Did you lose weight with the 30 Day Shred?

Options

Replies

• angievaughn
    angievaughn Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Sorry.....I lost over 10 inches doing the 30 Day Shred this March.....but I did not lose any weight!!! Not enough cardio!!! I started doing the biggest loser Cardio Max this past week...and lost 1.2 pounds!!!

The positive thing is that....I DID NOT gain any weight doing the shred!!!! It was hard for me to keep at it...because I like and need the scales to move in my favor!!!!

The not gaining is helpful. :) I've been dieting & working out since 2/14, but I've moved to a pretty strict diet of mostly veggies and fruits for a week and a half now. Do you mind me asking about your food intake while you did the 30DS?
    My diary is open...I am by no means good at this yet!! But you can look back through March and see what I did!! I didn't stick to just veggies and fruit!!! I love meat!!
  • goddessofmath
    goddessofmath Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Sorry.....I lost over 10 inches doing the 30 Day Shred this March.....but I did not lose any weight!!! Not enough cardio!!! I started doing the biggest loser Cardio Max this past week...and lost 1.2 pounds!!!

The positive thing is that....I DID NOT gain any weight doing the shred!!!! It was hard for me to keep at it...because I like and need the scales to move in my favor!!!!

The not gaining is helpful. :) I've been dieting & working out since 2/14, but I've moved to a pretty strict diet of mostly veggies and fruits for a week and a half now. Do you mind me asking about your food intake while you did the 30DS?
    My diary is open...I am by no means good at this yet!! But you can look back through March and see what I did!! I didn't stick to just veggies and fruit!!! I love meat!!

Yeah I've been having protein too and dairy, but I've been pulling back in the carbs a lot. :) Thanks for being willing to share!
  • angievaughn
    angievaughn Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I did nothing else during March besides the 30 Day Shred...I wanted to see what results just doing that video woulg give me!!! I have plenty to lose!!! So, I was happy with inches.....

Others are doing more than just the video...so if you really want to lose the weight...I would add more cardio to the workout!! 20 minutes was more than enough for me when I was doing the video!!!

good luck to you!!!
  • brnsgrsbody
    brnsgrsbody Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Round 1 I combined with walking and/or stationary bike for 30-60 min in addition to shred...I lost 14.3 lbs.

Round 2 same, combining it with extra cardio.....completed day 21 today. As of day 15, 6 lbs lost since start of rou.d 2.

The extra cardio is the key if you expect to lose actual weight. The toning part is exceptional by itself. When I initially did 30 Day Shred after my baby in 2009 or early 2010 I lost weight and inches because I incorporated 30 -45 minutes or cardio as well. I actually built up to taking an extra Les Mills BODYPUMP class during the week too.
  • 123Jude
    123Jude Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I just read this post, and did my one-click-buy on amazon about 30seconds ago, and finally bought the 30day shred!!
    I really hope it does give me the boost i need, combined with 40 mins cardio 3/4times a week. I shall post any postive results after 10 days or so :)

for those who have used the DVD before, do I need weights/ a mat/ or anything whilst doing the workouts?? x
  • fishermanwife
    Options
    TODAY SHOULD BE DAY 2 BUT OMG I CANT MOVE LOL MY LEGS HURT SO BAD AND MY ARMS HURT SO MUCH ITS HARD TO PICK UP MY 9 MONTH OLD LOL I THINK IM GOING TO REST AND MAKE TOMORROW DAY 2
  • savannahgro
    savannahgro Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I have slowly been doing the shred (starting level 3 today) and since I've started it (Feb 22nd) at 139 lbs, today just reaching 130.8 lbs.
    I have also paired most days of the shred with 30-50 minutes of stationary bike afterward, depending on how I was feeling. Usually at the start of each level I only did the dvd though.
    I don't know if it makes a difference but I'm on my feet at work all days as well, so I have my activity level at lightly active (which might be an understatement)
  • Dawn111567
    Options
    TODAY SHOULD BE DAY 2 BUT OMG I CANT MOVE LOL MY LEGS HURT SO BAD AND MY ARMS HURT SO MUCH ITS HARD TO PICK UP MY 9 MONTH OLD LOL I THINK IM GOING TO REST AND MAKE TOMORROW DAY 2

I think that we all felt like that after the first day but once you get moving in the warm up your muscles loosen up some and it becomes much easier.
  • MoonMyst3
    MoonMyst3 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I have lost 5lbs and have only completed Day 13. I eat protein, keep around my daily calorie goal and only do the 30DS as exercise. I haven't measured the inch loss yet but am down 2 pant sizes. I have about 75lbs to lose. I have also noticed an increase in muscle tone. Yes, all in just 13 days!!

