How many hours per week do you workout?

Options
baldzach
baldzach Posts: 1,841 Member
Just wondering what kind of fitness junkies we have out there... how many hours per week do you workout, and what do you do for those hours?

As for me, I spend 4-8 hours a week working out. Sometimes as much as 10, sometimes as few as 3, but rarely more or less than that. In a typical 6 hour week, I'll run for 2 hours, ride for 1 hour, and spend 1 hour in the gym and 2 hours in a group fitness class offered by my workplace. Longer weeks will be more running or cycling on the weekend, usually; like a long run or a long group bike ride.

How about you?

Replies

• Candiceg13
    Candiceg13 Posts: 218
    Options
    I work out at home and probably average 7-8 hrs week, sometimes a bit more/bit less.....

I would love to put in more, but 4 kids, FT job and all that comes with it, def restricts time....
  • Bretto
    Bretto Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    For me it is between 7-11 hours too. I swim for 2 hrs, bike for 2-4 hrs, run 2-3 hrs, weights 2 hrs.
  • jenlayport
    jenlayport Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    8 hrs/wk.
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    oh my...i only do like 2 1/2 hours of cardio a week. :/ i lift and stuff but im not counting that as gym time because i dont know the exact time it takes. Is on 2 and a half hours bad a week??
  • Chiquita_Banana
    Options
    at the least 10 average 12
  • Mariamnroger
    Options
    I work out 45mins to an hour and a half a day. I think it is whatever is healthy for you.
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    I spend around 4.5 hours strength training. sometimes 5.5-6 if I throw in another leg day on the weekends.

Then I spend anywhere from 2-10 hours a week playing soccer. Which is my cardio for the most part. If its bad weather I run tuesdays and thursdays at the gym.
  • savlyon
    savlyon Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    About 8-10 hours week. The next few weeks it will be more because I want to drop a size to fit in a new Easter dress! :)
    I vary what I do though--zumba, elliptical, pilates, body pump, running, biking, swimming.
  • terri0702
    terri0702 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    oh my...i only do like 2 1/2 hours of cardio a week. :/ i lift and stuff but im not counting that as gym time because i dont know the exact time it takes. Is on 2 and a half hours bad a week??

I do the same.
  • ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    Options

I don't think it's bad. You're seeing progress, right?

Same here 3-4 hours cardio 1 hour strength training a week
  • carribear
    carribear Posts: 32
    Options
    I do core work outs at home, a twenty minute work out three times a week, Tues/Thurs/Sat. Mon/Wed/Fri I do C25K for 40mins. However, with baseball season started I will be adding a hour walk to some nights, not a big baseball fan,lol.
  • daddyzgurl
    Options
    about 10 a week.. 7 hours cardio (eliptical and running), 3 strength training (weights and Jillian DVD's).

Being a single mom with 3 little kids and a FT job, I can't do much more.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    About 4 or so.
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a partial P90X. I do an hour of weights 3 days a week (sometimes the 16 minute Ab Ripper X after). I try and get at least one 30-40 minute HIIT. On my off week with weights I try and get a couple of days of cardio (30min to an hour depending on what I'm doing). In fact last week was my off week (2 days of cardio) and I did weights on Monday and I dropped 2.2lbs in 2 days.

I'm not very strict with myself. At a healthy weight too much exercise can have a bad effect (especially cardio).
  • eternlgladiator
    Options
    I shoot for an hour per day but usually miss a day and make that time up over the rest of the days so I'll say 7 hours per week. Once it warms up more I'll add more time on the bike though.
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options

I don't think it's bad. You're seeing progress, right?

Same here 3-4 hours cardio 1 hour strength training a week

You're close if not at a healthy weight. You should switch your focus now. Get in more strength than cardio. Check out the post in my link: "Relatively Light and trying to get leaner". It's a long, long post but has some amazing information.
  • damonmath
    damonmath Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I run a 5k and lift heavy weights for a total of an hour every M-F (5 hrs.)
    I perform footbag freestyle (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUbgxvjn_g8) for 2 hours on Saturday and 1 hour on Sunday (3 hrs.)

8 hrs. per week total

When I was burning fat and losing weight I did an additional hour M-F or around 13 hours total per week.
  • DeniseGdz
    DeniseGdz Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I do about 5 -6 hours a week. Once schools out I'll be able to increase my weights/cardio!
  • CaraRadz
    CaraRadz Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I just went back and looked at my exercise log from January through now, and here is the breakdown:

<5 Hours: 1 week (I was out of town for work)
    5-6 Hours: 1 week
    6-7 Hours: 1 week
    7-8 Hours: 5 weeks
    8-9 Hours: 6 weeks
    >9 Hours: 1 week

On average, I do cardio for about 8 hours/week.
  • scottb81
    scottb81 Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    I am still in the process of adjusting my program but in the past week it was 5.5 hrs running, 5.5 hrs walking, and a little over 3 hrs biking. That is a pretty big increase over what I was doing a month ago.

It's easy to add up the walking hours by doing it at work during lunchtime.