Don't judge other people!! :(

Options
I've seen this happen on more than one occasion (in forums, blogs, profiles, etc!). I've been getting upset, but I read a recent blog where the owner actually argued and said that his/her way was the "proper" way. Frankly, it's shameful! Whether it's someone complaining, or insulting, or laughing at another - it's just not right. :grumble:

Who CARES if a person is "only" walking on the treadmill instead of running like you? Who CARES if someone parks next to the door at the gym? Does it really MATTER if someone loses "just" 0.5lbs a week? Are you really BETTER than someone else because you workout 6x a week and they maybe only do it 3x? Does it matter that your diet is cleaner? Who is anyone to say that another isn't working hard enough? Or that what they do is "weird", or "wrong" ? :angry:

Stop judging others. There is no right or wrong way to approach fitness goals. No dumbell is too light, no speed too slow. We're all in this together - stop judging others! :frown: I'm just so mad and sometimes so disappointed. Hopefully this reminds everyone to be kind - your way isn't necessarily the right way for everyone.

</ end rant!>

Replies

• jen1516
    jen1516 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Like!!!
  • Falisha13
    Falisha13 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Well Said! :happy:
  • Zsangel
    Zsangel Posts: 202
    Options
    AMEN!! :flowerforyou:
  • sheilarae72
    Options
    I am in absolute agreement! people need to look at themselves more.
  • LeeBeeW
    LeeBeeW Posts: 100
    Options
    Well said!

Everyone is different! No body is the same! What works for you is good enough!
  • Lollyvoddy
    Lollyvoddy Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Yes! That's been getting to me too. Well said, thank you!
  • redhead91
    redhead91 Posts: 251
    Options
    I HATE that. The worst to me is when people claim that their protein/carb/fat ratio is the ONLY one anyone should be using! Some people can't handle carbs the way others can!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    We're all at different points in our journey hopefully learning from one another, knocking one another down doesn't get us further.

I do understand what you're saying.:flowerforyou:
  • rockasparx
    Options
    I know like how I am on my month and sweets are my thing I have been eating so called wrong this week but i am doing my best to rid it off in my condition. It's hard with extra water and sore legs and cramps give me a break...CHEERS!!!! to you for saying this.
  • MsLisaB
    MsLisaB Posts: 256
    Options
    I couldn't agree more! Everybody here has made the decision to do something positive about their health and/or weight and that should be respected. The way we each choose to go about it shouldn't be criticised. That criticism could just be the trigger that causes someone to give up on their goals! I experienced this first hand recently. I posted something on a forum thread I though was a decent achievement only to have some guys knock it. It left me feeling a bit pissed off actually. It all comes back to that old maxim, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all".
  • AnAverageGamer
    Options
    Welcome to the Internet! Anonymity is a powerful tool.

The Internet teaches one thing well and that is to not feed the trolls.
  • Lexie28
    Lexie28 Posts: 219
    Options
    I agree...there are A LOT of self professed professionals here. I simply ignore the rants.... :flowerforyou:
  • believetoachieve
    believetoachieve Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the Internet! Anonymity is a powerful tool.

The Internet teaches one thing well and that is to not feed the trolls.

I know, but a lot of these people aren't trolls, they're just loud, rude people with hurtful intentions who think they're the fitness god (rather than simply trying to irritate others). :frown:
  • annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I can't excercise cuz of a car wreck, I do what I can but tired of ppl saying that its 80%diet/20%fitness..just dieting alone, and going to the gym 1x for 25min, I've lost 21lbs in 5weeks. I've also ate out 9days outta 10this month and lost 9.2lbs in those 10days..

My point is...if I'm losing weight, and here making a difference n my life...then no1 knows me better than me and what someone else feels they need to do to lose, and what someone else feels they need to not eat or stay away from, is not the same as what I need/want.
  • SaraTonin
    SaraTonin Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Agreed - it's all about encouragement!!! I really hope I'm not too hard on people, as I do like to correct blatantly false information. I'm not trying to discourage people, but am aiming to help!

I guess the key word is unsolicited advice... Because usually they're askin.
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Wow! I must be lucky. I have been on here for over 9 mos and have yet to come across these people. Whew!

Love the "don't feed the trolls" remark too! LOL
  • cherubcrnp
    cherubcrnp Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I've seen this happen on more than one occasion (in forums, blogs, profiles, etc!). I've been getting upset, but I read a recent blog where the owner actually argued and said that his/her way was the "proper" way. Frankly, it's shameful! Whether it's someone complaining, or insulting, or laughing at another - it's just not right. :grumble:

Who CARES if a person is "only" walking on the treadmill instead of running like you? Who CARES if someone parks next to the door at the gym? Does it really MATTER if someone loses "just" 0.5lbs a week? Are you really BETTER than someone else because you workout 6x a week and they maybe only do it 3x? Does it matter that your diet is cleaner? Who is anyone to say that another isn't working hard enough? Or that what they do is "weird", or "wrong" ? :angry:

Stop judging others. There is no right or wrong way to approach fitness goals. No dumbell is too light, no speed too slow. We're all in this together - stop judging others! :frown: I'm just so mad and sometimes so disappointed. Hopefully this reminds everyone to be kind - your way isn't necessarily the right way for everyone.

</ end rant!>

Well said!!!!
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    hey they asked, we answer..just because you dont like the answer we give doesnt mean we are being rude.
    dont come on here asking for advice if you cant take what other people say.

if you want to know why you are plateaued and only working out for 20 mins 2x a week dont get offended if someone tells you to workout more...you asked we answer..simple as that.
  • CommittohealthCHANGED
    CommittohealthCHANGED Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Well said, I totally agree. People check their self before trying to check others. Just because its good for you does not mean its good for others.
  • Bailey_Renee2
    Bailey_Renee2 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I agree!