Looking for a protein pancake recipe.

Options

Replies

• gnutrifitness
    gnutrifitness Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I just came from write a new post called zero carbs, low fat pancakes. They are delicious, zero carbs, low fat and high fiber and protein!:smooched:
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    I use:

1/2 Cup Cottage Cheese
    1/2 Cup Egg Beaters
    1/2 Cup Oatmeal

Blend in a blender until smooth. Make pancakes in a skillet with cooking spray.

I make a topping by putting berries in a small bowl, fill with just enough sugar free pancake syrup to cover, and microwave for a minute or two until bubbly.

Yum!

Now I'm not at all happy with the protein shake I brought to work today for breakfast!

made this for breakfast. My wife got to it before I put the syrup on it and she declared that it tastes like fried oatmeal. With syrup it is pretty good and filling, but it's not the same without. I didn't try the berry topping, but I definitely think that would have helped.
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    I use the cottage cheese recipe from vegitarian epicure but with ricotta cheese (low fat). There is only 2/3 cup flour and you seperate the eggs. They are like mini souffles. The stay with you all day and satisfy you before you have had many. They taste great with fruit. However the point really is any of the cottage cheese [ancakes can be made with low fat ricotta as well. It is so creamy tasting. I am going to try that with some of the recipes above.
  • karissastephens
    karissastephens Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    bump
  • stephica
    stephica Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    These are some of my fav high protein pancakes… from the “Eat Clean Diet” cookbook!

Ingredients:
    6 egg whites, beaten until fluffy
    1/2 cup low-fat cottage cheese (1% MF)
    1 scoop protein powder (plain or vanilla)
    1/2 cup oatmeal
    1/4 cup wheat germ
    1/4 cup ground flax
    1tsp baking powder
    1tbsp canola oil
    1/2 tsp cinnamon
    cooking spray
    optional: 1 cup blueberries or berries of your choice

Directions:
    Place all ingredients (except beaten egg whites) in food processor and blend until mixture is combined.
    Pour blended ingredients into a bowl and fold in beaten egg whites. Fold until just blended. (If using berries, add at this time)
    Spray griddle/pan with cooking spray. Ladle pancake mixture onto griddle and cook until both sides are golden brown.
    Top with your favorite healthy ingredients–fruit, nut butters, maple syrup, yogurt, unsweetened applesauce…..
    Makes 6 pancakes

Nutrition Info:
    Per 2 pancake serving 283calories, 10.5g fat, 21g protein, 4.5g fibre, 0.3g sugar, 198mg sodium

I LOVED these, I used greek yogurt instead of cottage cheese.
  • Raynedancer
    Raynedancer Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Lots of good recipes to try here...thanks so much. Bumping it so I can find it :wink:

Bumpity-Bump
  • Sara2525
    Sara2525 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    do mine as straight up protein pancakes/waffles

1 scoop vanilla protein powder
    1 egg
    splash of vanilla
    splenda to tase
    cinnamon to taste
    1/2 t baking powder
    enough water to make the right consistancy for either pancakes (runny) or waffles (thicker)

Makes 2 waffles

I made these on Saturday morning and they were delicious. I used banana flavored protein powder and even my kids loved them without syrup!

Thanks for sharing!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    bump, and for those who say "to taste" I am not sure what pancake batter should taste like so any other estimate-like a spoonful or a pinch or something?
  • Raptorwild
    Options
    I was so excited when I saw AZ. There is a restaurant here in Tempe that serves protein pancakes that are awesome! They have blueberries and granola or oat meal for sure but not sure what else. I was hoping to find the closest recipe to add to my diary. Thanks for all the recipes I will try one and maybe modify until I get to the right taste.
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    I make the oatmeal cottage cheese pancakes above but use part skim ricotta cheese and a whole egg instead. My son loves them too. The stay with you all day.
  • significance
    significance Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Another way to increase the protein in pancakes or bread is to substitute chick pea flour for some of the wheat flour in the recipe.
  • cmowat13
    cmowat13 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sheetsofheaven
    sheetsofheaven Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    bump.....this is a gotta try!!
  • laurenbaumbach
    Options
    1/2 C low fat/ fat free cottage cheese
    1/2 C oats
    1/2 egg whites
    1 packet splenda
    Cinnimon/ cocoa if desired

I always do them with cinnimon and i'll add blueberries and eat them with sugar free maple syrup- soooo yummy!!
  • JohnnyNull
    JohnnyNull Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    My protein pancakes are:

* Mix pancake batter
    * Add can of tuna
    * Cook normally
  • sheetsofheaven
    sheetsofheaven Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    My protein pancakes are:

* Mix pancake batter
    * Add can of tuna
    * Cook normally

sorry, but EEEWWW!!!
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    PROTEIN PANCAKES, DIFFERENT TYPES: Banana: Serv 4. 12 egg whites, 1.5c dry oats, 2c cottage cheese, 1/2c mashed nana (about 1 lg. nana), 1 tsp. baking powder, cinnamon, vanilla & splenda.

