bold enough to say to shorties from a 5'8 girl.

Options
2»

Replies

• lady_daraine
    Options
    When I graduated high school I was 120 and I'm 5'7". I was a little too thin just because I am also big boned, so I looked my best at 135. But you know what? If that's your goal, you go for it! Maybe if you are muscular you won't hit it (it does weigh more than fat, you know :) but how would anyone else know?
    Plus, nice on that loss! THAT is a huge accomplishment! And rock those heels if you got them!
  • Victorious_One
    Victorious_One Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    People always think the door is open for them to comment on what's best for other people. That drives me nuts!

People come up to me all the time and tell me to stop losing. I'm 5' 7 1/2" and I weigh around 160. If I gain four more pounds, I'm considered overweight in my BMI. I'm still in a size 10, not a size 2. So, why do I need to stop losing? Because they're jealous? Because they could never get down that low? Because the gossip mill was slow that week? What? :explode:

Haters...brush 'em off! You do you, girl. Work it out!
  • hollyb9871
    hollyb9871 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    My best friend is 5'8 and I'm 5'4. At one point we were exercising a lot and Irish dancing 3 times a week as well. During that time we both lost weight and weighed 122 lbs. We BOTH looked great. She is tall and lean and muscular, I'm an hour glass shape (very Marilyn Monroe) and muscular as well. I bet no one would have guessed we weighed the same as we both carried it differently.

As long as you are eating well and staying healthy and strong there's no reason 125 is unreasonable.
  • marshmallowmind
    marshmallowmind Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'm 5foot11 with [apparently!] a small frame. Whenever I tell people my real goal, they instantly think it's too little, I'll look skeletal. But I know my body. I know what I'll look like. At 140 I was still podgy so I know my body can handle being put down a bit further.
    If you feel you can get there & feel good about yourself, stuff everyone else! Do what you feel is best for you, not what others tell you. :)
  • JaneP2011
    JaneP2011 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who is 5ft 8 and 125 and she's a stunner! It is the low end of the BMI but she can take it and looks well and healthy on it. She's very sporty and takes great care of herself ... she's my role model! So I agree, I think you should just go for it and see if it suits you too.
    Congrats on the amazing loss so far by the way!