Eggs

Options
2»

Replies

• murrow1105
    murrow1105 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I eat the whole thing! The vitamins and minerals in eggs (vitamin D, vitamin A and calcium) are mostly found in the yolk.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Whole eggs. Although the idea of one with yolk and one without is interesting, why throw away a yolk if you don't have to? There was a study released recently that contradicted the previous "don't eat too many eggs" mandate of last century. Also the USDA recently determined that eggs contain less cholesterol than originally stated: 185 mg vs. 215 mg. Eggs, whole eggs, are good for you.
  • Bluefaery
    Options
    I LOVE EGGS, from my head down to my legs! Seriously though...it depends on how I'm eating them, but usually, I go half and half. If I'm making boiled eggs, I'll eat only half of the yolks. If I'm making fried eggs, I eat the whole thing, and if I'm making fluffy scrambled eggs, I do more whites than yolks. Eggs rock, for sure. I know they say that the yolks are full of cholesterol, but after a workout, a few hard boiled eggs and a piece of fruit always hit the spot for me.
  • ahanson6
    ahanson6 Posts: 102
    Options
    I have 2 whole hard boiled eggs for breakfast every morning. I have a crazy schedule, and they are great when I am running out the door in the morning. They fill me up until lunch time, the calories aren't too high as long as I am working out that day, and they taste good. Plus I don't eat other foods that are high in cholesterol, so I like to think I can get away with it.
  • quoyle
    quoyle Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I eat the whole egg because most of the nutrition in is the yolk. Research is now showing that even though cholesterol is high in the yolk it does not negatively affect your blood cholesterol. So eating an egg or two a day won't give you high cholesterol or increase your risk of heart disease. Good news because it's an easy way to get protein in the morning!
  • MyNameIsNotBob
    MyNameIsNotBob Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    I eat the whole egg, but won't eat more than 2 in a day.
  • fromaquasar
    fromaquasar Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I eat the whole thing - as a vegetarian I need all the protein I can get. I either have an egg for breakfast, or hard boiled as a snack each day :)
  • JillyCornwall
    JillyCornwall Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    We don't have egg beaters here in the UK, at least I've never seen them..but I've read that they are dyed yellow so that they look like scrambled eggs when made. Is that true? That alone would put me off ecause I avoid yellow colouring wherever possible as my mother was poisoned by yellow food colouring..that was in her medication..apparently its very toxic!
  • otr12
    otr12 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Just the white. I have (maybe HAD by now) borderline high cholesterol. As long as there are two side to the cholesterol in eggs debate I'm sticking to the safer side.
  • neverheavyagainconnie
    Options
    Whole egg!!!!
  • deathtaco
    deathtaco Posts: 237
    Options
    Whole eggs. You don't see animals separating out the yolks cause they're bad for 'em.
    Egg white is just protein. Egg yolk contains everything else worth eating.

As stated before, dietary cholesterol has no affect on blood levels. Cholesterol is a naturally produced steroid in the body - if it was bad for us, our body wouldn't produce it as a none-waste substance.

Inflammation is the killer.
  • kpadilla411
    Options
    I eat just the egg white. I eat like 3 for breakfast for only 51. It is low in calories and the yolk has a lot of cholesterol, plus I dont really like the yolk too much.
  • Mommyof3texans
    Options
    I typically do a mix of 1 whole egg with 2 or 3 egg whites, especially when I eat them scrambled.
  • willnorton
    willnorton Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    eggbeaters have sooooooooooo much sodium in them
  • bluespring
    bluespring Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Whole eggs for me too. 2 a day for breakfast during the week.
    Egg beaters on the weekend.
  • kentlass
    kentlass Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    just egg whites for me...occasionally i'll have a whole egg but i love egg whites so don't mind having just them
  • sstoutccn
    sstoutccn Posts: 10
    Options
    If God wanted us to eat the egg and yolks separately, he would have made 2 kinds of eggs :)
  • mikeyrp
    mikeyrp Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    If God wanted us to eat the egg and yolks separately, he would have made 2 kinds of eggs :)

I think that debate might just be more divisive than this one... so I''ll just say 'Whole egg' but probably only 3 a week