I read an interesting study, whats your opinion.

Options
So I was reading this study where they gave women pictures of the different weights and body types and asked them to pick the one they would most like to be like and they also gave men pictures of womens body types and asked them to pick the ones they were most attracted to. While most women chose a body type that was more boyish and thin around 110lbs , most men chose the curvier women around 140 to 150lbs. This is based on a height of 5'5. It's so weird to me that some women work so hard to become rail thin because they think it is more attractive and they actually end up being less attractive to the opposite sex. Guys whats your input on this? Ladies would you rather be very skinny or have a little oomph in your walk away?

Replies

• jperrysunlover
    jperrysunlover Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I vote for curvy. Straight and thin is not my goal!
  • alexbowser
    alexbowser Posts: 322
    Options
    I would rather be curvy, albeit less curvy than I am now.
  • proverbs31chick
    proverbs31chick Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Wow very interesting, I most def don't want to be rail thin. I want to be thick from the waist down, I love Beyonce's shape, she's got thick thighs and hips. You got to have something to work with and bones well that doesn't work. Just my thoughts.
  • clw_888
    clw_888 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    This study doesn't surprise me. I fall into the same category as most of the women from it...would like to be super thin. Obviously not unhealthfully skinny but with very minimal body fat.
  • jennifer3998
    jennifer3998 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I'd like to be thin but not super skinny. I like looking like I obviously work out. What I want most is a nice toned stomach and no muffin top - it's bikini time!
  • running_mom
    running_mom Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I'd rather be curvy. It's more sexy ; )
  • mummum2
    mummum2 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Give me curvy all the way, Beyonce and JO LO bodies come to me!!!
  • HolleeERL
    HolleeERL Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I just want to wear jeans and not have my gut spill over. Don't need to stick thin...I looked like that in high school.
  • ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    For the "awwwwws," I'll say that I just want a good personality.

But in reality, I would say someone healthy, of course. Not fake. I guess it is all based on proportions though.

Oh, and being interesting is a plus. And having a good personality.
    -wtk

Edit: To whomever said Beyonce over Kate Moss, definitely.
  • b00b0084
    b00b0084 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    I would love to be a size 12-14, and look healthy. I have been over weight most of my life and I have always wanted to be a plus sized model. I am 5'7'' so wearing a size 12 I will still look thin, I want to be thin, but have meat on my bones.
  • JanerZzz
    JanerZzz Posts: 276
    Options
    No rail thin here, curves are more attractive...I just don't want the lumpy lumps and muffin tops and all that unpleasantry. But def Beyonce type body vs. Kate Moss. 100%
  • Christie422
    Christie422 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Curvy definitely! When I see someone who is rail thin I think they look sickly. I am shooting for still having some "meat on my bones".
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I don't want to be super skinny. I want to be shapely and have a fit looking body. One with a little muscle on it that doesn't look like I'll blow away at the first strong breeze! (Of course it would take a hurricane to blow me away at the moment!)
  • __flexylexi
    __flexylexi Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I want to be fit, and lean. I dont know what they mean by curvy, but I am in a size 6, would like to end up in a 4/5, and would like to keep my chest. lol. I want to have visible cuts on my biceps, triceps, back etc... but I don't want people to see my ribs lol. So I guess not stick thin, just very lean -- kinda like the typical runner body... but with boobs.. lol
  • nill4me
    nill4me Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Definitely curvy.
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I Vote for curvy!
    Altho i try desperately hard to be stick thin.

Im very close to my goal weight, with only some stubborn thigh flab to get rid of..
    But i must say that as stick like as people think i am im still a very curvy woman.

My waist is currently 24 inches, but my hips are 32 inches, and my breasts are 32DD.
    Which im sure puts me in the 'hourglass' body shape category.
    And i have an even bigger bum, which unfortunately results in me having legs 2 dress sizes bigger than the rest of my body..

Which is the reason im on a diet...

But what im trying to say, is as some people might think im skinny.
    I'd argue with anyone who said i wasn't curvy...
    because i am very curvy.
    im just small curvy.

But is it even possible to be small curvy naturally?
    I dont no..

Honestly i still feel very fat.
    But my fionce says that its because of the size of my boobs..
    I don't no.

But i do no that its NOT possible to feel skinny while being curvy.
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Definitely curvy! :love:

I've always been curvy in a family of the "sticks" so it took me a long time to get comfortable with that.

Now that I've gained weight (during and after pregnancy) I am even more comfortable with it. I adjusted my goal to my pre-pregnancy weight instead of the "10 more pounds" that I was striving for at the time. I was perfect for my body type at that time and 10 more pounds probably would have made me look sickly.
  • kevanos
    kevanos Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I don`t think women try to look good so that men think they look good; they want to look a good according to what they think looks good.

That opinion of what women think is attractive tends to be influence by media a lot and social pressure. Its a vortex. Women are influence by media, then other women are influence by those women.
  • StaceyL76
    StaceyL76 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I want to be fit and toned - athletic looking, not rail thin. Curves are sexy, I just want my curves to come from my muscles not chub.
    I have been too skinny, too fat, and athletic and out of those, I have always been happiest and felt the sexiest looking athletic.
  • Jenn316
    Jenn316 Posts: 21
    Options
    When I lose weight I tend to be boyish rather than curvey. When I was younger I wanted to get fat (wish granted!) and then lose it in hopes of keeping some curves but that is just not my body type. :( I really want to get back down to a size 7 and not have a muffin top at all. My weight can flucuate several pounds in one day and it is very annoying. I tend to weigh myself everyday which I know I shouldn't but I am a little obsessive. LOL I carry most of my weight around my middle . Any suggestions for getting rid of my middle jiggle?