Everybody Poops --- Accept Me :(

Options
My entire adult life I have been "regular." My version of "regular" is going to be MUCHO different than your version of "regular," i'm sure. I only have a BM (bowel Movement) every 5-7 days. This has been "regular" for me for so long now... I'm not at all constipated, I just don't have to go. Then BAM, I will have a day of cleaning out.

Since "dieting" I have had a hard time dealing with this, I have tried eating more fiber and NOTHING, just makes me REALLY gassy. I have tried taking a (small) dose of laxative before bed and NOTHING. It's really hard to think of an entire 6" subway sub, lunches and 6 dinners and breakfasts and snacks just sitting in there doing nothing! :sad:

Any advice or different products I should try? Please only send advice that you know has worked for you :wink:

Thanks guys, your great!

Replies

• sheilamo
    sheilamo Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Flaxseed oil. Tried it yet? Works for me :embarassed:
  • wiebernaut
    wiebernaut Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Prunes (if you like them) have worked for me in the past.
  • FemininGuns
    FemininGuns Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem... I recently started eating more raw greens and taking the time to chew them up nicely... I've been giong more regularly... AND drinking lots of water to help process the fiber.
  • jsteras
    jsteras Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem my whole life, I have to eat about 30-40 grams of fiber daily to go once in the morning. One good thing eating that much fiber makes me feel full all the time. Make sure you drink lots of water also to keep the fiber movin through:)
  • helthymom6
    Options
    I have had this problem most of my life. Now I take raw psyllium husks onea day and drink losts of water. Now i NEVER HAVE PROBLEMS. :)
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Fiber can make it worst if you aren't drinking enough water. I use Miramax. It takes a couple of days to work but I use it every other day. You can also try Psyllium Husk (which is a type of fiber but its known as a constipation reliever and colon cleanser). I've heard positive things about it but haven't yet tried it myself because Miramax is doing the job.
  • emaeder
    emaeder Posts: 2
    Options
    I had the same problem..exactly...up until I gave up pop(soda) and started drinking MUCH more water and eating an apple every day...it was/is AMAZING the difference it has made. I hope someone can give you the "magic" answer!
  • aanddplusoanda
    aanddplusoanda Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Apple juice and prune juice along with a walk uphill. Never fails for me.
  • KristiRexhepi
    Options
    Herbal Aloe Concentrate! I am a Personal Wellness Coach, and you are NOT alone! I have helped SO many clients with this issue! If you'd like to give it a try, here's my website: www.shopherbalife.com/lovemybody

Msg me if you have any questions at all!

Kristi:smile:
  • Wileyjoe
    Wileyjoe Posts: 282
    Options
    Kind of a funny way to ask for friends, but okay.. I accept you. j/k:tongue:

Seriously though, I had similar issues. You just gotta find something that works for you. For me, I find that if I eat 3 servings of fruit per day plus at least one serving of whole grain food I am pretty regular. Other things that help - flax seed oil pills, cooking one meal with extra virgin olive oil tends to lube things up a bit.
  • Sasha_Bear
    Sasha_Bear Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Wow have you talked to your doctor about this I'm curious as to what they had to say? Going to the bathroom once a week just doesn't sound healthy to me, I'm pretty sure your suppose to move your bowels at least twice a day. If I were you I would talk to my physician and see what he might suggest.
  • ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I totally struggle in this department. Vita top muffins work for me. They have 9 grams of fiber. I've been upping my fiber as much as I can - 25-30 grams a day and at first it did make me really gassy. Still does sometimes but it does eventually work. Fiber is for regularity not for actually making you go- just to keep it consistent - thats my understanding anyway. So it doesn't just make you go right away. I wish it did. I also take psyllium husk capsules when I'm not getting enough fiber through food. Other things that help.... coffee, lots of raw veggies, prunes. I try to start out my day with a fiber filled cereal too like kashi honey sunshine or cheerios cinnamon burst.. they both have added fiber. Good luck!

Oh yeah... like the others said - lots of water really helps! Long walks too!
  • angievill
    angievill Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I used to be that way until I started running. Now that I run about 5 times a week at least 3 miles each time. Running has help me I'm able to go to the restroom more often. Last month I had to take a week off from running and I couldn't poop.
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    Have you been to a gastroenterologist? You could have some blockage going on - might want to get a lower GI done if you haven't before. I was the same way for years. I have IBS (do some research). There is an area on my large intestines that is basically tightened up (can't think of the right words) so things can have a hard time passing through that spot.

You could be gluten intolerant. Or even wheat intolerant. I stopped eating bread for a while and tried to get the majority of my carbs through fruits and a good variety of fibrous veggies and that has done wonders. For a couple of weeks I felt like I was 'emptying out'.

I still have my oatmeal in the morning and sometimes some brown rice at night but I don't eat the starchy carbs like I used to.

Going once a week isn't healthy at all. That's not regular. That's waste and toxins building up in your system and you might get to a point where you will have to have it physically removed.
  • tsgaddy
    tsgaddy Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Try drinking more water - room temperature. Also about once or twice a month, I have a cup of Laci Le Beau tea
  • Rockstar_rabbit
    Options
    I use Garen of Life Raw Fiber~ Beyond Organic Fiber. It doesn't mix well, but if you like smooties like I do it blends well. I find it doesn't leave you gassy and it works!
    Good Luck!
  • lunamare
    lunamare Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Been there, done that. If I eat "wrong" my whole system gets wonky and it stresses me out which makes things worse. Psyllium works very well. I was taking 3 tabs a day I think. I've been taking flax seed oil pills at night which work okay too. Really watch your fiber and make sure you're getting enough in. Fresh fruit helps quite a bit as well. Water is key. I have to drink 8 - 10 glasses a day minimum or I'm toast. I did the Trader Joe's 14 day cleanse last winter and it worked very well. But afterwards I had to remember to keep up with the psyllium, etc. I might do that again next month to give my system a jump start before the summer and all the great fresh veggies.
  • jsmith2377
    jsmith2377 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    My husband and son are the same way. My son particularly has some difficulty going to the bathroom. Imagine 7-8 days of stuff piled up. This is what the doctor says....There are two kinds of fiber, soluble and insoluble. Soluble fiber is water soluble. Insoluble fiber isn't and it's the stuff that helps with constipation and pushing stuff through. Think of it as the broom for the digestive system because it sweeps everything out. These are your flax seeds, fruit and vegetable skins, and dark green veggies. We uped it in our son and voila, poopy time. Not my kind of regular but now he's at every 3-4 days.
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    If you're like me, water will not help. I drink liters of water a day and it doesn't help. I eat lots of fruits, some vegetables and that doesn't help. What works for me all the time is something called slimming tea. Here's the write up.

Herbal Slimming Tea is a blend of 100% natural herbs and provides a light, delicious caffeine-free beverage that helps achieve results in aiding digestion and contributing to weight loss. This all-natural herbal tea offers a rich, satisfying taste in hot or iced tea and provides slimming and digestive benefits that may be enjoyed after every meal. Herbal Slimming Tea combines herbs to promote a "thermogenic" reaction which increases metabolic activity. The result is the elimination of storage of excess calories and toxins.

The weight loss part, I don't believe but I guarantee you that it will send you to the bathroom. Got it from my dad. He drinks it twice a day. I drink it a couple of times a week just to flush my system usually before bed so I'll have a movement by the next morning.
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    blinkWTF.gif

girls don't poop