Replies

• Raynedancer
    Raynedancer Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Good ideas...thanks everyone :)

Bumpity-bump
  • hawkgurl
    Options
    Stumbled upon this Grilled Tilapia with Mango Salsa.....it's very easy and is delicious!! Here is the link below:
    http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Grilled-Tilapia-with-Mango-Salsa/Detail.aspx
  • bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    Options
    Bump...these all sound so delicious! I eat a lot of salmon but have never cooked my own tilapia. I already made my menu for this week but tilapia is definitely going on the menu for next week!
  • NinjaPrincess
    Options
    bump
  • kjensen15
    kjensen15 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I like to make fish tacos with tilapia.
    season the fish with s & p, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, what ever you like. Saute in some olive oil and flake when done. Serive with a lowfat tortilla, salsa, FF sourcream (I put cilantro and lime juice in mine) and some red cabbage for the extra crunch. (I slice the cabbage real thin then let it sit for as long as I can with some kosher salt and lime juice) Very yummy. This also works well with shrimp!

This sounds great!! I love fish tacos, but my husband won't eat fish at all. Not to mention any time I mention "fish tacos" around him he giggles like a 12 year old! :)
  • ironmule2042
    Options
    This recipe calls for Mahi Mahi but I made it last night with Tilapia and it was amazing. This is most definitely one I will be making again.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Ginger-Glazed-Mahi-Mahi/Detail.aspx
  • tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member
    Options

Broiled Tilapia Parmesan
    Prep Time: 5 Min
    Cook Time: 10 Min
    Ready In: 15 Min

Servings 4

Ingredients
    * 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese ( i use reduced fat kraft parm)
    * 2 tablespoons butter, softened (i don't use better in mine
    * 1 tablespoon and 1-1/2 teaspoons mayonnaise (i used light)
    * 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
    * 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
    * 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
    * 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
    * 1/8 teaspoon celery salt
    * 1 pound tilapia fillets

Directions

1. Preheat your oven's broiler. Grease a broiling pan or line pan with aluminum foil.
    2. In a small bowl, mix together the Parmesan cheese, butter, mayonnaise and lemon juice. Season with dried basil, pepper, onion powder and celery salt. Mix well and set aside.
    3. Arrange fillets in a single layer on the prepared pan. Broil a few inches from the heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Flip the fillets over and broil for a couple more minutes. Remove the fillets from the oven and cover them with the Parmesan cheese mixture on the top side. Broil for 2 more minutes or until the topping is browned and fish flakes easily with a fork. Be careful not to over cook the fish.

We also make the allrecipe's Broiled Parmesan Tilapia . It really is sooooo good. Thanks for the reminder!
  • TayJoMama
    TayJoMama Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I like to blacken my Tilapia. Just sprinkle a little(or a lot) cajun seasoning, and just a little Italian bread crumbs, using bread crumbs for crunch NOT batter. Make sure your skillet is good and hot and add enough cooking oil or PAM to coat the pan and sear the tilapia on both sides. Umm-hmm. Add some salad and wish bone spritzer of your choice, I love Raspberry Vinaigrette, and my meal is around 150 calories with a 4 ox fillet and a 1 -1 1/2 cups of salad. Now I'm hungry!!
  • LovelyE28
    LovelyE28 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    bump

Thanks for the recipes! I just bought some tilapia to make for dinner tonight, now I just need to figure out which recipe to make out of these.. hmm!
  • gimedatnow
    gimedatnow Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    My mom makes this really amazing Filipino cultural soup called sinigang. It can be made with pretty much any fish, but I think it's especially good with tilapia, catfish, milkfish, and/or shrimp. It's a tasty, sour broth, and it's super low in calories. You can also add pretty much any veggies to it. I like it with a lot of cabbage and spinach.

Here's a quick recipe from allrecipes.com (it's pretty much the one we use at home too): http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/fish-sinigang-tilapia---filipino-sour-broth-dish/Detail.aspx

-- Ingredients --

1/2 pound tilapia fillets, cut into chunks
    1 small head bok choy, chopped
    2 medium tomatoes, cut into chunks
    1 cup thinly sliced daikon radish
    1/4 cup tamarind paste
    3 cups water
    2 dried red chile peppers (optional)

-- Directions --

In a medium pot, combine the tilapia, bok choy, tomatoes and radish. Stir together the tamarind paste and water; pour into the pot. Toss in the chili peppers if using. Bring to a boil, and cook for 5 minutes, or just until the fish is cooked through. Even frozen fish will cook in less than 10 minutes. Do not over cook or else the fish will fall apart. Ladle into bowls to serve.

Yields: 4 servings
    Amt per serving: Calories: 112 | Total Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 21mg
  • MaysMom
    MaysMom Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    bump
  • monylove311
    monylove311 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    bump
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member