Did you lose weight with the 30 Day Shred?

Options
So I'm on Day 2 of the 30 Day Shred, and it's AWESOME! I'm so sore, but I can tell this workout is amazing. (I tried it after reading so many people on here telling about how great it was.)

One question: As I lurk on the message boards, I keep reading a lot of people saying that they've lost inches but no weight. Have any of you lost weight? I have about 75 pounds more to lose, so I'm highly interested in that scale number going down. I do want to tone, and I'll keep going until I finish Day 30, but I was hoping some people who did it could share their success stories. Anyone? :)

Replies

• RTricia
    RTricia Posts: 720
    Options
    I may be the wrong person to ask. I didn't lose or gain any weight... no inches lost... but I did feels strong and active.
  • angievaughn
    angievaughn Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Sorry.....I lost over 10 inches doing the 30 Day Shred this March.....but I did not lose any weight!!! Not enough cardio!!! I started doing the biggest loser Cardio Max this past week...and lost 1.2 pounds!!!

The positive thing is that....I DID NOT gain any weight doing the shred!!!! It was hard for me to keep at it...because I like and need the scales to move in my favor!!!!
  • melissataylor1986
    melissataylor1986 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I am on day 20 and have lost 4 lbs along with inches. I can also notice a huge difference in the muscle tone in my legs.
  • SheilaSisco
    SheilaSisco Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 2 too! Maybe we could do it together and compare progress? :D

Either way, I can try to remember to let you know what my results are...
  • goddessofmath
    goddessofmath Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Sorry.....I lost over 10 inches doing the 30 Day Shred this March.....but I did not lose any weight!!! Not enough cardio!!! I started doing the biggest loser Cardio Max this past week...and lost 1.2 pounds!!!

The positive thing is that....I DID NOT gain any weight doing the shred!!!! It was hard for me to keep at it...because I like and need the scales to move in my favor!!!!

The not gaining is helpful. :) I've been dieting & working out since 2/14, but I've moved to a pretty strict diet of mostly veggies and fruits for a week and a half now. Do you mind me asking about your food intake while you did the 30DS?
  • petithamu
    petithamu Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I lost 10 lbs and I think 12 inches all over....
  • melissataylor1986
    melissataylor1986 Posts: 41 Member
    Options

THIS! The cardio max is amazing. I do this following the 30 Day Shred a few times a week, and it really helps wth the weight loss! =)
  • elainio
    elainio Posts: 77
    Options
    Today is Day 29 for me. I did 10 days on Level 1 then 10 days on Level 2 without having any break days. I have lost weight and inches.

My Start Weight: 164
    My Current Weight: 153

I have been eating well during the 29 days also which really is something you have to do if you want big results.

I feel alot stronger and have ALOT more definition in my arms and legs. I'm going to post all my final stats when I am done tomorow :)

Good Luck

Ex
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day two of Level Two today. I have lost weight, but I haven't been doing exclusively 30 Day Shred. I've also been doing two days a week at the gym on the treadmill and elliptical and one day of another cardio workout.
  • goddessofmath
    goddessofmath Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 2 too! Maybe we could do it together and compare progress? :D

Either way, I can try to remember to let you know what my results are...

Wanna friend each other to help keep track? :) I'd be happy to share results.
  • tandroes
    tandroes Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I am on day 10 and i haven't lost or gained any weight and i'm not measuring until the end... i do notice more muscle in my legs and arms though. i've noticed a HUGE difference from the first day i did it til now in the way i feel... i wanted to die after the first day, now i'm bored with level 1 and i'm moving on to level 2 tomorrow (i'm doing each for 10 days)
  • marissaquintana1204
    Options
    Yes you will lose weight. I did the 30 day shred last year. I lost the weight fast but I did not have that much to lose. I am very active but in the winter I always put on extra pounds. By spring time I always lose it. I love Jillian Michaels. Every once in a while I will workout with her DVD. I have a few of her DVD's. Right now i am using the Tracy Anderson mat workout DVD. My body has made drastic changes. You might want to try that one next. Good luck!
  • angp7711
    angp7711 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I am combining 30 Day shred with extra cardio (walk/jogging). My goal is 500 cal burn a day so I can't get that with just the video. If you are using it with good nutrtion and have 75lbs to lose I think that you would lose regardless.

Good luck!
    Ang
  • 1RareJewel
    1RareJewel Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Today is my second day also. I'll inform u of my results weekly.
  • Dawn111567
    Options
    I may be the wrong person to ask. I didn't lose or gain any weight... no inches lost... but I did feels strong and active.

I thought I was the only one and that I was doing something wrong.
  • rshells
    rshells Posts: 33
    Options
    I am just finished Day 1 Level 1 and I was wondering some of the same things. Since you just started as well we can keep each other motivated as well because I have about 90 lbs I want to lose
  • Sasha_Bear
    Sasha_Bear Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I'm on my 3rd week the first 2 weeks I gained 2lbs this last week I've lost 1 of those pounds back..LOL...I hate to say it but I was loosing more weight when I wasn't exercising. But I it has managed to tone my body more and I do like that about it.
  • Sasha_Bear
    Sasha_Bear Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I'm convinced this whole process is 80% diet and 20% exercise!
  • callipygianchronicle
    callipygianchronicle Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Also, remember that even if you don’t lose weight while doing the Shred (or any other resistance program), the lean muscle mass you put on WILL help you burn more fat in the weeks to follow. Muscle mass is your friend. So build strength, build muscle, and know that the weight will drop in time. Adding muscle means working smarter. Every pound of muscle burns 50 calories a day! Every pound of fat…just sits there.
  • melissa0001
    melissa0001 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Round 1 I combined with walking and/or stationary bike for 30-60 min in addition to shred...I lost 14.3 lbs.

Round 2 same, combining it with extra cardio.....completed day 21 today. As of day 15, 6 lbs lost since start of rou.d 2.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!