SHORTY'S 12 Week Challenge! (Read more!)

Options
Hey guys!! I've designed a 12 week challenge for myself and others who are in the 4'10 to 5'3 range...weighing about 145-175 pounds! I only did this to see if there were any others out there in my same boat! Short...chunky...needing to lose about 20-50 pounds! And it feels good to see that there are others out there that have my height and weight area and are needing desperate help to lose weight! I am so tired of looking the way I am for my short 5'0 self! I wanted to offer anyone else out there that want to join a 12 week challenge....starting April 7th! Please let me know if this fits you or even if you are close to what I'm saying...thats awesome too! I just put a number out there to get a similar group challenge!

If you would like to join, PLEASE ADD ME AS FRIEND AND SEND ME A MESSAGE ALONG WITH IT!

Our weigh-in's will be every Thursday. Please message your height, current weight, and goal for the following week THIS THURSDAY! Every weigh-in after...just message me your weigh-in and goal for next week! I will be making a chart, showing everyones progress and I will be honoring the people by "BIGGEST LOSER WEEK CHALLENGE" "MOST BMI DROP" AND "BIGGEST LOSER OVERALL! Yes, we are calculating our BMI's together also, which is why I would need your height! (Anywhere between 4-11 and 5'3...hints SHORTY'S!) This is going to be so much fun! I can't wait to get started!

LET'S DO THIS TOGETHER SHORTY'S! WE CAN DO IT! :)

I will be trying to post an example of our chart we will be using...so if you see some funky lettering and image stuff going on...thats me, making sure I can get the chart up here on this Topic!

Replies

• KristinAshli
    Options
    shortyschallenge.jpg
  • laurelderry
    laurelderry Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    That chart looks great! I'm excited!
  • TacoGibbons
    TacoGibbons Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Can't wait to start! Thanks for putting this together!
  • LeelaLosing
    LeelaLosing Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    This is great! Love the beautiful graph! Maybe add a date column?

Although the BMI is a loose number that doesn't fit all and there is some wiggle room if you are overall healthy with a good body fat percentage, I know that numbers are really important to some of us especially for motivation if we have a way to go.... so FYI since we Shorty's need as much help as we can! Most BMI sites allow you to put fractions of an inch, which can change your BMI by .5 lb which is helpful. I'm technically 5' 0.25" and it changed my BMI by .5 lbs (another MFPer pointed this out), so ladies if your height doesn't fall exactly on the inch and you want to wiggle into the next range faster for motivation, try it out!

I have been eating healthier and exercising consistently for about the last year and half and have come down from my highest at 205 lbs (yes, on 5' !!). My lowest weight recently has been 143, but I went back up when I stopped working out so heavily and started giving in to cravings. I started MFP at 163, got down to 155 and have been going up and down within 5 lbs since joining. I really need some new motivation and I feel our group is just what I need!

Leela

SW: 163
    CW: 160
    1st goal: 150
    2nd goal: 140 - 12 week challenge goal weight
    3rd goal: 135 (August 15)
    GW: 115-125 (Thanksgiving)

12-wk challenge goal: 20 lbs (or a little bit over 1.5 lbs per week)
  • RunConquerCelebrate
    RunConquerCelebrate Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    The chart looks amazing thank you for putting this together, I really hope that I can break my plateau and start loosing again
  • LeelaLosing
    LeelaLosing Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    P.S. I almost forgot, I have a May 31st goal of being 145 -- my birthday!
  • WishComeTru
    WishComeTru Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Looks great! I'm very excited for our group, and the Thursday weigh-in works perfectly with my schedule already :)

I always start out with a bang the first 2 weeks, and then I derail and demotivate myself. I'm tired of yo-yo-ing and just want to clear these weight loss hurdles. Let's go team!
  • KristinAshli
    Options
    GIrls,

I am so excited!! About the date thing, I was going to be putting it with Week Loss, which I will put Week 1 Loss. And I will put at the top which week we are on and which days it consists of, that way we all know what week we are on. I also thought about doing a group total for each week, not on the chart, but on the page for sure.

I hope everyone is getting pumped...we have 2 more days to get our minds right and get into the mode of "losing!" Only in this weight loss journey losing is winning! I think it would be a good idea for us to be involved in the Topic by putting maybe some good inspirational quotes, writing short stories about how we came across a situation and succeeded (for example, a birthday party...and skipped out on cake, etc) One of the main reasons I wanted to start this 12 week challenge is not only to see our progress and motivate one another to push hard...but also, to have a good support system for all of us. So the more stories, quotes, any advice on food and nutrition, accomplishing a new exercise goal, share it with us! We want to know!

Again, remember, Thursday morning send me your height, weight, and goal for next week!
  • CarlitaK
    CarlitaK Posts: 139
    Options
    Yay! I'm in!
  • KristinAshli
    Options
    Alright guys, here is our final chart so far with all of our participants! I love that we are a small group. There are tons of challenge groups out there and they have like 100 or more people on there, which is hard to really be close to the people in your group and really relate. We have a total of 9 people so far and i think a couple more will be joining too. So here is what our chart will look like and the gals that are in it! Become friends with one another and keep in touch! Here we go ladies! Countdown...2 days! Get ready!

shortyschallenge-2.jpg
  • KayLeigh6710
    Options
    I'm really excited about this Challenge. I hope that we can all help one another cause I am REALLY struggling!!
  • EmicaL
    EmicaL Posts: 31
    Options
    This is awesome! I'm so excited!! I'm on a different challenge group... but it is hard to sit and read through everyone's week and give encouragement.

:)
  • powlschick
    powlschick Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm very excited to be a part of this :) Lets bust it out, ladies!
  • KayLeigh6710
    Options
    AHH can I get added to the chart????
  • susanjackson66
    susanjackson66 Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    I would like to join. Is it to late??
  • KristinAshli
    Options
    Yes, of course! I'm working out the kinks on here! It's so difficult to have to convert a word document to picture. Don't worry friends...we will all be fully added by Thursday. Hope everyone is getting both mentally and physically prepared for this! Remember...it's not a 1 week challenge, it's a 12 week (aka 3 month, aka 84 day) challenge! COUNTDOWN TIL SHORTY TIME...2 DAYS!
  • oliveoil87
    oliveoil87 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I am in !! I love this small group!
  • astauff
    astauff Posts: 32
    Options
    I will definately do this...sounds good and the chart looks great.This is such great motivation cant wait to see everyones results.
  • KristinAshli
    Options
    Okay everyone! Tomorrow we officially start Shorty's 12 Week Challenge! Just a reminder for what I will need from you tomorrow if you haven't already sent me your information.

-Name
    -Height
    -Weight
    -12 Week Goal

Also another thing, I have decided that we are not going to do weekly goals, instead just send me your overall 12 week goal of what you want to be at the end of the 12 weeks. But definately set goals for yourself weekly, I am just going to keep track of the end goal and go from there. Well, see yall tomorrow!

Kristin
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Yay, I found the board! I like having a Shorty group and hopefully in 12 weeks I'll have reached my goal weight of 140.