not a means to an end.

Keep BRINGING IT! everybody and I look forward to seeing how the new week treats you!
  • OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Phase 2, Week 5, Day 1...

I am proud to say I have survived 'Recovery Week'...I didn't like the downtime at all...:grumble:

I'm excited to be doin' Core Synergistics today - and get back to my Weights & Ab Ripper X this week...

Only 5 lbs more to burn off to get to my Goal Weight - I hope to achieve this sometime, within' the next 2 weeks - but end of April for sure :wink:

Have a great day :laugh:
  • erniemj
    erniemj Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Today is Day 30 - photo Day! I had my husband wake me up and take photos - and boy, do I look tired! Oh well - there is a little difference - especially in the back side, side view and the front side twisting - overall, I am happy, I was not expecting flab to ripped in 30 days - but I have lost about 9lbs (174.4 to 165.6) thanks to P90x and MFP! Today is Zumba (subbed for Cardio X). Oh, I never took measurements on Day 1 - so I am going to take those today and at least start tracking from here on out! I will post pictures on Day 90 (did I just say that?)
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Day 31 - Into Phase 2 for me. Chest/Shoulders/Triceps/ARX rocked today... except for a few of the pushup moves. One arm push ups - I literally laughed out loud when I attempted them. Some of the moves I had to do on my knees, but I'll get there. Core Syn actually seemed to benefit me significantly. I found ARX much less difficult. I took a small break durning "Crunchy Frogs" - somehow that one always gets me! - but I still did all the reps, and kept up on everything else, even the bonus Mason Twists. I'm glad to have had the recovery week, but I'm also kind of glad it's over.

I forgot to take measurements/pictures yesterday, so I'm going to try to do that this evening.

@Bob - Nice work on the unassisted pullup! I'm really looking forward to that day too.

Have a great Monday, everyone!
  • ddavies919
    ddavies919 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow X’ers! I hope you all had a great weekend! I am happy to start phase II today! Woo hoo!!!! I didn’t like the downtime either during recovery week, felt guilty or something, even though I still pushed play, I missed lifting! So, today is pics and measurements day for me! I’m unhappy to report, I only lost a measly pound! Grrrrrr! But, happy I didn’t gain, so I’ll take it. I’m only within 10lbs of my goal weight so I know this is going to be like pulling teeth trying to get them off! What I am happy about is that I feel smaller and my clothes fit looser, so I know it’s working it’s magic! And I’ll take that! I am still adding in the extra cardio on my weight days so I just got done with Turbo Fire 30 and abs, tonight will be CST! Looking forward to it!

Jenna: Woo hoo! Looks like we’re on the same schedule! I totally felt the same way today when I was doing abs, I thanked Core Syn because I felt much stronger in my core! Nice job on Mason twists! Keep it up! Let’s rock phase II!

OLP: Wow! Only 5 more pounds! Way to go girl! You gotta be psyched! Keep bringing it!

Bob: Glad you enjoyed your rest day, you certainly deserve it! You are just motivation central my friend! Keep up the good work and have a great week too! I look forward to hearing all about it!

Hello to everyone else! Let’s bring it this week! Those results belong to you so go get em!

Deb
  • reepobob
    Options
    Day 31 - Into Phase 2 for me. Chest/Shoulders/Triceps/ARX rocked today... except for a few of the pushup moves. One arm push ups - I literally laughed out loud when I attempted them. Some of the moves I had to do on my knees, but I'll get there. Core Syn actually seemed to benefit me significantly. I found ARX much less difficult. I took a small break durning "Crunchy Frogs" - somehow that one always gets me! - but I still did all the reps, and kept up on everything else, even the bonus Mason Twists. I'm glad to have had the recovery week, but I'm also kind of glad it's over.

I forgot to take measurements/pictures yesterday, so I'm going to try to do that this evening.

@Bob - Nice work on the unassisted pullup! I'm really looking forward to that day too.

Have a great Monday, everyone!

Thanks Jenna, my wife thought I was nuts when I was dancing around and doing the Tiger Woods fist pump...Congrats are in order for you on the eXcellent progress on Ab Ripper-X! For some reason crunchy frogs are a cake walk for me...I lose form on fifer scissors...I do think I will be able to hang to the end on mason twists next time. *fingers crossed*
  • reepobob
    Options
    Greetings from the road...I am in the same place all week so it will not be too bad for me. The only problem is I have to work from 630am-430pm every day except Friday when I travel back home. Once I get in the hotel, I gotta PUSH PLAY ASAP and get the work out in...although I think I may do Yoga-X late in the day to enjoy the tail end of that workout before bedtime...I feel like a million bucks when I am done with Yoga-X (I know, I am in the minority).

Core Synergistics conquered this afternoon...upped my weights slightly and increased my reps on the various push up moves...Dreya Rolls were sloppy (I think I looked drunk), but I improved on my Chat Runs and Plank/Chat ISO in the bonus round.

