6 (5 ounce) salmon fillets
    3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
    3 tablespoons orange blossom honey
    1 pinch brown sugar
    2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
    salt and pepper to taste
    lime slices for garnish
    Directions
    1.Place salmon fillets in a 9x13 inch baking dish. In a small bowl, stir together the lime juice, honey, brown sugar, and olive oil. Pour over the salmon. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes to marinate. ( I marinate overnight)
    2.Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (220 degrees C). Season the salmon with salt and pepper.
    3.Bake for 15 minutes in the center of the preheated oven, or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Garnish with lime slices, and serve immediately.

Calories: 308 | Total Fat: 18.2g | Cholesterol: 70mg
  • MzSassyT
    MzSassyT Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello I just sign up today...I made salmon pattys the other nite...
    2 cans of salmon drained
    2 eggs
    1 pkg.of spinach cook and drain out excess water
    Put all ingredants in a bowl and mix together..pat out into patty ..bake at 375 until litely brown...there awesome
  • lily1972
    lily1972 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I just marinate it for several hours (if possible) in light zesty italian salad dressing and bake it at 400 degrees for 8 to 15 minutes (half salmon) depending on thickness. Simply delicious and most importantly, my kids love it too!
  • brookesready
    brookesready Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I like my salmon sweet & tangy.

Maple & Soy:

1 T. Low sodium soy sauce
    1 T. Pure maple syrup

Let sit at least 15 minutes. Either bake or grill

Grilled Alaskan Salmon (this ones my favorite)

1/4 C. Soy sauce
    1/4 C. Olive oil
    1/4 C. Brown sugar
    Lemon Pepper
    Garlic Salt

Sprinkle Garlic Salt and Lemon Pepper to taste. Mix Soy sauce, olive oil and brown sugar in bowl. Let salmon marinate for at least 2 hours. Grill.
  • Alice37
    Alice37 Posts: 29
    Options
    Some fab ideas!

I like to cook fresh salmon steaks with a squeeze of lemon juice on my George Foreman. I make a sauce with half fat creme fraiche, lemon juice, white pepper, loads of fresh dill & some chopped capers. I heat it through in the microwave, pour over the cooked salmon then serve with new potatoes, steamed veg or salad.
  • jenniferhanks
    jenniferhanks Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    This is a family favorite at my house.

salmon
    2 tbs soy sauce
    2 tbs lemon juice
    1 tomato
    1/2 onion
    salt and pepper

Line a baking dish with aluminum foil with enough left on the sides in order to cover the salmon. Place salmon in center of dish. Dice tomato and onion and place into a bowl. Add soy sauce and lemon juice and mix into a salsa. Place salsa directly over the fish. Salt and pepper to taste. Cover salmon with remainder of foil. Bake in oven until salmon is fully cooked. Soooo YUM!
  • Becca_007
    Becca_007 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    bump
  • JanW01
    JanW01 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Everything sounds great. Bumping for later. :smile:
  • MirandaJayne
    MirandaJayne Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    25-30 mins! Oh man. 8 minutes under the highest temp on broil.

Sprinkle of sea sald, dried dill, lemon. 4 minutes one side. flip, 4 minutes the other side. Voila!

I'm talking a whole fresh salmon, not those pre-packaged, par cooked "8-10 minutes to cook" pieces that you find in the frozen food section, lol.

Ah! Ok, I get the whole salmon too but when I buy it i slice it into individual servings and freeze or refridgerate the rest for another day.
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    Baked Zingy Salmon & Pasta

Salmon steaks
    Onion
    Yellow or orange bell pepper
    Lime
    Lemon
    Ginger
    Soy sauce
    Mirrin (if you have it)
    Hot chilli pepper
    Creme fraiche

Fry finely sliced onion slowly in a non stick pan without oil until it's very soft and slightly brown, add roughly chopped garlic & thinly sliced red bell pepper and fry, stir in the zest and juice of a lemon and lime (halving then microwaving them for 20 seconds gets loads more juice out btw) soy sauce, mirrin, and the finely chopped or grated ginger & thinly sliced hot chilli pepper.

Turn the sides up on a large foil square, saving a little liquid, place the mixture on the foil, top with pieces of salmon and pour over the rest of the liquid.

Form into a parcel, and bake in a VERY slow oven for 45 minutes. Cook pasta to serve with it, any shape that holds sauce will do, but not spaghetti for instance.

To serve, put the salmon aside for a moment on a warm plate and stir together a little creme fraiche with the mixture that's left in the bottom of the foil parcel - pour that over the hot pasta, stir it in, and serve it with the salmon.

It takes a bit of time to put together but the salmon parcel can be prepared the day before and kept in the fridge - ideal for entertaining as it gives you the max time with your guests, plus it seems far more indulgent than it is. :)
  • dodier01
    dodier01 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    BUMP! Yummy Salmon recipes! :)
  • JE55Y
    JE55Y Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Mmm... Salmon en croute is so nice but I'm not sure how many calories per portion. It's probably too many but I'm sure you could make a low calorie version.
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    Mmm... Salmon en croute is so nice but I'm not sure how many calories per portion. It's probably too many but I'm sure you could make a low calorie version.
    Pastry is brutal for calories, you'd have to roll it pretty thin and even then it would have to be a treat.

Maybe something could be done with filo pastry, which is bad but not as utterly ridiculous calorie wise as puff pastry?
  • doriday
    doriday Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    bump
  • JE55Y
    JE55Y Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Pastry is brutal for calories, you'd have to roll it pretty thin and even then it would have to be a treat.

Maybe something could be done with filo pastry, which is bad but not as utterly ridiculous calorie wise as puff pastry?

I only have it as a treat and I have salad with it with a very light dressing.

I had a salmon fillet with no sauce a few weeks ago and I thought it was really bland. I guess it was missing the pastry and the lovely creamy sauce :P
  • mom23nuts
    mom23nuts Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    a little mayo mixed with spicy brown mustard mixed and brushed on the salmon is good '

or we do sticky fish

1pk or low sodium soy sauce
    1t honey
    1t hoisin sauce
    minced garlic
    ginger....mix it all up and brush it on the fish and add a few sesame seeds on top and bake
  • bbush18
    bbush18 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    My family and I have salmon at least once a week! We like marinating ours for at least an hour in thr fridge with low sodium soy sauce and bourbon (equal parts.) Then we either grill them or throw them in a pan for about 5 mins on each side with a quick drizzle of honey and some pepper. :) Serve with lemon wedges.
  • mikrch01
    mikrch01 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • humbug12
    humbug12 Posts: 18
    Options
    bump :)
  • Simone1970
    Options
    I love salmon and eat it about once a week. I like it two different ways:

First way is to squeeze lemon all over it and then sprinkle basil on it. I then place a couple of lemon wedges on top and bake it in the over. Or if you are camping like I was when I first tried this recipe, you can wrap it up in tin foil and place over an open fire for about 40 minutes.

The other way I like it is to marinade it in a Sesame Ginger (Lowry's has a good marinade as do the generic store brands) and bake it in the oven for 35-40 minutes. You can also cook it over an open fire too!

Bon Appetite!