How do you get rid of Flabby Thighs?

Options
If there is one part of my body I would like to change that is my thighs.....despite losing three stone in two years and sticking to a strict walking exercise regime my inner thighs are still flabby! I know they say that it is harder to shift fat from places like hips, bums and thighs.... I am living proof of that....but I am desperate to try and tone my thighs up before my hols in June.....I am too embarassed to walk around in shorts or a swimming costume with my thighs wobbling about in their current state! Anybody have any good tips for thigh exercises that really work and which I can do everyday at home without going to a gym. Many thanks!

Replies

• superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels 30 day shred workiou video. Tones up everything. You can also run up and down your stairs.:flowerforyou:
  • Terri73
    Terri73 Posts: 238
    Options
    waiting for replies as its my problem too ........
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    squats and lunges and stairs
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Squats and lunges with weights.
  • drfalktorres
    drfalktorres Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I started running last spring AND the 30-day shred-- my legs never looked better. I would run 20-30 minutes (more like shuffle-- S-L-O-W)-- but I did it...and then come home and do the 30-day shred...totally made the difference!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I've been doing games (EA Active Sports on the Playstation) and videos that have a lot of squats and lunges since late January, and running starting with the C25K program since late December. My legs have never been tighter, even as a skinny teenager. :heart:
  • TLC1975
    TLC1975 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    All the exercise mentioned above AND a clean eating diet, no sugar, processed foods and limited fruit...diet is what gets rid of cellulite, weight training builds muscle and reshapes your body and cardio shrinks you...
    Good Luck
  • julieban1
    julieban1 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    yep, 30 day shred, squats & lunges!
  • ppiinnkkmmoonn
    Options
    im pear shape so i know and biking works boring but it works all the above exercises bulk me up
  • bigmamma56
    Options
    I thought the Jillian Michaels 30 day Shred DVD was only available in the USA....I have just checked it out on Amazon and found I can get it in the UK......brilliant....I'll order it and give it a go....I've got 49 days before my hols....so fingers crossed I might even get in a bikini yet!!!! LOL! Thanks for the recommendation.
  • bigmamma56
    Options
    Yes.... the dreaded orange peel Cellulite... Don't get me started on cellulite... thats another problem altogether!!!
  • Kasey_Ford
    Kasey_Ford Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    My mom is a personal trainer, and she showed me that placing an exercise ball in between your knees and squeezing will burn that right off. (Mine's shrunk an inch, and i've only done it twice). Place the ball directly between your knees so that your thighs rest on it. Squeeze and hold for a second, or bounce your legs together squeezing the ball. Do it til it burns, then do 2 more... (Quoting my mama). I was thinking of posting a video of her and me working out together; as long as MFP supports video files. (haven't checked) Good luck!!! You can do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • deema79
    deema79 Posts: 108
    Options
    Weighted Squats as well and Weighted Lunges. You should also do pliet (not sure of spelling) squats. i too had this horrible problem. Also, Brazil Butt Lift has a specific DVD (High and Tight) that is awesome for toning up the legs, thighs and booty.
    Squats and Lunges are the answer. Make sure you have the proper form, if not you will hurt yourself/knees.
  • Kasey_Ford
    Kasey_Ford Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    p.s. Don't ever do one muscle group every day! Vary it because you can damage your muscles by working them everyday! Sorry I left that out :/
  • tamiller93
    tamiller93 Posts: 195
    Options
    Try walking lunges. They will do amazing things for your upper legs. I try to do them at least 4 times a week.
  • bigmamma56
    Options
    I assume you mean the swiss exercise ball.....does this have to be any specific diameter? My son has got one which is 75cm in diameter..it looks a bit too big for me to squeeze between my knees!
  • sarahlouisah
    Options
    I also have the dreaded thunder thighs however since starting c25k they seem a lotmore toned hoping if i keep the jogging up as I lose more weight the effect will increase also it is shrinking my love handles and lower tummy (under belly button)
  • lkkyer
    lkkyer Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I even do squats while I brush my teeth.
  • partcho
    partcho Posts: 225
    Options
    my problems is that lunges make me really bulky. And squats work my glutes (which i need) but it doesn't really effect my thighs... They are still huge. When I started 30D Shred in feb same thing happened, I felt really bulky. But to be honest at that point I was just working out and it was before I really changed my diet to eating healthy. So I'm going to give 30D S another go, now that I've changed my diet. Maybe this will be the difference.
  • twinwolf
    twinwolf Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    The more muscle you build, the more easily your body burns fat. More strength training like has been suggested in many of the replies before mine are a good place to start. While it's true that you can't target fat loss, it is true that you can target muscle gain. Target your thighs with workouts twice a week that are specifically for that area. Lunges are great, squats are great, and so are many of the other leg machines available at most gyms if you have a gym membership. Good luck!