OMG I bought the Hungry Girl 300 under 300!!

Options

Replies

• sarahmal27
    Options
    awww we can't get that book here in england :(
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    awww we can't get that book here in england :(

even on Amazon?
  • ouryear002
    ouryear002 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Egg mug info- can't wait to try one!!!

http://www.hungry-girl.com/newsletters/raw/1256
  • sarabig2fit
    sarabig2fit Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    thank you for introducing me to this. i'm buying the books right now! :) SO excited!
  • janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    For people in the USA it's at Costco for $12.99, I bought it too.
  • ShelbyLB
    ShelbyLB Posts: 431
    Options
    I'm so glad everyone is loving the recipes!!! :) I was SO grateful to have 'found' Hungry Girl...
    Here is their website http://www.hungry-girl.com/
  • tenessaa
    tenessaa Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I got mine in the mail last week! I love it! I've tried the hungry Chick Griddle(something like that lol) the Chicken Coq Au Vin and the major mocha oatmeal! Yummo!
  • udallmom101
    udallmom101 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    The pumpkin pancakes are DELICIOUS!!! I too am a HUGE fan of Pumpkin anything! When I want IHOP pumpkin pancakes I make these. They are awesome!
  • ShelbyLB
    Options
    @ udallmom101 - thanks for the info!!! I will DEFINITELY be trying the pumpkin pancakes!! :) Yummm
  • aportillo8
    aportillo8 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I love Hungry Girl she even has a website http://www.hungry-girl.com/
    you can sign up and get daily recipes!
  • ChaseyandLillysmama
    Options
    im going to look these up right now, im excited! Thank you for sharing!!
  • dmbrown1200
    dmbrown1200 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have been addicted to Hungry Girl ever since I found her! I don't know how they even come up with some of the recipes but I love it. Did you you see the chocolate mug cake.....SO GOOD
  • ShelbyLB
    Options
    I didn't see the chocolate mug cake...but YUMMM it sounds delish!! :) There are SO many recipes in that book...I need to just take the time to READ IT like a novel...and pick some to try! :)
  • letsgetit
    letsgetit Posts: 33
    Options
    I JUST discovered her last week because I had a terrible pasta craving and im supposed to be low carb lol. She had recipes for shirataki noodles which arent real pasta and I ran to whole foods and picked them up. The verdict = awesome! The brand I got even says Hungry Girl approved on the package lol. I didnt know she had a book so i'll look into that, her website had so many things I was just starting there.
  • llovegrove
    llovegrove Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I am addicted to her shows, and have bought two cookbooks. I have only made the PBandJ PArfait for my daughter...of course I had to taste it...we loved it! I also use the Comfort Food Diet recipe books and love everythign I ahve made from them. I ahve already bought food for meals this week so as soon as I am done I am meal planning from Hungry GIrl!!
  • crissa71
    crissa71 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I don't have the cookbook but, I'm a big on-line recipe finder so I have Hungry-Girl.com as my top favorite!! Was craving chinese so went to hungry-girl.com chew the right thing and found an egg roll swap made it last night and everyone loved it! Even my picky teenage boys! Recipe is below-

Honor Roll
    These may be called Shrimpylicious, but they're anything BUT "shrimpy" -- they're large and in charge! Pair 'em with our So Low Mein w/ Chicken or our guilt-free moo shu, and you've got a full-on feast from the East. Fortune cookies not included.

Ingredients:
    6 large square egg roll wrappers (found in the refrigerated section of the supermarket with the other Asian items)
    4 cups (about half of a 12-oz. bag) dry coleslaw mix
    One 6-oz. can (4 oz. drained) tiny shrimp, drained
    1/2 cup canned water chestnuts, drained and sliced into strips
    1/4 cup bean sprouts, chopped
    2 scallions, chopped
    1 stalk celery, thinly sliced widthwise
    2 tbsp. light or low-sodium soy sauce
    1 tsp. crushed garlic
    1/4 tsp. ground ginger
    1/8 tsp. salt
    dash pepper
    Optional: sweet & sour sauce, for dipping

Directions:
    Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Place slaw mix in a microwave-safe bowl with 2 tbsp. of water, cover, and microwave for 2 minutes. Drain any excess water, and transfer slaw mix to a large bowl. Add all other ingredients except for the wrappers, mix well, and set aside. (For more intense flavor, allow mixture to marinate in the fridge for 20 minutes.) Prepare a large baking sheet by spraying it lightly with nonstick spray.

Place two egg roll wrappers on a clean, dry surface. Evenly distribute about 1/2 cup of the mixture onto each wrapper, in a row a little below the center. Moisten all four edges of each wrapper by dabbing your fingers in water and going over the edges smoothly.

Fold the sides of each wrapper about 3/4-inch towards the middle, to keep the mixture from falling out of the sides. Then, roll the bottom of each wrapper up around the mixture, and continue rolling until you reach the top. Seal the outside edge with another dab of water. Carefully transfer egg rolls to the baking sheet.

Repeat process twice with remaining wrappers and filling, making sure you have a clean, dry surface each time.

Spray the tops of the egg rolls with nonstick spray. Bake in the oven for 25 - 30 minutes, until golden brown. Allow to cool slightly. If you like, dip egg rolls in some sweet & sour sauce!

MAKES 3 SERVINGS

Serving Size: 2 egg rolls
    Calories: 189
    Fat: 0.75g
    Sodium: 949mg
    Carbs: 33.5g
    Fiber: 3.5g
    Sugars: 5g
    Protein: 12.5g

POINTS® value 3*

HG Alternative! If you're not into shrimp so much, just swap 'em for 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms and you'll have fantastic veggie egg rolls. Woohoo!
  • ShelbyLB
    Options
    the egg rolls sound great!! I love finding recipes online as well..and LOVE that Hungry Girl has a website with tons of recipes, tips, etc...:)
  • Fit4Penny
    Fit4Penny Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Wow, a lot of these recipes sound amazing! But looking at the few recipes posted here I see the sodium content is really high, are all of the recipes high sodium?
  • craftylatvian
    craftylatvian Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I see she uses a lot of processed foods in her recipes. and some reviewers of the book said the sodium content is super high in some things. It looks good, but I want to stay away from processed foods and I think this book would only cause me to eat more of them.
  • cherubcrnp
    cherubcrnp Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I bought the book at Sam's Club yesterday....it was under $15. Many of the recipes look fabulous, easy and appetizing. I am definatly going to look for the Egg Mug that many of you have been talking about.