I would recommend this workout and believe you will be pleasantly surprised with the results. Good luck!
  • rurukidoo
    rurukidoo Posts: 54
    Options
    Good to know that it has worked for others. I just started this today, and it did totally knock me sideways, I'm glad I got through till the end though and I am determined to see it through to the end of the 30 days. No more excuses for me! I'll most likely be doing other things along side this, but I do think this will give me a kick in the right direction!
    Would be good to keep in touch with others who are at around the same day as me for encouragement! =)
  • sexyprincess69
    Options
    I am on day 8 on the 30 day shred i have not notice any weight lost or inches as yet. I have also incorporated 30 min of brisk walk on the treadmill. I will keep on trying for a month to see how I am doing. Will keep you posted with my results:smile
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    Yes but you have to add cardio. I would run 1-2 miles a day in addition to the shred. You can always up your miles if you are comfortable.

In 2009 I completed the shred for 45 days w/ running 1 mile and lost 8 lbs but didn't record inches.

I did another round of 45 days this past January-Feburary and ran 2 miles a day: Results 6.5 lbs loss | 3.5" off waist | 1.5" off hips

I'm sure if you eat healthy and lots of water you will see even greater results! :wink:
  • angelnsu21
    Options
    Today will be day 3 for me...maybe we can keep each other motivated!! I have pounds to lose, but inches is what im aiming for and toning. I dont want to be all lose skinned when I lose all my weight and I think this is a good way to make sure I'm not!
  • angelnsu21
    Options

I was like that the day before yesterday, but once you get moving, the pain goes away...work through it and you will feel better! (Well atleast I did lol) but I will do day three today and Im still sore lol
  • marielenrdz
    marielenrdz Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I worked out on the 30 day shred for about 3 weeks, alternating the workouts. I never stayed with one level for a week, and then switch. Each day, I alternated levels. The scale didn't move much, but the amazing thing is that clothes that didn't fit me, suddenly fit very well. I went down a size even though the scale hadn't gone down a whole lot. I had gained 10 lbs during my hiatus and lost them before starting the shred. Now, I wear a smaller size at this weight than I did the last time I weighed 144. Does that make sense? I think the shred really built up my muscle and core allowing me to actually be smaller this time at 144 than before.
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I was like that the day before yesterday, but once you get moving, the pain goes away...work through it and you will feel better! (Well atleast I did lol) but I will do day three today and Im still sore lol

I agree. The day after I started, I was having trouble walking up and down the stairs. I made myself do it again though because I know me and a rest day would have become two or three. I felt a lot better after i did day 2.
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    Yes but you have to add cardio. I would run 1-2 miles a day in addition to the shred. You can always up your miles if you are comfortable.

In 2009 I completed the shred for 45 days w/ running 1 mile and lost 8 lbs but didn't record inches.

I did another round of 45 days this past January-Feburary and ran 2 miles a day: Results 6.5 lbs loss | 3.5" off waist | 1.5" off hips

I'm sure if you eat healthy and lots of water you will see even greater results! :wink:

So do you just do 15 days at each level?
  • pjfmaui73
    pjfmaui73 Posts: 408
    Options
    I am combining 30 Day shred with extra cardio (walk/jogging). My goal is 500 cal burn a day so I can't get that with just the video. If you are using it with good nutrtion and have 75lbs to lose I think that you would lose regardless.

Good luck!
    Ang

I totally agree with this! When I start MFP in Feb. I had 75 lbs to lose. I started Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 and did it the month of March. I also did cardio like biking, hiking, Just Dance 2, & walking. I also ate well 90% of the time and was under my calorie goal 99% of the time. I lost 8.8lbs and 10+ inches and went from a size 18 to a 14 :bigsmile:

I love Jillian and I continue to do Ripped week 4 3x/wk. I wish you the very best!!! :flowerforyou: Pam
  • cutmd
    cutmd Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Heck yeah, and for the most part I did no additional cardio (occasional walk). Really transformed my body, it's the best
  • becalee26
    becalee26 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I am on day 4 today and I am also doing C25k along with it. I am hoping to loose some weight but it it's only inches i'll be happy with that
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!