Unconditional Support Group - April

Options

Replies

• annpat28
    annpat28 Posts: 42
    Options
    I am having problems with motivaton. I will do great for a few days and then i lose all motivation and do horrible for a few days. It is a cycle that i need to break. I am headed to the gym today (did not go yesterday). I am just very upset with myself. I say i am going to do this and then i dont. I have been doing this for years and i hate it.
  • mrsbuzz
    mrsbuzz Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    thanks for starting this thread...dealing with a lot of depression and negativity. I lost 20 from sept 2010 to jan 2011, but after that it went down hill. I know I can do it but for some reason its just not working for me. It's hard when you live witha a super skinny hubby who can eat anything he wants so then I think well if he can then I can and that is the wrong state mind to have. I just can't seem to get over this hump...I have a 5k may 7th and so not where I need to be. I feel like I am slowly drowning. So thanks for the thread of support and encouragment.
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    Hello everyone. It's Wednesday ... we're half way throught the week. I didn't get much activity in yesterday nor will I today. I have a massage and chiropractic adjustment booked for after supper tonight. I know I know ... poor me right? :wink:

My eating has been so much better ... not sure why but I'm happy I've got it.

I'm sorry some of us are feeling the motivation slump. I get that all the time too. I'll just take one day at a time and I hope you all will too. I find myself coaching myself through things ... like, "okay, if you go do a load of laundry and still feel really hungry we'll (as in me and my other personalities) re-evaluate the situation, but for now don't eat" ... or "stop thinking of just sitting here ... go take a walk or do a Zumba video and then you can sit all night" You know what I mean? Usually I don't feel like sitting at all after Zumba.
  • magglett
    Options
    Check out what I got today ... woo hoo ... someone at work was getting rid of this DVD because she never used it ... still wrapped in the package never been opened. I've had a balance ball for years and now I can actually use it. Instructions are always good. I think I'll be trying this out shortly ... Fun Fun.

2000329330-260x260-0-0_Balance_Ball_for_Weight_Loss.jpg
  • Temporalia
    Temporalia Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    That's nice :)

I've had an ok day in terms of food yesterday, fell in the popcorn at the movies...I got upset, that's why...I was in a line up for an advanced screening so the scan you to make sure you don't have any cameras on you...I made a move and told bf that it would be hard to scan me with all I have in my hands. Then, this guy behind me, out of nowhere, says: "oh, they're gonna scan that belly!!" and I give him a wtf look (and of course I get it the second after that he thinks i'm pregnant). He could've stopped there, but then proceeded to tell me (as a really really bad joke) that : "you're belly will beep, does the baby have his ticket to get in, they're going to scan him so he doesn't bring a camera in", etc. Without my reaction, he kept trying to explain his bad joke. I got rid of him when we went in to sit down.

I couldn't say anything, all I wanted to do is cry. Bf doesn't understand how this is hurtful because he sees pregnant women as beautiful women.

After all the efforts i've put in, I still get the pregnant comment....i'm the lady who get heavier but just look pregnant and I hate it...
  • racergirl1991
    racergirl1991 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Looks like its going to be a beautiful day..hope it warms up.

Little bit down today...was signed up for a personal training class and had to drop it :( I usually work days 7-3 so the class at 5 would have been perfect, but my manager and one from another dept. decided to start sharing me so now im working anytime from 7am-11pm depending on the day....soooooo there went my chance to take the class. I hate nights and its really messing with my sleep, but you cant tell them no and I really need the job so I guess I will make the best of it. Well that and look for another job!!!

