Get Fit by the Summer (July 2011)

Options

Replies

• shellypoo7
    shellypoo7 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join!

I'm 179 right now, so my goal would be 164.

This challenge is perfect!

When are we ending? If we're going every two weeks, it coincides with Sunday July 31st. Or are we just going until July 1st?

Thanks for the list of dates for our weigh-in's.......next weigh in
    > APRIL 24th!!!
  • riley711
    riley711 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Checking in at 256 lbs. I want to be 236 lbs by July 31st (or my birthday, which is July 11th)

Is it possible to set up a group for everyone involved in this challenge?
  • Mahora
    Mahora Posts: 15
    Options
    I weight in this morning... minus 2 pounds!!! Could this be the end of my awfull plateau! Hope it is! So today's weight is 145 (sorry I'm used to weight in on Mondays!)

Have a nice week everyone!
  • dtw2abz
    dtw2abz Posts: 5
    Options
    Hello there...am a bit late, but have only joined this site today. What a great idea - Can I join in, too, please? :smile: Having motivation like this challenge would be fab!

I am originally from Michigan but now living in Scotland with my husband. And have gained about 20lbs since moving here, so now looking to lose between 30-40 lbs to be back at my 'happy' weight.

So here's me checking in at 167 lbs. Reaching 140 by end of July would be fantastic. Hope you are all off to a good start!
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Checking in today at 254,. Goal is 215 by July 31!
  • joec53
    joec53 Posts: 8
    Options
    Count me in sw 226.5 gw 195
  • Lou05
    Lou05 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    weighed in yesterday at 193.2
  • norajean04
    norajean04 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I would love to join as well! My weight as of yesterday was 168.2. Hopefully by July, I will reach my goal of 145! :happy:
  • juditay
    juditay Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm in and just started so am new to this site. It's great so far but not sure how to put the graphs and all that jazz in!!:wink:
  • proudtruckersgirl
    proudtruckersgirl Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I just Joined MFP today, but would love to join this group. My weight today is 184.6 my gw by July if I lose 30 lbs would be 154 that would be wonderful.
  • lcoulter23
    lcoulter23 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    ME! ME ME!
  • shellypoo7
    Options
    How do you let go of the things you love to snack on (the ones that you know carry alot of calories)?
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I just eat them less often but still "treat myself" occasionally. It keeps the craving at bay. I am a sucker for cookies and cake, I used to keep cookies at home and loved baking but now I only have them in special circumstances. Like today we are hosting a class at our office with catered meals, I skipped the cinnamon roll this AM and had the scrambled egg wrap ( took off the wrap) and a bowl of grapes and melon. I know we will have boxed lunches with a cookie, I probably eat one but that will be it for awhile! I don't bake cakes to have at home anymore but if I'm at a birthday gathering or wedding, I will still ahve a little piece. A year ago I probably would have eaten 2-3 pieces of cake. It's just little things that make a huge difference!
  • Kevalyn34
    Kevalyn34 Posts: 40
    Options
    I just have to resist. I know that people say, have a small piece & throw the rest away. That ain't me. There's no way that I can throw some yummy goodness in the garbage. So for right now, I refuse to have any cakes, cookies, or candy in the house and I turn down sweets in the office. IT'S HARD!!! But I keep a vision of how I want to look on July 5th in my mind and it helps a little bit. I was just offered a petit four that I refused. So hard to resist, but I feel great that I didn't give in to the temptation. Maybe in a few more weeks, I can try the moderation idea, but for now, just saying no is where I have to stand.
  • grstorm
    grstorm Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I agree with avoiding those treats. Every time I try, it gets ugly. I get the 100 cal packs because the thought of ripping through more than one keeps me in a check but an open box of cookies will not make it around me. I know because I had an episode with some tagalongs today. I thought I could have two and move on, but half a box later I realized I didn't have enough will power yet. This has been a learning experience and I'm not going to beat myself up but I'm not messing with any sweets after all the hard work and sweat I've put in the last month.
  • samantharae121205
    Options
    im in! :)
    170lbs as of this morning.
    sooo 140-155 by july!!.
    lets doo this!!

sry not sure when weigh in days are.
    todays weight:: 169.6
  • shellypoo7
    Options
    im in! :)
    170lbs as of this morning.
    sooo 140-155 by july!!.
    lets doo this!!

sry not sure when weigh in days are.
    todays weight:: 169.6

NEXT WEIGH IN
    >>> APRIL 24th (every 2 weeks on a Sunday)
  • Lou05
    Lou05 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    hope all you guys are doing well, looking forward to weigh in next week hope to have lost some more :smile:
  • Gyoza11
    Gyoza11 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I'm in! My goal for the end of the summer is 60kg (132lbs.)
  • simply_lovable08
    Options
    Just sending a little love and motivation out to all of you. Good luck on your weight loss journey. I am so excited. I am going to Puerto Rico in August. I hope to be a nice sexy thang by then. LOL.

On another note, I did gain a pound and I am trying my best to get over the fact that I had a rough week last week. I am kinda dreading the next weigh-in because I am not sure I will have actually lost anything since I gained since the first weigh-in but ......... I am back on track and ready to go!