• jeannas
    jeannas Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Bump

These all sound delicious.
  • Newmammaluv
    Newmammaluv Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I've really gotten into steamed haricots verts or petite green beans. They have a little more delicate taste and they are super thin so they cook up quickly.
  • swimmermama
    swimmermama Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I love a baby spinach salad, with chunks of apple, red and orange peppers, a little bit of chunked cheese and usually a raspbery vinagrette dressing yum.

YUM. I would like one of these RIGHT NOW please!! :)
  • Supermel
    Supermel Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I enjoy a veggie sauce for fish or chicken or just to put over quinoa or wild rice. It sautees celery, onion, garlic for a few min in a touch of olive oil. Add in diced peppers and soten slightly. Then add in eggplant and zuchinii and diced tomatoes. Then add in 1/2 cup tomato sauce and parm. cheese and sliced olives. higher in sodium but soo yummy. You can also put this sauce over meat and bake with a bit of low fat mozza on top.
  • cjnorman
    cjnorman Posts: 93
    Options
    Just started making baked parsnip chips. Cut thin coat with oil of your choice and bake in the oven until brown on the edges. We have a year round farmers market, so it is nice to have a new way to use root vegetables.
  • Rascl93
    Rascl93 Posts: 9
    Options
    I like roasted brussel sprouts - cut in half and roast in a skillet with a little olive oil. Just until brown on the bottom. sometimes I throw in some onions and garlic. YUM
  • buckigirl
    buckigirl Posts: 10
    Options
    I love fresh green beans steamed in a pan with pine nuts or almonds. My fav is sliced zucinni and yellow squash with mini peppers (green, red, yellow, and orange) in a basket on the grill...mix in a little oil salt and pepper to taste...AWESOME!
  • stephierue
    stephierue Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I also love fresh or frozen green beans steamed & then tossed in a pan for just 2 minutes or so with a few drops of sesame oil, ginger, soy sauce & a dash of orange juice for some tanginess. I top with sesame seeds too if I have them. The whole family devours them.

The fresh spinach salad w/craisins, almonds (or any nuts), & raspberry dressing. Sometimes I'll add just a bit of feta or blue cheese.
  • 1crazymom
    1crazymom Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Oven roasted asparagus. A little olive oil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. So good!
  • stargzrlily
    stargzrlily Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Sauteed green beans with sesame oil,garlic and a dash of red pepper flakes. It's spicy but oh so good.
  • brendalyne
    brendalyne Posts: 497
    Options
    I put green beans on a baking sheet, spritz them with some olive oil & a little sea salt and bake them in a hot oven (425 degrees). Make sure they're in a single layer. Stir them around a few times until the edges are getting a little bit browned. I pretend they're french fries and eat them with my fingers! :happy:
  • Daisygurl7
    Daisygurl7 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    The asparagus drizzled with Olive Oil roasted in the oven is YUMMY!! I also put a little lime juice on it too. It's TASTY!!
    This is really good too!!
    http://escapefromobesity.blogspot.com/2010/03/cauliflower-pizza.html

Mashed Cauliflower made like mashed potatoes, with fresh garlic roasted in the oven is good.
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I love roasted asparagus, or roasted red onions, or roasted brussels sprouts, steamed broccoli, steamed green beans, roasted portobello mushrooms on a bed of spinach....for hot sides.

Cold: beautiful tomatoes, diced and tossed with a little balsamic vinegar; sunomono salad (I add bean sprouts to mine); spinach, clementine and red onion salad; red and yellow bell peppers, sauted with a little olive oil....
  • maryheightchew
    maryheightchew Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    bump
  • cheshirechic
    cheshirechic Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Roasted broccoli and cauliflower: cut into bite-size pieces, cut the broccoli stems into coin-sized pieces, toss with olive oil, salt, pepper, hot pepper flakes, and some chopped or grated garlic. Bake at 400F until tender--delish!

I also love roasted asparagus: tossed in olive oil, salt, and when it's almost done, hit it with a little grated pecorino romano.

OR brussel sprouts: render the fat out of a couple of slices of chopped nitrate-free bacon, add blanched brussel sprouts, salt and pepper, then finish with a teeny bit of balsamic vinegar after the brussels have caramelized.

Looove veggies. And bacon.