17 Day Diet Book

Options
2»

Replies

• kelhun1
    kelhun1 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Bump...I just saw this on Dr. Phil today (perhaps a rerun?) Anyways, I was interested in hearing how people are doing with this diet. Is it worth a try?
  • arfdemob5
    arfdemob5 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I am on day 15 of phase 2 and have lost 18 pounds. i love it! The food is all very healthy and he gives some great recipes! Dr. Mike's power cookies have become a huge hit in our house! my kids would rather have them than a candy bar now!
  • kelhun1
    kelhun1 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    That's great! So you've lost almost a pound a day? WOW! I think I may have to give it a try. Are the power cookies something sold in stores or a recipe? If it's a recipe and not too involved, would you mind posting it? I have an 11 year old I'm trying to convert to healthier eating...and I'm willing to trick him into it!:wink:
  • Curves73
    Curves73 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    sounds good.
  • mthompson59
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE this diet :love:

I started on January 2 and have lost 27 pounds so far. It's SO easy to follow!
  • smiggles
    smiggles Posts: 3
    Options
    I bought the book at Walmart today. I live in Ontario!
  • MrsBehaving
    MrsBehaving Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE this diet :love:

I started on January 2 and have lost 27 pounds so far. It's SO easy to follow!

That is amazing! Good for you! I have been doing some diet research and so far, I am leaning towards this one. I have a Kindle so I can get it 22 seconds flat but I just want to make sure I buy the one that's going to work! This one looks like keeper!
  • lynninfla
    Options
    I started the 17 day diet last week and am down 6.4 pounds. It is incredibly easy to follow and is something I can make a lifestyle. The book is on Amazon for $12 and change and, for me, was well worth the investment. I agree with mthompson59 - I LOVE this diet :)
  • mom216
    mom216 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I started the 17 day diet 10 days ago. So far the diet is easy to follow - however I have a couple of questions.

Is anybody taking the probiotic as a pill? Or Green tea as a supplement? How much Truvia are you using? I noticed the book mentioned parmesan cheese during the activate cycle, however there is no mention of "how much" or how often. Has anybody been successful drinking more than 2 cups of coffee per day?

I have lost 3 pounds - however the scale bounces up and down every couple of days. On the sample meal pages, 1-2 packet of truvia is included. Under condiments, it says Truvia is allowed in moderation.

I am using Truvia in my morning coffee (6-8 cups) , and I have replaced my afternoon coffee with 2 cups of green tea (with Truvia). Other than that, I am following the diet.

I am trying to loose 15-20 lbs. It is just SOOOOO frustrating. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
  • bluespring
    bluespring Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I started the 17 day diet 10 days ago. So far the diet is easy to follow - however I have a couple of questions.

Is anybody taking the probiotic as a pill? Or Green tea as a supplement? How much Truvia are you using? I noticed the book mentioned parmesan cheese during the activate cycle, however there is no mention of "how much" or how often. Has anybody been successful drinking more than 2 cups of coffee per day?

I have lost 3 pounds - however the scale bounces up and down every couple of days. On the sample meal pages, 1-2 packet of truvia is included. Under condiments, it says Truvia is allowed in moderation.

I am using Truvia in my morning coffee (6-8 cups) , and I have replaced my afternoon coffee with 2 cups of green tea (with Truvia). Other than that, I am following the diet.

I am trying to loose 15-20 lbs. It is just SOOOOO frustrating. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Hi ya.
    3 pounds lost is great! Good for you!
    I've been on the 17 Day Diet since January this year.
    I've lost 18 pounds so far. I stopped weighing myself every day...made me crazy!....because you will go up and down. Now I only do it once a week.
    I do take the probiotics as pills...Dr. Ohhira's..bought online...cheapest price.
    I use Truvia in my coffee and tea. When I drink coffee...not every day...my max is 2 cups. I didn't drink it in cycle one or two. I drink lots of green tea..also Dandelion Root tea...and lots of water.
    I don't use a lot of parmesan cheese....only 1-2 tsp when I do...
    6-8 cups of coffee seems a lot. You may want to cut back a bit in the beginning...and see how you are after cycle 3.
    I'm also exercising a lot....which also helps speed things up. Walking is easy...and a great way to get moving.
    Good luck!
    :bigsmile:
  • Dee78
    Dee78 Posts: 16
    Options
    I started this 'diet' 4-4-11 and I am already down 10lbs. I have 7 more days left on phase 1. I don't take the probiotic in pill form (I just eat the yogurt etc) and I do not add any sweeteners (truvia or otherwise)

I would love to keep in touch with others who are following this. I have quiet a bit of weight to lose (which I lost before and sadly gained back) and hope this helps.
  • bluespring
    bluespring Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I started this 'diet' 4-4-11 and I am already down 10lbs. I have 7 more days left on phase 1. I don't take the probiotic in pill form (I just eat the yogurt etc) and I do not add any sweeteners (truvia or otherwise)

I would love to keep in touch with others who are following this. I have quiet a bit of weight to lose (which I lost before and sadly gained back) and hope this helps.

Wow, Dee!
    That's awesome!
    Great job!
    Keep going!

Come over and see us here..
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/212308-the-17-day-diet

:bigsmile:
  • amy9956
    Options
    I am on day 7 of the first cycle, and I am already down 9 pounds. I am also doing Jillian Michaels 30 Day shred workout DVD! Loving the fast results! I normally dont do well on diets, but this one is super easy to follow and still allows you to eat, so you are not starving. I would recommended the 17 day diet to anyone who wants to change their lifestyle!