Pumpkin: Serv 1, 4 egg whites, 1/4c dry oats, 1/2c cottage cheese, 4tbs pumpkin puree (1/4c), 1/4tsp baking powder, pumpkin pie spice (or all spice), splenda to taste.

Blueberry: Serv 1, 3 egg whites, 1/4c dry oats, 1/2c cottage cheese, 1/4c blueberries (fresh only), 1/4ysp baking powder, splenda.

Strawberry: Serv 2, 6 egg whites, 3/4c dry oats, 1c strawberries (fresh only), 1/2tsp baking powder, splenda & vanilla.

Apple or Pear Cinnamon: Serv 4, 16 egg whites, 1.5c dry oats, 2c cottage cheese, 1.5c chopped apple (about 1 lg), 1tsp baking powder, splenda, cinnamon.

Peach Pie: Serv 2, 6 egg whites, 3/4c dry oats, 1c cottage cheese, 1 sm. peach - about 3/4c), 1/2tsp baking powder, dash of nutmeg, vanilla & splenda.

Lemon Poppyseed: 1/2c Cottage Cheese, 1/2c dry oats, 4 egg whites, 1/4c splenda, 1tbs poppy seeds, 1/4tsp lemon oil (not extract nor juice - must be oil), 1/4tsp baking powder.

Raspberry Almond: Serv 1, 1/2c Cottage cheese, 1/3c dry oats, 3 egg whites, 1/4c splenda, 1/2c raspberries, 1/4tsp almond extract, 1/4tsp baking powder.

Chocolate: Serv 1, 1/3c dry oats, 2-3tbs cocoa, 4 egg whites, 1/2c cottage cheese, 1/3c splenda, 1/4tsp baking powder, a splash of vanilla. **Blend the oats into a powder. Add cocoa, then add everything else on top (otherwise the cocoa will go everywhere). Blend and cook like the rest. You may need to add a bit of water if it gets too thick.

I usually just make them with 1/2 cup dry oats, 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 3 egg white, 1/2 tsp vanilla extract, 1/4 tsp cinamon.
  • JohnnyNull
    JohnnyNull Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    My protein pancakes are:

* Mix pancake batter
    * Add can of tuna
    * Cook normally

sorry, but EEEWWW!!!

Hahaha! My fiancée agrees with you. I find them tasty. I bet if someone ate them without knowing what was in them, they'd find them alright too. But, I am odd.
  • smash0719
    smash0719 Posts: 15
    Options
    I got this recipe from the Hungry-Girl cookbook and they were pretty delish! Just had them the other night!!

Blueberry Apple Pancake Shake-Up

Ingredients
    1/3 cup regular oats (not instant)
    2 tablespoons dry pancake mix
    1/3 cup peeled and finely chopped apples
    1/4 cup blueberries
    1/4 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute
    1 tablespoon fat-free cottage cheese
    1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1 tablespoon splenda no calorie sweetener (granulated)
    dash of salt

Directions
    Place all ingredients except for the blueberries and apples in a medium bowl. Add 3 tablespoons of water ans stir until thoroughly mixed.

Gently fold in apples and blueberries.

Over medium heat, in a large pan sprayed with nonstick spray, evenly pour batter to form 3 pancakes. Once pancakes begin to look solid (after about 3 minutes), gently flip.

Cook for 3 additional minutes or until both sides are lightly browned and insides are cooked through. Now plate your pancakes and enjoy.

PER SERVING (3 pancakes):
    252 calories, 2.5g fat, 517mg sodium, 44g carbs, 4g fiber, 12g sugars, 13g protein
    POINTS®value 4*
  • carriehughes456
    Options
    I use Buck Wheat Pancake mix. Very tasty! It has 5 proteins and 3 grams of fiber. Add protein mix to it as suggested by other members. 1/3 cup has 140 calories. I love the idea of using the fruit for a topping by putting in the microwave. YUMMY