Have a wonderful day! Its my day off so im gonna get some stuff done around the house that has been waiting forever to get done.
  • magglett
    Options

I've had an ok day in terms of food yesterday, fell in the popcorn at the movies...I got upset, that's why...I was in a line up for an advanced screening so the scan you to make sure you don't have any cameras on you...I made a move and told bf that it would be hard to scan me with all I have in my hands. Then, this guy behind me, out of nowhere, says: "oh, they're gonna scan that belly!!" and I give him a wtf look (and of course I get it the second after that he thinks i'm pregnant). He could've stopped there, but then proceeded to tell me (as a really really bad joke) that : "you're belly will beep, does the baby have his ticket to get in, they're going to scan him so he doesn't bring a camera in", etc. Without my reaction, he kept trying to explain his bad joke. I got rid of him when we went in to sit down.

I couldn't say anything, all I wanted to do is cry. Bf doesn't understand how this is hurtful because he sees pregnant women as beautiful women.

After all the efforts i've put in, I still get the pregnant comment....i'm the lady who get heavier but just look pregnant and I hate it...

Man oh man ... You are so not alone in this ... I'm so with you on this one. I'm 49 years old and still get asked "So when's the baby due?" Seriously? I carry all my weight in my belly and I have for my whole life. I'm with you and I feel your pain my friend ... but screw him!!! You are doing awesome!! I'm proud of you and I'm sure everyone here on this web site can give you similar stories. Let me say this again ... that man so needs a lesson in manners ... SCREW HIM!!!!!!!
  • trimformecmb
    trimformecmb Posts: 257 Member
    Options

Sometimes, you can just say to people.... " thank you, but I am not pregnant....Please be more careful next time..."

Or, what really is fun to do is pat the man on his belly and say .." Looks like you and I are in this together... " and smile.....
    I am sorry you were hurt...you are not in this alone and we are all behind you.......
  • Temporalia
    Options
    It's great to have support here. I was always able to defend myself, but this time around was the worst i've heard my whole life. Even at a healthy weight of 170 (before my wedding) I was asked how many months along.

I have an hourglass figure, lots of muscles (143 pounds of them yikes) so I carry it well, but my belly tends to pop out more round easily (still trying to figure out what's going on, lactose intolerance maybe). And lucky me, I look glowing after a workout...yeah...

Screw him!!
  • smithkin
    smithkin Posts: 4
    Options
    Tody is going well so far, but night time is my worst. My son likes to eat dessert (not much and he's active) but then I want some dessert too. And my husband works nights so I'm by myself and so I tend to eat while watching t.v. It's a habit I have to break. Walking with my mom this evening. I'm glad I have the support from her I need.
  • magglett
    Options
    It's great to have support here. I was always able to defend myself, but this time around was the worst i've heard my whole life. Even at a healthy weight of 170 (before my wedding) I was asked how many months along.

I have an hourglass figure, lots of muscles (143 pounds of them yikes) so I carry it well, but my belly tends to pop out more round easily (still trying to figure out what's going on, lactose intolerance maybe). And lucky me, I look glowing after a workout...yeah...

Screw him!!

LOL ... Screw Him!!! :laugh:
    Turns out my round puffy gut is IBS related. Dang
  • Temporalia
    Options

Screw him!!

LOL ... Screw Him!!! :laugh:
    Turns out my round puffy gut is IBS related. Dang

See, it might be it with me too, but we're still in trial, too many different symptoms, I get puffy, bloated to the point where it almost hurt to breath, acid reflux, nausea (when I drink milk), Milk seems to affect it...My doctor has put me on a trial of Nexium, no more acid reflux but occasional all the rest of the symptoms. I have blood work to do after the Nexium treatment and then some more tests if nothing is found....
  • Temporalia
    Options
    Finished my second week of C25K this morning, my dog is the best, he knows the difference between the two beeps on my watch (I have an old Forerunner watch and I put my training interval in there and it beeps 5 seconds before the switch). As soon as he hears the beeps to run, he looks at me and start running in front of me, so cute :)

Finishing at noon today, going to the gym after and then spend my afternoon outside (helping bf clean his car and relaxing outside).

I've been good in terms of food yesterday, tonight, we're doing chicken and shrimp kebab on the bbq with a side salad and some vegetables on the side too :)
  • amj56
    amj56 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    WOW have great so many new people. I have been gone for the past few days. But back to logging my food and moving.

