Low calorie pancakes 26 calories per serving

Ingredients
    3/4 c. cake flour
    2 tsp. baking powder
    1 tsp. salt
    3/4 c. skim milk
    2 egg whites
    Directions

1. Sprinkle dash of salt on egg whites and beat unti stiff, but not dry.

2. Add milk to flour and salt. Beat until smooth.

3. Add baking powder and beat a few seconds more

4. Fold in beaten egg whites.

5. stick in the pan till brown.
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    We just had 2 scrambled egg whites, 2 pieces of turkey bacon, 1 piece of low cal toast with jelly for 167 calories. It is SO good!
  • vgarg219
    vgarg219 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal!!!!! 160 calories plus the calories of milk if you use it....keeps you veryyy full!
  • jazgal
    jazgal Posts: 122
    Options
    I miss bread .. so .. this was my breakfast this morning and my solution to bread cravings ...

homemade flour griddled flat bread
    1/4 cup unbleached wheat flour
    pinch of salt
    aout 1/8 water

mix then knead it a little ... roll out on on floured board ... a little get off excess flour .. olive oil (optional) on each side ( very little) put on very hot flat dry cast iron pan ... turn a few times ( I use my fingers) ... will puff up in the middle

omlette .. 1 egg white and one whole egg ... a couple chopped mushrooms , a chopped slice of onion, little choped cilantro

when my flat bread is done I turn off the pan and it is hot enough to make my omlette ... a little spray (canola) .. add my onion, mushrooms .. turn , add egg mixture..

put my omlette on my flat bread .. pinch of ground sea salt (the only kind I use) .. couple teaspoons of pace salsa ...fold over and there ya go ... ends up under 200 cal .. about 24 carbs, 5 fat, 13 protein and 0 sugar ...

It sounds complcated but it is not ... I make these homemade flat breads all the time ... only takes a few minutes .... when I get that urge for bread.. great with soup etc.. flat bread ends up being 100 cal, 22 carbs., 3 protein, and 0 fats or sugar if you leave off the olive oil .. you can make 2 small ones or one bigger one ...
  • yummy♥
    yummy♥ Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    bumping for all the wonderful ideas!
  • hiba_b
    hiba_b Posts: 20
    Options
    I miss bread .. so .. this was my breakfast this morning and my solution to bread cravings ...

homemade flour griddled flat bread
    1/4 cup unbleached wheat flour
    pinch of salt
    aout 1/8 water

mix then knead it a little ... roll out on on floured board ... a little get off excess flour .. olive oil (optional) on each side ( very little) put on very hot flat dry cast iron pan ... turn a few times ( I use my fingers) ... will puff up in the middle

omlette .. 1 egg white and one whole egg ... a couple chopped mushrooms , a chopped slice of onion, little choped cilantro

when my flat bread is done I turn off the pan and it is hot enough to make my omlette ... a little spray (canola) .. add my onion, mushrooms .. turn , add egg mixture..

put my omlette on my flat bread .. pinch of ground sea salt (the only kind I use) .. couple teaspoons of pace salsa ...fold over and there ya go ... ends up under 200 cal .. about 24 carbs, 5 fat, 13 protein and 0 sugar ...

It sounds complcated but it is not ... I make these homemade flat breads all the time ... only takes a few minutes .... when I get that urge for bread.. great with soup etc.. flat bread ends up being 100 cal, 22 carbs., 3 protein, and 0 fats or sugar if you leave off the olive oil .. you can make 2 small ones or one bigger one ...

This is great, thank you for sharing. I love bread but have been trying to avoid it. Thanks again :)
  • ebgbjo
    ebgbjo Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jalm36
    jalm36 Posts: 12
    Options
    I like 2/3-3/4 cup oatmeal crisp with 4 oz nonfat greek yogurt (220-240 cal) and pretty filling

crepes with nutella and strawberries is also delicious
  • Kaldrmjolka
    Options
    :P I'm a sucker for some Yogurt, Vitamins, a hot mug of green/pomegranate tea, and some wheat toast.

So many amazing recipes, not sure which to make first!
  • Kaldrmjolka
    Options
    Also, I love a good tomato and onion omelette with some black pepper. :)
  • 2burn
    2burn Posts: 32
    Options
    1. Breakfast sandwich:
    1bagle thin-110 calories
    1tsp onion sauteed
    2 eggs whites- do not scramble
    Once u flip the eggs over place 1/2 slice of cheese on top and place eggs on bagel.

2. sautee onions, tomatoes, green bell pepper (if u want some meat, throw in diced turkey deli meat)
    1 egg, 2 egg whites.
    Heat two corn tortillas in a pan and you can make breakfast tacos with your egg filling or just have them on the side.

3. Trader Joe's oatmeal with 1/4 cup of blueberries.

I normally have black coffee with 2 splendas or crystal light limonade or water.
  • monylove311
    monylove311 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I almost always have quick oats with some sort of frozen unsweetened fruit and ground flax seed. This morning I had an egg white omelet with fat free shredded cheese, green bell pepper, roasted red pepper, mushroom, grape tomato, 1 slice of smartwhite bread with less than a tbsp of strawberry simply fruit. yummy!!
    Here is a recipe for pancakes from Jamie Eason.

Pumpkin Spice Pancakes
    Calories: 64
    Fat: 1.3 grams
    Carbs: 9.5 grams
    Protein: 3.5 grams
    Sugar: 0 grams
    Ingredients:
    • 1 1/2 cups oat flour
    • 2 tbsp Splenda, Truvia, or Ideal
    • 1 tbsp baking powder
    • 1/2 tsp salt
    • 2 tbsp cinnamon
    • 1/4 tsp allspice
    • 1/4 tsp nutmeg
    • 4 egg whites
    • 1/2 cup raw pumpkin
    • 1 1/2 cups unsweetened Almond Breeze
    Directions:
    1. Preheat griddle to medium heat.
    2. Mix oat flour, Splenda, Truvia, or Ideal, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, allspice and nutmeg in a bowl.
    3. Wisk egg whites and pumpkin. Mix in Almond Breeze.
    4. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix together.
    5. Spray griddle with non-stick butter spray.
    6. Scoop batter with a 1/4 cup measuring cup onto griddle. Cook 3-5 minutes on a side.
    Makes 10 pancakes.

OMG... I love pumpkin. what's the serving?
  • monylove311
    monylove311 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Low calorie pancakes 26 calories per serving

Ingredients
    3/4 c. cake flour
    2 tsp. baking powder
    1 tsp. salt
    3/4 c. skim milk
    2 egg whites
    Directions

1. Sprinkle dash of salt on egg whites and beat unti stiff, but not dry.

2. Add milk to flour and salt. Beat until smooth.

3. Add baking powder and beat a few seconds more

4. Fold in beaten egg whites.

5. stick in the pan till brown.

Thanks!, is that one serving?