The Twilight Saga...

Options
mizzymiz
mizzymiz Posts: 417 Member
Okay, so maybe I am 24 going on 12 but I cannot stop reading these books! I am just into the 4th one right now (Breaking Dawn) and am going crazy that I have to be at work right now and not home reading!!!

Anyone else share my (somewhat slight) obsession? I mean, I love my husband but I am thinking that a hot vampire may be a nice change! :laugh: :heart:

Replies

• mizzymiz
    Options
    Okay, so maybe I am 24 going on 12 but I cannot stop reading these books! I am just into the 4th one right now (Breaking Dawn) and am going crazy that I have to be at work right now and not home reading!!!

Anyone else share my (somewhat slight) obsession? I mean, I love my husband but I am thinking that a hot vampire may be a nice change! :laugh: :heart:
  • DBranchaud
    DBranchaud Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    I've heard that they're some pretty good books. I have yet to get my hands on them.
  • danarochelle
    danarochelle Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Ok, I don't read them but my daughters swears by them! She's 14 and absolutely loves the series! Now she wants to go see the movie in December. :tongue:
  • ms61840
    ms61840 Posts: 29
    Options
    I was addicted too and I'm 36! I bought the first one on a Friday afternoon and was done with it by the time I went to sleep Saturday night! Those babies are pretty hefty, so this was no small feat! I just hope the movie is as good as the books...
  • mizzymiz
    Options
    They definitely are for teens, but I know so many people my age and older that love them... and I will definitely be going to see the movie - probably to be surrounded by people your daughter's age drcupp!
  • Vanessa414
    Options
    Uh, yeah, i love them.

They are VERY teeny but they're so well written!!

I finished the 4th book about 2 months ago.

I'm really nervous about the movie though, i have this feeling that its going to ruin the books for me...

... I'm gonna see it anway. :laugh:
  • jenifergotti
    jenifergotti Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh! I am so addicted! Each book only took me a weekend to read. My Hubby is a computer gamer and he told me that "now I know how you feel when I won't get off my computer!" I almost died laughing! (How many calories does that burn?? J/K) Anyway, we are having a girls night out on Nov.21st to go see the movie and have dinner after. There are 37 of us crazy girls - only 4 of that number is daughters! (Hee hee) So it is not only for teenagers! :happy:
  • irreligiouspiety07
    Options
    Hate.

Hate.
  • mizzymiz
    Options
    Oh my gosh! I am so addicted! Each book only took me a weekend to read. My Hubby is a computer gamer and he told me that "now I know how you feel when I won't get off my computer!" I almost died laughing! (How many calories does that burn?? J/K) Anyway, we are having a girls night out on Nov.21st to go see the movie and have dinner after. There are 37 of us crazy girls - only 4 of that number is daughters! (Hee hee) So it is not only for teenagers! :happy:

:laugh: HA! Us too! We are going to have these 'vampire' martinis that a local bar makes and then go see the movie on opening night too! I love it! My husband teases me about it all the time and always jokes about how 'he's just too human for me....' :laugh:
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Ok, I don't read them but my daughters swears by them! She's 14 and absolutely loves the series! Now she wants to go see the movie in December. :tongue:

Mine too! We had to go to a book release party for the most recent of the series, if you get a chance it was actually kind of nice to see kids that age, and some older kids (ya I'm talking about anyone over 20 :wink: ). There were trivia contests and activities and stickers the whole bit. Nothing like being up until 2am for a copy of a book! :laugh:
  • Angiebangie
    Angiebangie Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Yes, I too could not put them down, and it was all I could do to wait for Breaking Dawn to come out!!! I'm sad that the series is over (it is isn't it?), but I did read her new book written for adults (yes, the others were actually a teen series). It's called The Host, and it was equally riveting!

Movie-goers, finish the series first, even if that means having to wait to see the movie on DVD, they're never as good as the books!

