Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Cool Tricks/Tips to Drink more Water?

Hello Everybody,

I've been concerned about my water consumption. Ever since keeping this log, I've been able to notice my water intake. I have only been consumer an average of 2 - 3 cups a day. I have always had this problem, and I've noticed now, even with me working out the water consumer is still the same. :huh:

I would love to learn some tricks or cool tips on how to consume more water in a day.

What do you do? Any suggestions?

Replies

• mandamama
    mandamama Posts: 250
    I have this great water bottle http://www.gocontigo.com/autoseal-water-bottle-24-oz.html I always keep it within eye shot, and the great thing is, becuase of the way the spout pours I feel like just a couple swigs I get WAY more than I would drinking out of a glass. they sell them online, and I believe at costco. My gym sells them for $10 I find it helps me.
  • doitday
    doitday Posts: 59
    You're right! It is the best. I actually have one of the http://www.gocontigo.com/autoseal-water-bottle-24-oz.html.
    I'll take it out now - Thank you! :flowerforyou:
  • mjf0461
    mjf0461 Posts: 470 Member
    I wasn't drinking very much either, until I hit a plateau for over a month..Yes I said over a month not one pound lost nor inches.. I started reading up on things that I could do to change this. In this time I also spoke to a nutrienalist, who was looking over my food diary, and immediately told me I needed to up my proteins and lower the carbs and not worry about calories at this time. My working out was putting me in starvation mode big time. As a Paramedic/RN I know that if you take in alot of protein and don't drink water it's deadly to your kidneys. SO knowing this drinking water has no longer been a problem. I fill up 3 of the 32 oz Dasani bottles and I make sure and have one finished before noon, an the 2nd one before 4 and the last one before 8 p.m. Now sometimes I will add a slice of tangerine, lemon, piece of strawberry into the water just to give it a touch of flavor... But knowing that without the water intake you loss LESS weight helps me to drink it... It's a MUST.....
  • awelch79
    awelch79 Posts: 233 Member
    I fill a LARGE (25-30 oz)water bottle every morning and try to carry it around with me...but even if I dont, seeing it makes me remember to stop and take a swig! My goal is to drink 4 of them a day.. First thing EVERY morning, I gulp down one glass before my coffee...at least that gets me started.
  • rundgrenfan
    rundgrenfan Posts: 211
    I make a container of Crystal Light or iced tea and then put just a tiny bit of it in my water container, along with a slice of citrus. I started with a half (Crystal Light) and half (water) mixture and worked my way down to mostly water. I noticed at some point that I couldn't stand to drink full-sweet drinks anymore.
  • keri1292
    keri1292 Posts: 4 Member
    Since getting a Camelbak water bottle, my water intake has tripled. The bite valve makes it easier to chug away. I loved it so much that I got my hubby and three kids hooked as well. We don't go anywhere without our Camelbaks!

http://www.amazon.com/CamelBak-BPA-Free-Better-Bottle-Valve/dp/B0019DCD7U
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    I keep a water bottle at my desk at all times.
    I take a 32 oz water bottle to the gym filled with my intra-workout drink. And always finish it before i leave.

I drink close to a gallon a day without any trouble.
  • rizorw
    rizorw Posts: 67 Member
    I struggle with this to. I have forund that if I drink from a bigger bottle it helps. I will get a 1 Liter bottle (4 Cups) to drink. I also drink at least 1 cup before I leave for work in the morning. This way at least I have drank 5 cups in a day. I try to go for more, I always have a second bottle ready, but it is hard.

The other trick I learned is to drink it as early in the day as possible. This way i am not going to the bathroom as much when I am super busy at home and as close to bed. (I hate getting up at night to go pee)

Good Luck!
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    If your issue is not really loving the taste of plain water, there's a few things you can add with negligible calorie increase. That way, it will be more like a treat than a chore.

1) fresh cucumber slices
    2) bruised up fresh mint leaves (the bruising will release the essential minty oils)
    3) lemon/lime wedges
    4) ginger root (this works especially well in hot water)

I drink a lot of herbal tea and as long as I don't add any sweeteners I count it towards my total for the day.
  • doitday
    doitday Posts: 59
    Wow, thank you! You all are wonderful..I will definitely start today. All of your tips and tricks were helpful and encouraging!!!