WOMEN - How do you get through your PMS cravings??

Options
I want peanut M & M's right now!!! :noway:

Replies

• kamorgozo
    kamorgozo Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I give in! Then work it off -- I feel better just letting myself have what I want, and the extra exercise helps the physical symptoms feel better for me.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I just eat...the hardest part is at night when I'm watching tv...last night was strawberries, the fake whip cream, popchips, and sour patch kids...I felt disgusting after lol, I'm hoping tonight instead of sitting there I get to go for a walk. I did really good today, instead of the super awesome chocolate cupcakes on the table at work, I had celery sticks and green tea. I want a cupcake so bad I could tear someone's eyes out, but I just sit here and keep drinking. It's damn hard, and if you cave, it's your perogative...PMS is "anything goes for at least a few days"
  • fishermanwife
    Options
    i eat a resonable portion of what i want and make sure that i already have or will work it off that day and for some reason i always feel more of a push or williness so work out during that time
  • stitcherbeth
    Options
    I give in to them a little. I find I actually feel better if I have a serving of potato chips or a Hershey's kiss or two or part of a bottle of Dr Pepper. I have learned that my body actually needs the extra salt and caffeine during that time and that is partly why I crave it. Fruits, etc do not calm it at all. I don't feel better until I have the salt or whatever it is I am craving. That doesn't mean I go whole hog and eat the entire bag or container of whatever it is. One serving, and I make sure I have the calories for it or exercise to get them.
  • lnelson88
    lnelson88 Posts: 64
    Options
    I just eat...the hardest part is at night when I'm watching tv...last night was strawberries, the fake whip cream, popchips, and sour patch kids...I felt disgusting after lol, I'm hoping tonight instead of sitting there I get to go for a walk. I did really good today, instead of the super awesome chocolate cupcakes on the table at work, I had celery sticks and green tea. I want a cupcake so bad I could tear someone's eyes out, but I just sit here and keep drinking. It's damn hard, and if you cave, it's your perogative...PMS is "anything goes for at least a few days"

lol That's awesome!
  • mirna_ayala0428
    mirna_ayala0428 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I give in but try to find a lowered calorie alternative.
  • Foofyknickers
    Foofyknickers Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    i was thinking of asking the very same thing! I haven't resisted anything at all, I just reached for the crisps and chocolate. Was fabulous and just what I needed at the time, but now I feel quite bad for it. The worst thing is, I never have any motivation to excercise when I feel like this, even though I know it'd make me feel better.
  • michelegbowman
    Options
    Please let me know. I am having them BIG TIME.
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    It is really hard. I generally just do not eat. We do not have a lot of junk food in the house anymore. It is really tough and sometimes I binge on strawberries and whipped cream (yesterday) or some of my son's snacks. I will adjust my eating the rest of the day to stay under my calories but sometimes, well, let's just say sometimes and leave it at that!!!
  • onawho
    onawho Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I eat the M&M's :sad: because if I don't :explode: and then everything is :love: again :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • ChristyP0303
    ChristyP0303 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    If you want something bad enough....EAT IT! Then exercise it off. I find if I really want something, its best to eat it or I'll eat everything else and still eventually eat what I wanted to begin with.
  • ChristyP0303
    ChristyP0303 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    The motivation is being able to eat what you want. You don't get to eat what you want unless you are willing to exercise it off.
  • SheilaSisco
    SheilaSisco Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I'll cave. But in moderation. If I want chocolate, I have a bag of Dove in my fridge and I'll eat a piece or two. If it's anything else... well... it's usually chocolate, come to think of it! lol. So I'll give in and eat a half or third of a serving just to get my body to knock it off. I always make sure I have the cals available or that I'll be within 50 of the goal... I don't worry too much if I'm not going over by more than that.
  • itsgracia
    itsgracia Posts: 35
    Options
    I agree with eating to a degree...if you can find a better option (i.e. dark chocolate) then go for that. If not, well just close your eyes, eat, and savor it. It will cut down your craving for sure but just make up for it by exercising more. Good luck!
  • its_betty
    its_betty Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Usually a brownie and a bag of chips will do the trick.

Oh, you wanted to know how I resist the cravings. :) I just accept that for 2 days a month, I will want to eat eat eat. I try to exercise more, eat healthy meals, and take my vitamins those days, but I also give myself a break and if I go over calories, so be it.
  • erisfreenici
    erisfreenici Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    So, um, the a "normal"-sized bag of Pretzel M&Ms is only 150 calories. Also, the sugar free jello pudding cups (chocolate) are only 60 calories. I put the cup in a bowl and add fresh strawberries and it almost feels like I'm eating a tray of those Godiva chocolate-covered strawberries.
  • runningfromzombies
    runningfromzombies Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I get up and MOVE. This is the only thing that kept me from breaking my two-week vacation from chocolate yesterday. I went for a very long walk, since I had to run around and do errands anyway. It was hard to get up and go at first, because honestly I just wanted to lay in bed, curled up in a ball, and let the knives continue to stab at my gut, but at the end of two miles and a relatively leisurely stroll, I felt so much better--and craving-free. The rest of the day, I was less bloated and had no cramps at all. Exercise is the best friend a girl can have. :flowerforyou:
  • misspenny762
    misspenny762 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Yeah I just give in to the cravings... It's a normal part of being a woman and I feel like ignoring PMS cravings is just not a realistic long-term plan
  • monkeybelle83
    monkeybelle83 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I just eat a little of what I want to sate the craving. I am doing a lifestyle change, not a diet. I find that I am having more success sticking with it this time around because I don't deny myself anything if I want it. I just stop and think about whether or not I really want it.

Ex. I am having a strawberry infused redbull today. I'm going to switch to S/F redbull and syrup tomorrow though so I can still enjoy them without the huge calorie hit.
  • Lisamarie1226
    Lisamarie1226 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I give in! Then work it off -- I feel better just letting myself have what I want, and the extra exercise helps the physical symptoms feel better for me.

Ditto ;-)