Healthy snacks for someone with a sweet tooth?

Options
I find it hard to resist snacking when sat at my desk all day at work....and doesn't help that I work opposite a Co-Op and can pop and get anything I want whenever I want!!!!!!!

I have a real sweet tooth.......sweets/chocolate etc.....so cutting it all out is really hard for me.

I also hate fruit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So thinking up healthy snacks that I actually like and am happy eating is a problem for me :(

If I have a real craving I sometimes have jaffa cakes as they're not TOO bad!

Replies

• JoAnnLeahMurphy
    Options
    I was in the same boat last night, I was totally craving ice cream. So I blended up some frozen strawberries and made a smoothie, did the trick for me.
  • merebear
    merebear Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    My mouth is full of "sweet teeth" :) I like the 100 calorie snack bags - brownie bite are good, especially with milk! Also, Reeses has snack sticks that are just like Nutty Bars - 2 wafers covered in chocolate and penaut butter !!
  • razberrysweetea
    Options
    Try Dannon Greek Honey on the Bottom 0 fat yogurt...it's oh so good and makes me feel like I"m cheating every time I eat it
  • lemonadem
    lemonadem Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    So random recipe from Nilla Wafer book.. turned out to be great!

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=1031072

Don't know if it will help you at work, but might be something new for home?

Good luck!
  • mlpautzke
    mlpautzke Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You say you hate fruit, just try frozen grapes!
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209
    Options
    try dark chocolate, 2 finger dark chocolate kitkat, 2 biscuits?
  • ngoat
    ngoat Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I eat the 100 calorie packs from Nabisco. They have different one that include chocolate.
  • fullerlj
    fullerlj Posts: 25
    Options
    My chocolate cravings get pretty intense as well... Jell-O instant Sugar free pudding mix with skim milk is fast and east way to curb the craving. I have also have come across this amazing gum that tastes like mint chocolate chip ice cream! I believe it is EXTRA plus i think there are also a couple pie flavors as well. Hope this helps!

Also....one small piece of dark chocolate every now and then is good for ya!
  • Sallerina84
    Sallerina84 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I wish I liked fruit!!! lol!

and that's not just me being fussy and saying I dont like it having not tried it, I've really tried to make myself like it but I just can't stand it! lol....strawberries, raspberries, oranges, pears, bananas........I don't mind apples, but don't like them enough to think "hmmm, I think I'll have an apple" lol!

When are they going to invent calorie free chocolate that tastes exactly like dairy milk!!!!!!!!!!
  • waverly9876
    waverly9876 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I have a major sweet tooth. Here are my faves:
    Sugar free pudding
    Vitamuffins or vitabrownies (100 calories), I then put some sugar free hcocolate pudding and maybe some fat free whipped topping. If I have strawberries, I had some and its amazing!!!
    100 calorie- Blue Diamond almonds- cocoa roasted dark chocolate
    Kroger no sugar added ice cream - Rocky Road
  • UnoDiamante
    UnoDiamante Posts: 356
    Options
    You say you hate fruit, just try frozen grapes!

Frozen grapes are THE BEST!!!! :)
  • KatyE213
    KatyE213 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I see you are in the UK so you have Boots, and I absolutely love Boots Shapers blueberry & yogurt nougat bars, 89 calories each. I would much prefer them to most choccie bars etc. They really satisfy sweet cravings, give them a try!! :smile:
  • amybrauch
    amybrauch Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Kellogg's Fiber Bars - especially the caramel fudge coconut flavored ones. They are 120 calories & they taste sinful. I also will have some Hostess 100 calorie cupcake packs for times that i must have something sweet. Also, those Reese's 100 calorie sticks that a previous poster mentioned are GOOD.
  • UnoDiamante
    UnoDiamante Posts: 356
    Options
    Hostess has 100 calorie little chocolate cakes (I like the cinnamon streusel ones better)..that might be a good option for you if you are really craving something sweet...
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    set a specific time when you can have a snack to keep from grazing. I have 2 snacks that I eat everyday and one of them totally takes care of my chocolate jones. Ghiradelli dark chocolate chips (40 calories for 8 chips-eat them one at a time and let them melt on your tongue-delish!). I know you said you hate sweets, but I love a tart apple with peanut butter on it. It's my daily after school snace. The jello mousse cups are really good too.
  • mitts1970
    mitts1970 Posts: 56
    Options
    carrots dipped in peanut butter is a fave for me! try sugar free jello cups w/ light cool whip. someone mentioned frozen grapes - delish! yogurt. plain almonds shaken in a little brown sugar/cinnamon. just a few ideas :)
  • Sallerina84
    Sallerina84 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    try dark chocolate, 2 finger dark chocolate kitkat, 2 biscuits?

yes good idea! I have milk kit kats sometimes as they're 107 cals, but presumably the dark ones are less! good thinking!

I'll try the danon yoghurt too :)

x
  • flozick
    flozick Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    i'm goin to try the frozen grapes today. thanks for the thought
  • SassyStef
    SassyStef Posts: 413
    Options
    dark chocolate covered almonds or maybe to ease yourself into liking fruit try a Gala apple (they sweet) and some peanut butter.......make it a habit to add one new fruit or veggie a week, its all in your mind that you dont like them :wink:
  • labrennan
    labrennan Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    i like chocolate chip vitatop muffins with a glass of skim, vanilla soy or almond milk....very good combo to me