Glad to hear the good news from everybody on their progress...I must sign off, I have some Greek Yogurt with my name on it.
  • heabear
    heabear Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm only on day 2 can I join though? Need some friends and motivators!!
  • ddavies919
    ddavies919 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Welcome heabear! You can absolutely join us! Come on in! So, is this your first at home workout program? How are you liking it so far?
  • soccermum75
    soccermum75 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I am finally at my first recovery week. I am really excited to try out cardio x and core. I know a lot of people dont't like yoga but it's actually my favourite. I really lookforward to it every week.

After i finish p90x i will do insanity. I actually ordered both at the same time. I am afraid i Will miss weights though...never thought i would say that. I actually really like p90x because it is so diversified. Maybe i will try a hybrid of p90x and insanity...

Anyways, i still have 70 days of p90x to go through. Can't wait to see the finsl results!
  • annyshay
    annyshay Posts: 42
    Options
    Hey everyone. Finished Core Syn tonight. Almost done with my recovery week v2.0. I just have Yoga X tomorrow.

It's funny that you should mention crunchy frog and fifer scissors. Those are the exactly the parts of Ab Ripper X that I have to push through the most. They are getting easier with time, but it's still quite a push to get "through" them even with tiny breaks. Still, the hard parts are always where I end up noticing progress.

I can't seem to make up my mind what I want to do when I finish this round of P90x. I'm torn between doing another round, maybe with Doubles or some running on top, and trying something new (TurboFire, maybe) to keep mixing things up. I do want to make use of the summer when it gets here. Sunny days without snow are at a high premium in my neck of the woods. Hopefully with time my mind will make itself up. I guess the details are less important, as long as I keep pushing play.

Great work everyone, and thanks for the continuing boosts of motivation. We can totally do this together!!
  • MAK_01
    MAK_01 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Start of week 11... still shocked at that. I think this is the longest I've kept up a DVD workout routine.
    Rocked chest and back today. Dive bomber push-ups kill me every time, but I was able to do 11 on the second round. Did pretty fair with ARX.

On a side note, I won't bore you with the details, but I had to do my work out at my parents’ house today. As I was doing ARX my mom came home from her work out, and was like "I want to try", she did a couple of bicycles and was like "NO WAY!" After my workout she told me how impressed she was that I can do the all moves. Made me feel pretty good.

Sadly I had to take Sunday off, which means plyo tomorrow, before my bowling league. Wish me luck!

Have a great night everyone!
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I really brought it today for Chest and Back ... increased the pushups at every turn which was exciting for me.
    I was showing Trainer Tyler my friend at the gym the push ups ... and he got all on me for my form. He had me adjust my form (on my knees) and now I can hardly do one of them...

What is a girl to do ... heck with the bad form I could only do 7 when I started... frustrating for me I guess.
    I am still doing divebombers on my knees!
    But I still pushed play...
  • jataijah
    jataijah Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Week 7 for me. Couldn't do yesterday's workout because of my shoulder. So I jogged and hit the stair master. But I will be doing plyo today. my shoulder is getting better from me just resting it but I'm still gonna see the doctor on thursday. Keep up the good work everyone
  • heabear
    heabear Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Welcome heabear! You can absolutely join us! Come on in! So, is this your first at home workout program? How are you liking it so far?

I tried to do power90 but it was just to much of the same everyday so i decided to get my big girl panties on and just do p90x. But having done some power90 helped cause it was some of the same moves! It makes me sore but I feel so great and excited so I love it so far!! I know its right cause I am excited to keep going!!
  • lizard9800
    lizard9800 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Ok I have another problem. I've been having pain in my upper arm for a few days and it's getting worse. I can't lift my arm out 90 degrees with pain. I think it's my deltoid muscle. My hubby wants me to see my doc but I'm scared she's gonna tell me to stop lifting weights. I'm halfway through this program and I'm loving the results. This sucks :(.

Definitely take a break and see someone, even if it's just a physical therapist (they have done wonders for me in the past). I hurt my wrist and had to take two weeks off from lifting. It was tough, but I was finally able to slowly start up again yesterday. Keep up with the legs portion in the meantime and cardio if you can.
  • lizard9800
    lizard9800 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Finally felt up to lifting a bit yesterday. Started with Shoulders and Arms since there are no pushups or planks in that one. And I didn't try to push myself too hard. Wrist feels ok today. No real difference, so I think I will do one week of Phase 1 and then jump into Phase 2 next week. I have been doing all the cardio and legs stuff for 2 weeks instead. But I can tell you one thing - I won't be doing Core Synergistics again anytime soon!
    Unfortunately my weight crept back up to where it was 2 weeks ago. Oh well. Inches are still down and that is the important part to me. Hoping lifting again will ramp up my metabolism. So excited to be back on the P90X train again! Whoo whoo!