Angie
  • jenifergotti
    jenifergotti Posts: 325 Member
    Options

:laugh: HA! Us too! We are going to have these 'vampire' martinis that a local bar makes and then go see the movie on opening night too! I love it! My husband teases me about it all the time and always jokes about how 'he's just too human for me....' :laugh:

Awsome!! We are also ordering these goofy pins for each lady that says " My relationship survived the twilight series". I know it's cheesy, but fun.
  • pinkyjane48
    Options
    omg I'm 24 and I love the darn series. I got hooked. Actually, like 10 of us at work did and we all finished all 4 books in one week! I was surprised that I was so interested in it.. I think the author started to notice that we were adults reading this thing tho, b/c the last 2 books were getting a bit, um, suggestive? lol.

Im so looking forward to the movie- we are all going together here at work!
  • mizzymiz
    Options
    Yes, I too could not put them down, and it was all I could do to wait for Breaking Dawn to come out!!! I'm sad that the series is over (it is isn't it?), but I did read her new book written for adults (yes, the others were actually a teen series). It's called The Host, and it was equally riveting!

Movie-goers, finish the series first, even if that means having to wait to see the movie on DVD, they're never as good as the books!

Angie

Okay, this will give away how obsessed I am ---

I too was bummed that the series was over, but while poking around the author's website ran into a little something called 'Midnight Sun' which is the story from Edward's perspective. Unfortunately someone leaked it onto the internet after Stepenie finished 12 chapters so it's put on hold indefinitely right now, but Stephenie did provide the first 12 chapters for her fans to read....

http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/midnightsun.html

And just when you thought you were free of the Twilight pull, it sucks you back in... :wink:
  • mizzymiz
    Options

Awsome!! We are also ordering these goofy pins for each lady that says " My relationship survived the twilight series". I know it's cheesy, but fun.

Ha! I love that!!!:laugh: I saw a girl wearing a shirt the other day that said: 'Real boys have lost their appeal' and I had to chuckle. Also, one of my co-workers is dressing her toddlers up in Twilight fashion - the boy is going as a lion, and the girl as a lamb. So cute. :laugh:
  • tall_t
    tall_t Posts: 251
    Options
    Just finished the third book, the fourth book is on hold at the library. I am 35 and I am really enjoying these books. I just have to remember they are for teens.
  • NewMK08
    NewMK08 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I love these books! I'm 23 and I have read all 4 books probably 5 times each...I'll finish the series and then start over with book 1-I can't get enough of 'em! Have y'all been watching the movie trailer and stuff on-line? The movie looks so good-I can't wait!! Back when I first started reading the books I made T-shirts declaring my love for Edward Cullen-My poor hubby! He saw them and was like, "Who is Edward?!?" :laugh: I'm glad I'm not the only one!
  • NewMK08
    NewMK08 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I was addicted too and I'm 36! I bought the first one on a Friday afternoon and was done with it by the time I went to sleep Saturday night! Those babies are pretty hefty, so this was no small feat! I just hope the movie is as good as the books...

I know what you mean about the movie-While the trailer looks good, I'm worried that it won't even come close to doing the book justice! Eek! Oh well-Does everyone like the actor they got to play Edward? I think they made a good choice-He's very cute...And yes, I do remember him from Harry Potter-I'm an avid Harry fan also! LoL! :laugh:
  • DjBliss05
    DjBliss05 Posts: 682
    Options
    Ok, so I bought Twilight and haven't gotten to it yet. (Don't tell anyone but my boyfriend is reading it, lol)

So glad to hear that if I get hooked I won't have to hide my obsession, lol.
  • melissa73
    melissa73 Posts: 368
    Options
    I loved the series.
    My 12 year old daughter got me hooked. We ended up buying the series. My 12 year old read all the books in 1 week. It is great to relate to my daughter with something. I love that she loves to read. She also read the vampire diaries books in 4 days.
    I to am afraid of what the movies will be like. We will see.:indifferent:
    Melissa