can someone please critique my diary?

Options
13»

Replies

• Amy62575
    Amy62575 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Don't need ur pat on my back, u smartass.

Also if u gained wright back from losing it, then it's ur fault for beiing ignorant and thinking shakes are magic when they are not. They just supplement.

Yes I have ate veggies every way possible. Dot believe me? That's ur problem. :)

ANYWAY

Thanks u guys (well most of u anyways) for the critisms. Ive been losing weight eating this way. Didnt think it be so easy to count calories!

WOW. It amazes me that YOU asked for critique and then when you got it, not only did you come back AGAIN and defend yourself, call someone a name and insult 2 people's intelligence ALL IN THE SAME POST. :huh:

YOU, MY DEAR ARE THE IGNORANT ONE. I'm sorry any of us wasted our time on trying to help someone who clearly didn't want any help in the first place. Good luck to you on your journey, although I doubt very seriously that you will succeed based on YOUR IGNORANCE AND CLOSED MINDED ATTITUDE. :laugh:

GOOD DAY. :flowerforyou:
  • Thexplodingirl
    Options
    WWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWW
  • LG61820
    LG61820 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I looked at a few days of your food diary, but was more interested in your exercise. I know MFP is telling you that you burned that many calories walking, but I think it is overestimating. I run, walk, jog, skip, do standing jumps on 6-8 inch high boxes for about 48 minutes on my lunch break 4 days a week and only burn about 305 calories according to my HRM. You could be burning more if you weigh a lot more that me (166), but I think MFP way overestimates the burn.

I have found that adding sodium to the nutrients I track has been eye-opening to me. I am currently trying for 1500 or less sodium per day. You might want to try tracking it and see what you find.
  • marielenrdz
    marielenrdz Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm actually going to have to defend this dieter! I dont think the response to the critique was all that bad...just further explanation of why he eats the way he does. I have a very fit friend who never touches a single vegetable, can't stand them. So, it's very possible to hate vegetables all together.

Now his second response was a bit more hostile but I was a little surprised that some members of this forum got a little huffy, to begin with. So, maybe that was just his defense mechanism kicking in. I may be wired differently, but my understanding of support is to be pleasant and friendly, not condescending (sp?) and scolding. We're all adults and like to be treated as such. I might have felt a little hurt had someone mistaken my response to the critiques as being defensive. I still think it was just further explanation. I wouldn't have posted again, though, had I been hurt by the scolding.....especially not as hostile as the second post was. I probably would've just tucked my tail between my legs and hidden in a corner, never to ask for help again!!

That all being said, this is why I never ASK for help. I'm pretty meek and mild and tend to get my feelings hurt too easily! Kleenex is successful because of people like me! I always appreciate unsolicitated support, though. So far, haven't pissed anyone off! ...... well, until now..... :(
  • jen1516
    jen1516 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    When you asked the question you knew what the response would be, eat healthier....then you came back and defended your diet. Did you actually want help and criticism or someone to pat you on the back and say the diet shakes are a great staple to your diet?

I like this! Well said.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    What do you weigh? What is your goal? DO you know approx BF%? What is your exercise?

1. you didn't fill it in :P quick added????

2. although you aren't tracking it, you're sodium will be high.

3. Less processed foods. More natural foods e.g. vegetables. *edit - if no veggies, at least switch to less processed carbs like whole grain bread etc.*

4. personally I think the protein intake is low for that cal intake

5. If you're a carbaholic, try some of the lower carb alternatives e.g. mashed cauliflower instead of mashed potato.
  • Azuleelan
    Azuleelan Posts: 218
    Options
    You eat all crap! lol!
  • Azuleelan
    Azuleelan Posts: 218
    Options
    sorry for the delay guys...

i drink LOTS of water alllll daayyy. i COMPLETELY forgot that i'm able to log that in lol

the shakes are working for me VERY well. they fill me up for hours and are low in calories (for a shake anyways)

i have never eaten and prolly NEVER will eat vegetable since i don't like them. no matter how i tried them. never needed them either. i tried salads and vegetables every which way and simply got tired, bored and annoyed by trying them. wasted too much money trying to like vegetable. so thats out the window.

fruits are ok. i can have an orange here and apple there. or a banana. i don't like them RAW, i prefer them blended. i usually just have coconut water since its better and has electrolytes and more potassium than 2 bananas per bottle.

i should of posted this question next week. this week i kinda half assed it since i'm not prepared for this lifestyle THIS WEEK. i kinda just "jumped" on this diet when i found the app on my iphone a few days ago, so it was one of those "Spontaneous revelations" lol

with that being said, i'm proud of myself since i havent touched or even looked at soda for about a month now (i was an EXTREME soda addict and even got kidney stones from it). also i know so far its pretty half assed, but i'm staying withing my caloric limit which is something i never thought possible. trust me guys i was a wreck compare to this.

note about my salad issue:

when i WAS in shape i didn't touch one leaf. or vegetable. yet i was fit and super healthy (said so by my doctors and bloodtests)

you don't NEED vegetables to be healthy. i know thats blasphemy to %98 ogf human population, but the fact is, when i would try vegetable and realized i didnt like them, i would get upset and get demotivated thinking i would never be healthy simply cause i'm not eating vegetables. HOWEVER, when i stop caring what ppl say about vegetables and just found another healthy route (lean meats, some fruits, etc) i start getting lean, muscular and fit.

thank you all for your advice tho, i just don't want the whole "eat your veggies speech" cuz i've heard it a trillion times and quite frankly its caca to me :)

but yes that burrito would of been healthier and would o tasted better. thanks again guys!

you guys ROCK!

Good luck lasting another 25 years.
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    you are going to need to provide a lot more detail... from the looks of it, more fresh food (less processed). you also had a big deficit today, which isn't always the way to go. you already start out with a deficit on MFP, so yours looks to be too large. anyhow, like many of the others said, you need to provide the detail.

good luck!
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    my boyfriend hates veggies too, but will drink a fruit smoothie, or i try and find fruits he likes and specifically get those. It would be really good to try and incorporate a bit of fruit into your diet every day, even if you dont manage your 5 a day..

As for the rest of your diary, its hard to critique because you over-use the "quick add calories" function, which is fine for yourself if youre only interested in calories as opposed to nutrition, but since you specifically asked for people to critique your diary, its not helpful.
    The things you have logged arent always very well balanced either, and you could probably do a lot better and be healthier if you tried harder, but it sounds like youre making progress from where you were before and its a journey, so good luck.