what diet is everyone on?

Options
I was just wondering if there was a diet that was working for the majority of the people. I always have trouble getting started (and sticking) to a diet!! I did Weight Watchers a few year ago and did good (while I was on it) and then gained the weight back. My hubby always wants to start the low (or no) carb diets...but I don't like giving up ALL carbs and he doesn't stick to the diet anyway.

I know different people respond differently to the different diets, but I just want / need suggestions!!!

Replies

• healthyandthin
    healthyandthin Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'm not on a diet. I'm changing my lifestyle. I'm now a vegan.
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I'm on the Use-Common-Sense-And-Don't-Eat-Like-A-Moron diet.

It works.
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I'm on the eat sensibly and exercise regularly "diet." :)
  • Krys_T
    Krys_T Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    Im not actually on a "diet" but I Eat Clean. I would google Clean Eating and you will get a ton of info on it. Tosca Reno also wrote a book called, "The Eat Clean Diet" it is basically eliminating processed foods, white flours, white sugar...eating a lot of whole grains, reducing sodium...a lot of fresh fruit and veggies, eating 5 to 6 times a day and every meal has a complex carbs and lean protein. I also wrote a blog post breaking it down a little.

www.krystlesweightloss.blogspot.com

You will feel amazing and have so much more energy. It is really how a lot of "healthy" people have been eating for years and you can still eat a lot of wonderful things!
  • karilynn27
    karilynn27 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    This site is not a diet tool its really a lifestyle tool. Dieting doesn't work. If you are looking for a quick fix, this isn't the place. Just stick to low cal and follow the rules of MFP and you will do well and have success.
  • LixxiKitti
    LixxiKitti Posts: 116
    Options

It works.
    oh, snap, me too!! but I thought it was called the Stop-and-think-before-you-put-that-in-your-mouth diet? or is it the you-cant-just-do-no-exercise diet?

either way, it works :)
  • Dawn111567
    Options
    Currently I eat a low carb diet. I have been eating this way for almost 1 1/2 years and wouldn't change it. I am at the last 10-12 pounds of my weight loss and am pretty much in maintenance. If I don't lose anymore I will be content if I can tone up some.

I have done Weight Watchers a few times and lost weight those times but was never able to maintain it for any length of time because I always ended up being hungry all the time. This way of eating for me is great because I don't get as hungry and my blood sugar levels are always stable unlike when I did Weight Watchers.
  • Dlhigh
    Dlhigh Posts: 72 Member
    Options

It works.

i love it!

141041.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • ducksinarow
    Options
    LOL....but if I could trust myself to eat right and not like a moron...I would be 60 pounds lighter...I need more structure to get started unfortunately.
  • KellyBurton1
    KellyBurton1 Posts: 529 Member
    Options

It works.

:laugh:
  • vanfox23
    vanfox23 Posts: 110
    Options
    I'm not on a diet. I'm changing my lifestyle.

I have to agree with this. I don't consider what I am doing a diet because I'll never be able to go back to the way I was eating before. I have to do something that is sustainable for the rest of my life.
  • christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    Options

It works.

LOL!
  • michz
    michz Posts: 102
    Options

-Love that red01angel

That's what I'm on too!
  • lavaflow99
    lavaflow99 Posts: 61 Member
    Options

It works.

This is my diet. Works like a charm.
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options

It works.

^^LIKE^^

:laugh:
    Same here!
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options

It works.

Loved the way you put that, that's the same 'diet' I'm on :tongue:
  • live2smyle
    live2smyle Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I'm on the eat sensibly and exercise regularly "diet." :)
    This
  • cptino
    cptino Posts: 46 Member
    Options

It works.

Me too! It;s awesome :) LOL!
  • pretentiouskate
    Options
    I'm just watching portions and eating more veggies and healthy things ... swapping out whole wheat pasta and brown rice for their more processed counterparts, avoiding really fatty things and cookies.

I can't stand following all sorts of rules, so I just try to eat sensibly, count calories, and when I want something, I eat it! I've had cookies, pizza, donuts, chocolate, and drinks - just in small amounts, worked in to my day. If I go over by a few hundred calories once or twice a week, I shrugg and focus on making the next day, rather than freaking out.

I'm seeing results - maybe not as fast as I could if I were sticking to 1200 calories a day, but I AM seeing results that I'm happy with.
  • emdeegan
    emdeegan Posts: 219 Member
    Options

It works.

This is my diet. Works like a charm.

agreed!