30 day shred success

Options
WarmDontBurn
WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
When did you notice a difference? What did you notice? Were you using the shred to lose weight, tone or both?

I am bored and sick so thought it would be cool to see how others did. I am only level 1 day 5 so nothing yet.

Replies

• hchandler0823
    hchandler0823 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm only on Level 1, day 2. It's kicking my butt!
  • rurukidoo
    rurukidoo Posts: 54
    Options
    I measured after 4 days, because I gotta know how I'm doing with stuff often and I had lost 1/2 inch off my waist, 1 inch off my hips and 1 inch off my upper arms. I haven't weighed myself though I will on Wed. I done day 5 today, took a day off yesterday due to a really bad migraine, and it seemed a bit easier. Keep with it, I do think it works!
  • sarahs440
    sarahs440 Posts: 405
    Options
    lost 3.4 pounds and 2 1/2 inches in the first week. I am now on level 2 and hoping for great results this week too! Its tough but I push through every day to get it done!
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    I am doing it for both (losing weight and toning). I am on level 3, day 5. I have seen some wonderful results not only in my endurance but how my body is changing. So far, I have lost a total of 7 inches, and I will measure again when I am finished next week. I also have lost anywhere from 8 to 9 lbs because of it. I know it gets boring sometimes, but she really does work you. I have heard/seen some amazing results on here from the 30-day shred. Keep with it, and you will see a difference too. Trust me.
  • KristynStephens15
    KristynStephens15 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Just ordered it this morning, hoping the husband and I will be starting it next tuesday. Glad you posted this!
  • WarmDontBurn
    Options
    Wow some have had great success in a short time! I was looking to lose a few inches in the waist..none in the boobs or they might disappear altogether :laugh: and the last 8lbs wouldn't be too bad either.

I like the workout though. My thighs were super sore for a few days and today I finally have no pain...bring on day 6!
  • rurukidoo
    rurukidoo Posts: 54
    Options
    My thighs were super sore for a few days and today I finally have no pain...bring on day 6!

YES! This was me for the first 3 days, then I was totally fine on day 4, felt like a total achievement! =)
  • brph26
    brph26 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    After my first 10 days, I lost 1 inch off of my waist and 1 from my hips along with 4 lbs. After the second 10 days, I lost an additional 1/2 inch from both my waist and hips, along with another 2 lbs I believe. I definitely look more toned up too all over!

I am on day 4 of level 3 today, and I can NOT wait for the final results after 30 days!
  • WarmDontBurn
    Options
    This is making me so happy! Glad I posted :happy:
    My goal is Mother's Day and if I do it every single day I will finish the day before!
    What a great gift to myself. If I fall short then Father's Day will be my new goal, then hubby will have a great gift...LOL.:blushing:
  • gallegosmagaly
    Options
    I started last Friday and let me tell you I was sore all week end, Today was my first day to do it again, I will continue to do it everyday seeing as how my muscles seem to be more flexible and allow me to MOVE!!!!!!!! Keep at it and good luck, I am planning to incorporate the elliptical as well to my routine hope that helps. I can successfully complete a whole hour now on it!!!! I too am waiting impatiently to see what day 30 brings :)
  • melissa0001
    melissa0001 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Here are my results with round 1

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/195358-1-round-of-30-day-shred-done-2nd-started-today

I just completed Day 26 of round 2. So far this round i have lost 10 lbs and 5.5 inches. Official end will be on Friday!
  • WarmDontBurn
    Options
    WOW!! Need I say more..I am more excited then ever to see my results! I took pics and measurement too so hopefully I can at least achieve half of what you did!

AMAZING you look fantastic!
  • tladame
    tladame Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Just curious, do you need any equipment (like hand weights) for this DVD workout? Sounds interesting!
  • WarmDontBurn
    Options
    Yes I use 3lb weights. You also need a mat if exercising on a hard surface. I found a mat for $9.00 and 2 - 3lb weights cost about $8.00 so not too expensive.
  • tladame
    tladame Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Oh good, I have a set of 3 lb. and 5 lb. weights. Just might check this out! Thanks.
  • afries0907
    afries0907 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    is a mat really necessary? just curious, i'm starting today and i don't have a mat. think i"ll be ok for a few days until i get one?
  • WarmDontBurn
    Options
    No a mat isn't required. The only stuff in level one is the ab stuff...crunches...We have wood floor so before the mat I would have just used a blanket. I wanted the mat to make it feel more official...lol
  • HiJam
    HiJam Posts: 22
    Options
    is a mat really necessary? just curious, i'm starting today and i don't have a mat. think i"ll be ok for a few days until i get one?

You can use an entry rug or several towels for the EVER SO BRIEF time you'll be on the floor. I picked up a mat at Ross for $10 or so, but I never use it. Weights are cheap there too.

As for success on 30-day shred ... mixed bag. I feel a lot stronger, can eat a little more due to exercise cals and my clothes are fitting better. But weight loss, not much. That said, I have a colleague on another program who dropped 3 sizes but lost only 8 lbs. and now is wearing all those "cute clothes" I want to fit into! So it's all in how you measure success.
  • bobbiegirlnc
    Options
    I've been using MFP for about 2 weeks. I have lost about 1.5 to 2 lbs. I was reading over the success posts and decided to try the 30 day Shred. I hope I have as much success as others have had. I'll keep you posted on the results. Now just have to wait on the UPS guy to deliver my DVD. :) My goal is to loose 30-40 lbs.!
  • KristynStephens15
    KristynStephens15 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    I ordered the Shred yesterday, also waiting on the UPS man. I plan to start it next tuesday. best of luck!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!