Replies

• hippo_hips
    hippo_hips Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    also I thought I'd add that I've lost 30 lbs in the past 3 months
  • jsavy
    jsavy Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Some say throw the scale away, some say once a month, some say once a week well, I for one say once a day in the morning first thing after bathroom trip. I know from day to day what I have to do and what I can`t do. I have learned really through the years you have to live and enjoy life so put diet out of your mind and just make allowances in little things like bread, butter, soft drinks, cookies, candy etc and that all addes up and diffently portions. For years I have let diets control me and this time it is different I am losing a pound or two a week and if o that is find too, I just am not worring about it anymore life is just to short and getting shorter for me TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY THE BIG 70 so you see is it all worth all that worry ENJOY LIFE we only go through once.
  • bmmarti3
    bmmarti3 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself at least once a day (when I'm home) sometimes 2-3 time. Generally my favorite weight comes in the morning and I record that weight. I generally check it when I get home from work and sometimes at night before I go to bed.

I have a Wii and like to see the graphs on wii fit. I don't get concerned when I see it bouncing around because I know it does. I just like to see the trends.
  • a_stronger_steph
    a_stronger_steph Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Every day - I think more data points are better than fewer! :) But some people get really panicky about seeing the scale at (for example) 165 one day, 167 the next, 166 the next, 165 again the next.... etc. Personally I just like tracking the fluctuations. Also, I have had days where I am lower, then on my "weigh in" official day (I only record on MFP once a week), I am suddenly a pound or two higher (because of water weight, too much sodium the day before, hormone changes, etc.)... it would freak me out more I think if I didn't have the daily record.

What I think I might do is start recording my daily weight, and then on weigh-in day, take an average for the week.

There are hundreds of people on this site, and hundreds of ways to do things -- find what works best for you, and think honestly about what sort of person you are! If you will get freaked out by minor changes, or if you get easily obsessed with things, then personally I'd think weekly or bi-weekly would be a good option.
  • shelimac
    shelimac Posts: 12
    Options
    I am a scale junkie, I weight myself everyday in the morning
  • Natalie0506
    Natalie0506 Posts: 163
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning to guage how I'm doing. Right now, I'm retaining water, so I'm trying to cut down on my sodium intake.
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Minimum, once every 2 weeks. I like to see a big difference in numbers when I look.
  • kristanickerson
    kristanickerson Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I like to weigh myself every Wednesday or Thursday (find a day that works best for you) first thing in the A.M. after you pee but before you eat. I would recommend the day before to make sure you get a healthy dose of water and lower the sodium and sugar intake in case you have some water retention, I also stay away from carbs and alcohol at supper the night before .
    Yeah it might be a bit of a cheat to find the right day and lower the carbs and all that but sometime being down another pound is just the motivation you need to be down the next one :)

That being said don't get too hung up on the scale either when you're not down on the scale go by how your clothes feel and how your body feels. It's not your imagination when your clothes feel like they're getting looser you're shriking!!!

For me my clothes still aren't exactly lose but I don't have to do the hokey pokey to get into my jeans. I have to keep reminding myself they didn't stretch all of a sudden I actually shrunk myself! It's all the small vicories no matter how small that get you to your big goal.
  • Dbow0207
    Dbow0207 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Every Wednesday, everyday is too much, you'll go crazy trying to weigh yourself everyday
  • Kimrenaud
    Kimrenaud Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Because I am a diabetic I have to journal every day. So I do it every day, its amazining to see the fluxuation of weight. I have to always remeber if I exercised, what time of month it is, what I ate the night before. so with that being said I stay accountable.
  • joaniegray
    joaniegray Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I do it daily but - have not weighed myself since Saturday night when I overate at a pot luck dinner! However, I MUST weigh in tomorrow and hope I am back to where I was pre pot luck. If I did not weigh in soon, I'd go off my healthy eating regime for sure. So for me - DAILY - only way I am accountable to myself! Too easy for me to slip = however, others seem to do fine at once a week. What do you think is good for you?
  • cconeill
    cconeill Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Me Too :)
  • edith_t
    edith_t Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    every day...it's addictive though so i'd warn against starting it! i reckon once/twice a week would be a good idea.
  • pinup_mama
    pinup_mama Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday. As many PPs have said, it does mean that there is some fluctuation due to water weight, etc, but it helps me stay on track.