If you are having a bad day or you thinik it is , log on and just vent, someone will be lurking and will respond.

I find for me that if I log my food and not just guess I do a whole lot better. Since my last weigh in about 3 weeks ago, I have lost 2 lbs. I know that does not sound like a lot. but you know its slow and steady I am will take it. I am down to my last 11 lbs to get to my first goal. I have decided if it takes till Sept. I am ok with that and will just keep going along.
    I know with the warm weather and summer coming and more exercise I will get their. But with summer comes some challenges too. Just have to keep logging. I have an app for my phone and try to log my food ,even when I am not home.

To everyone hang in there, the more you work it the better it gets. YOU ARE ALL WORTH IT!!! So have some ME time if you need it. We all have commitments and forget to take care of US too.

Have a Great Weekend
    Ann
  • amj56
    Options
    Tody is going well so far, but night time is my worst. My son likes to eat dessert (not much and he's active) but then I want some dessert too. And my husband works nights so I'm by myself and so I tend to eat while watching t.v. It's a habit I have to break. Walking with my mom this evening. I'm glad I have the support from her I need.

If you deprive yourself thats were we get in trouble. Try having maybe a Jello pudding (Dark Choc my fav) with a little cool whip and I am good to go. I am a chocoholic so anything chocolate fits the bill. Or maybe a 100 calorie cookie pack. I know they cost more. But you can count out the animal cookies (again they do have Chocolate ones at Walmart).
    Walking is great and that good you can walk with your Mom. Just a few things that have helped me feel normal. Not that I know what normal is. I guess normal for me.
    Ann
  • amj56
    Options
    Check out what I got today ... woo hoo ... someone at work was getting rid of this DVD because she never used it ... still wrapped in the package never been opened. I've had a balance ball for years and now I can actually use it. Instructions are always good. I think I'll be trying this out shortly ... Fun Fun.

2000329330-260x260-0-0_Balance_Ball_for_Weight_Loss.jpg

Let me know how it works.
  • magglett
    Options
    So I tried out the exercise ball DVD, I really enjoy it, it's all about coordination and balance ... it's almost comical me trying to have either of those ... but I'm sure it will get easier. I have to get a good thick exercise mat before I do it again. It can be pretty hard on the knees at times.

I just got back from walking for one and a half hours with a little spitfire friend of mine who goes a titch too fast for my short legs. It was a bit of a challenge but I had fun. Burned a ton of calories and worked up quite an appetite. Just had a bigger then normal snack and now I may nap for an hour :yawn: But then I want to head outside again ... it's such a beautiful sunny day.

0666.gif
  • Temporalia
    Options
    I had a first Saturday that was good since being serious with my diet and exercise.

I did some yoga this morning, after that, we went for a walk downtown Ottawa (with the doggie) for about 45 minutes.

In the afternoon, it was a great sunny warm day, read all afternoon and chatted with my neighbor. Tomorrow is my day off. Hope to wake up later than this morning (doggie woke up early).
  • magglett
    Options
    I had a first Saturday that was good since being serious with my diet and exercise.

I did some yoga this morning, after that, we went for a walk downtown Ottawa (with the doggie) for about 45 minutes.

In the afternoon, it was a great sunny warm day, read all afternoon and chatted with my neighbor. Tomorrow is my day off. Hope to wake up later than this morning (doggie woke up early).

I Love Ottawa. My baby girl lives in Ottawa and I enjoy it so much when I visit. And Gatineau ... is that where there's that park that has Pink Lake in it is? I did some Geocaching and hiking there once and it was so beautiful. You live in a lovely area of our Canada.
  • trimformecmb
    trimformecmb Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Good morning....
    What a difference it makes to get outside...
    Gardening and playing socccer with my family...put the crockpot on for dinner and just spent the day being....
    AH---FRESH AIR...
    Now the beginning of my work week...
    HAve a great day/week everyone!!!
    Christine