75 pounds or more to lose++!!

Options
Can I see a show of hands from people that need ot lose this much or more. I'm just curious.
Sometimes it's hard for me to relate to someone that needs to lose 3 pounds. I would just like to know who is in my boat.

Replies

• NurseBarb
    NurseBarb Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Can I see a show of hands from people that need ot lose this much or more. I'm just curious.
    Sometimes it's hard for me to relate to someone that needs to lose 3 pounds. I would just like to know who is in my boat.

• Beth082485
    Options
    I am wanting to lose 80 pounds!
  • shiloh25
    Options
    90 lbs was my goal....I just hit my 10 lbs mark today!! Woo hoo!!! :D
  • ltsoccermom
    Options
    I have 80 pounds to lose! I just started so I have a long way to go. I do enjoy this site because I am journaling my daily intake more than I ever have. I also enjoy seeing what the exercise does for the calorie intake. I try to stay at my goal but today I went over but did not feel so bad because with the exercise I really was under my calorie count.

I have joined a local bicycle riding group as well. Even though I am riding alone right now they are an inspiration and motivator to get me out on my bike.

With a support system it will make it easier.

Stacy
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I was in for 80 lbs. Just hit my first 10 this week so I'm looking forward to the next 10 and the next and the next.....

I know what you mean about relating to people who only need to lose 3-5 lbs but you have to remember that to them that's like losing 75. We have to be supportive for all who want to lose no matter how big or small the number. It's all about health.

You, we can do this!!!!
  • webebeer
    Options
    Weight Loss Success Stories - Real People Lost Weight By Diet & Exercise.....check out this site....the stories will provide you with inspiration and motivation...they are great..............

http://www.shapefit.com/success-stories.html
  • ltsoccermom
    Options
    Siloh25 and Memaw66 CONGRATS on losing 10 pounds!! That is so Cool. :glasses:
  • dhayes
    dhayes Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Goal is 178 pounds, 43 down 135 to go!
    :glasses:
  • cellorocker
    Options
    I'm not trying to lose 75, but I'm trying to lose 70.
    Sort of close.
  • shiloh25
    Options
  • RLCoach
    RLCoach Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    From 262 to 172. 90 lbs total. I am a month into it and have lost 22 lbs.
  • suevittorioso
    Options
    :wink: my origional goal was losing 50 lbs-that would bring me to 150.then i thought of who is was in the first place and it may take 2 yrs but 75 total would bring me back to pre-all-the -babies -weight. granted the "babies" are between the ages of 25 and 31! i used to be really skinny and cute.with a slight built.i want to see that again!!!!!:laugh:
  • debschk
    debschk Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm in the 75+ pounds group too :smile: I've made it a point not to get on the scale for the past couple weeks but I can say that my new lifestyle is working because I feel SO much better! More energy to play with my 2 yr-old twin boys! :laugh: :tongue:
  • bkrbabe57
    bkrbabe57 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I need to lose about 100 pounds. But my goal is a bit more realistic I haven't seen that weight since high school. I am working on 33 - 50 pounds. If I can keep that off I will be thrilled.
  • maryschmidt
    Options
    I don't have that much to lose anymore, but I did. I lost 80, gained half back and am determined to lose that before I gain it back. Don't look at the total. Look at it in small increments. You can do it!
  • NurseBarb
    Options
    Thank you all so much! I appreciate all the replies and to see how far some of you have come and how far some of you have to go.

Yes I understand that 3-5 pounds is very hard for some people and I fully support everyone and their goals. I'm not trivialising that at all. I will be there to support them as well!

I just sometimes might have issues to discuss and finding people that might have experienced the same thing would be nice. Sometimes being overweight is like being a whole other species. I have been treated badly and discriminated against many. many times because of my weight. Even to the point of being denied job promotions etc.

So anyways, let's go out and have a great weight week!!! Woo Hoooo

:heart: :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    My goal is 118 lbs and have lost 13 so far 105lbs to go
  • Junie05
    Junie05 Posts: 26
    Options
    I have 105 lbs left to lose, too! I have lost 7 lbs since Jan. 1 eating fruits, veggies, whole grains (oatmeal, quinoa) and beans/lentils. I have lost all my sugar cravings!!!! Wowza... I feel so much better already and it makes me want to exercise even more. :bigsmile:
  • NurseBarb
    Options
    I have 105 lbs left to lose, too! I have lost 7 lbs since Jan. 1 eating fruits, veggies, whole grains (oatmeal, quinoa) and beans/lentils. I have lost all my sugar cravings!!!! Wowza... I feel so much better already and it makes me want to exercise even more. :bigsmile:

It's amazing how you lose the sugar cravings that are so hard to get over at first. And then if you take a drink or a bite of something really sugary it's SO POWERFUL it almost makes you want to puke. Can you believe what a difference it is??? :noway:
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Im a 75+++